Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is Norvell gone?
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
Is Norvell gone?
How will the Tigers respond? those "in the know" say he is already gone...

word on the street is that he is taking much of his staff with him....

How will the players react?
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 12:24 PM by No Bull.)
11-28-2017 12:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
RE: Is Norvell gone?
you live on a silly street it seems
11-28-2017 12:31 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
Willie Taggart took over half his staff to Oregon and initially wanted them to follow him immediately, potentially leaving USF in a lurch for its bowl game. Fortunately, both sides were able to reach a compromise....like most schools do. Memphis will be fine, as will UCF who seems like they will have the same problem, as Frost is supