Challenge laid down by UT: Get to Ford Field, Rockets fans
11-28-2017 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
RE: Challenge laid down by UT: Get to Ford Field, Rockets fans
I have a slight bit of a problem with this article. Almost 18,000 is not "half-empty" for a stadium that holds 26,000. A lot of fans on the East Side did not sit in their seats. I was one of them. I have taken to standing at the "mezzanine area" behind the lower bowl - and it was 2-3 deep between the 20's except for areas that are designated for wheelchairs. It allows me to walk around to ensure my blood pressure doesn't get dangerously high when we do stupid stuff on the field.

I know it is an article in a mostly UT-hating local rag, but to say the game could be a snoozer because of Toledo's expected dominance is a sure way to create locker room material. It is not our players saying it, but Akron will be looking for anything they can for extra motivation. Keep in mind - they beat Ohio. We lost to Ohio by - a lot. We scored 10 points. That stuff happens. It can happen again.
11-28-2017 06:36 PM
AquaRocket Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Amen. Well said Moto.

Sent from my XT1650 using CSNbbs mobile app
11-28-2017 07:58 PM
letsgoblue Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Toledo
(11-28-2017 06:36 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  I have a slight bit of a problem with this article. Almost 18,000 is not "half-empty" for a stadium that holds 26,000. A lot of fans on the East Side did not sit in their seats. I was one of them. I have taken to standing at the "mezzanine area" behind the lower bowl - and it was 2-3 deep between the 20's except for areas that are designated for wheelchairs. It allows me to walk around to ensure my blood pressure doesn't get dangerously high when we do stupid stuff on the field.

I know it is an article in a mostly UT-hating local rag, but to say the game could be a snoozer because of Toledo's expected dominance is a sure way to create locker room material. It is not our players saying it, but Akron will be looking for anything they can for extra motivation. Keep in mind - they beat Ohio. We lost to Ohio by - a lot. We scored 10 points. That stuff happens. It can happen again.

I agree 100% that this will not be a walk in the park. Akron is a lot better now than when we played them. Their defense is playing a lot better now, and they have settled some things on offense. Also read some of Bowden's quotes. He's setting things up for his kids; it's an "Us against the World" mentality for Akron, and the only people that need to believe they can win are the players! I'm sure Candle will have the Rockets ready to play, but it's not going to be as easy the second time around.
11-29-2017 08:27 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Just found my confirmation email on my ticket for the game tomorrow in my Spam folder. So I'm trying to figure out where the seat is at. I paid for the sideline seat that should be between the 30's at least. The information on the ticket says "GA" - which I interpret as General Admission. Then it show the seat number as 2348. Does that mean the second section - which is essentially at the top of where the first section ends? I see a section 230 that is between the 50 and 40 on the visitor's side (Toledo's side) and then figure somehow there is a seat number 48? No row identified.

Does anyone know how to interpret their seat number assigned on the ticket receipt. I do not have a physical ticket and have to pick it up at will call on Saturday morning. Tried to find a similar seat number on line and nothing shows up with that kind of numbering.
12-01-2017 10:24 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
(12-01-2017 10:24 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Just found my confirmation email on my ticket for the game tomorrow in my Spam folder. So I'm trying to figure out where the seat is at. I paid for the sideline seat that should be between the 30's at least. The information on the ticket says "GA" - which I interpret as General Admission. Then it show the seat number as 2348. Does that mean the second section - which is essentially at the top of where the first section ends? I see a section 230 that is between the 50 and 40 on the visitor's side (Toledo's side) and then figure somehow there is a seat number 48? No row identified.

Does anyone know how to interpret their seat number assigned on the ticket receipt. I do not have a physical ticket and have to pick it up at will call on Saturday morning. Tried to find a similar seat number on line and nothing shows up with that kind of numbering.

We experienced the same confusion when we tried to initially purchase tickets thru the web site link for the MACC game. All it would do (even for $20 seats) was show numbers and not seat locations. Since we were buying 8, I didn't feel comfortable going that route and was fortunate that I live in Toledo and could go to the UT ticket office, which was much more informative & helpful (I know you didn't have that opportunity, Moto...). My guess is that since no actual sections or seat #s are visible to you, the numbers you're seeing are simply a record of number of GA tickets sold, and your actual seat will be assigned at "Will Call" when you pick it up?
12-01-2017 11:09 AM
Advertisement

MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-01-2017 11:09 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 10:24 AM)MotoRocket Wrote:  Just found my confirmation email on my ticket for the game tomorrow in my Spam folder. So I'm trying to figure out where the seat is at. I paid for the sideline seat that should be between the 30's at least. The information on the ticket says "GA" - which I interpret as General Admission. Then it show the seat number as 2348. Does that mean the second section - which is essentially at the top of where the first section ends? I see a section 230 that is between the 50 and 40 on the visitor's side (Toledo's side) and then figure somehow there is a seat number 48? No row identified.

We experienced the same confusion when we tried to initially purchase tickets thru the web site link for the MACC game. All it would do (even for $20 seats) was show numbers and not seat locations. Since we were buying 8, I didn't feel comfortable going that route and was fortunate that I live in Toledo and could go to the UT ticket office, which was much more informative & helpful (I know you didn't have that opportunity, Moto...). My guess is that since no actual sections or seat #s are visible to you, the numbers you're seeing are simply a record of number of GA tickets sold, and your actual seat will be assigned at "Will Call" when you pick it up?

I sent an email to the person that emailed the ticket information to me from UT, Haven't heard back so far.

On line tickets for the same area at some of the brokers have seats around the 20 yard line in the lower section going for $37. A lot of seats shown as available on the Akron side around midfield for the same price. Looks like the schools may be getting some deals on the prices.
12-01-2017 01:16 PM
cnyrocketfan Offline
Legend

Ford Field news: MAC football championship will be there through at least 2021.

http://getsomemaction.com/news/2017/11/3...field.aspx
12-01-2017 03:28 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(12-01-2017 01:16 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

I sent an email to the person that emailed the ticket information to me from UT, Haven't heard back so far.

On line tickets for the same area at some of the brokers have seats around the 20 yard line in the lower section going for $37. A lot of seats shown as available on the Akron side around midfield for the same price. Looks like the schools may be getting some deals on the prices.

You will get an actual seat and location on your ticket. They are assigning seats as the orders come in, so you don't get to pick your seat.
12-01-2017 05:15 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-01-2017 05:15 PM)MidnightBlueGold Wrote:  

You will get an actual seat and location on your ticket. They are assigning seats as the orders come in, so you don't get to pick your seat.

I knew I couldn't pick my seat, but I could have sworn she told me when they emailed the information it would have the seat number on it. Well, I guess it did - whatever 2348 means. Might be the order number and they assign seats based on that number - with the lowest getting the best seats. Guessing.
12-01-2017 05:21 PM
SylvaniaRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOLEDO ROCKETS
(12-01-2017 05:21 PM)MotoRocket Wrote:  

I knew I couldn't pick my seat, but I could have sworn she told me when they emailed the information it would have the seat number on it. Well, I guess it did - whatever 2348 means. Might be the order number and they assign seats based on that number - with the lowest getting the best seats. Guessing.

I hope that's not the row number.
12-01-2017 07:42 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
(12-01-2017 07:42 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:09 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  We experienced the same confusion when we tried to initially purchase tickets thru the web site link for the MACC game. All it would do (even for $20 seats) was show numbers and not seat locations. Since we were buying 8, I didn't feel comfortable going that route and was fortunate that I live in Toledo and could go to the UT ticket office, which was much more informative & helpful (I know you didn't have that opportunity, Moto...). My guess is that since no actual sections or seat #s are visible to you, the numbers you're seeing are simply a record of number of GA tickets sold, and your actual seat will be assigned at "Will Call" when you pick it up?

03-lmfao
12-01-2017 07:53 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-01-2017 07:42 PM)SylvaniaRocket Wrote:  
(12-01-2017 11:09 AM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  We experienced the same confusion when we tried to initially purchase tickets thru the web site link for the MACC game. All it would do (even for $20 seats) was show numbers and not seat locations. Since we were buying 8, I didn't feel comfortable going that route and was fortunate that I live in Toledo and could go to the UT ticket office, which was much more informative & helpful (I know you didn't have that opportunity, Moto...). My guess is that since no actual sections or seat #s are visible to you, the numbers you're seeing are simply a record of number of GA tickets sold, and your actual seat will be assigned at "Will Call" when you pick it up?

I guess I hadn't thought about that. How deeply involved is the MAC office in setting up tickets? Now I'm worried...
12-01-2017 09:02 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
The last time Toledo played in the championship game, I figured I'd get good seats since priority was supposed to be given to season ticket holders. I hadn't been a season ticket holder for that long so I wasn't expecting 50 yardline seats, but I assumed that given the size of Ford Field, I would still be around the 40. I ended up on the 30 and when I looked at the 50 yard section there were a whole lot of people I'd never seen before. My guess is that the MAC has more to say about seating than the schools that are participating.
12-02-2017 02:03 AM
sterling1man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
16 225 fans at Ford Field for MACC game.
How many were from Toledo roughly?
12-03-2017 02:03 AM
pono Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
looked bigger than that on tv. UT side was thick with fans and spilled over into the lower end zones a bit. Akron side looked like a few thousand and a big band. all the TV crowd shots were the big UT section.
12-03-2017 04:13 AM
Advertisement

emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Our sideline.[Image: d45648987ef1694a16acc5dd1d5b6c69.jpg][Image: ae6920cd22f4000d1d161e280448397b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
[Image: 7445b5158faea3185a74ca60b2ef5cdb.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2017 07:54 AM by emanoh.)
12-03-2017 07:53 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Akron side[Image: b0a9e254b8b64ec5a478b5beb8f4663c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
12-03-2017 07:53 AM
bcunn3128 Away
Heisman

I Root For: U of Toledo
Nice pictures, Emanoh!

Was surprised to hear the attendance figure. The Toledo side was well filled in—most fun I’ve had at a football game in a while! If there were only 16,000 there then 15,000 had to be Rocket fans!
12-03-2017 09:25 AM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

If they ever want to fill the place,MAC would need to move UT to the East to set up the potential of a UT - WMU. Not sure even EMU would bring a crowd.
12-03-2017 10:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.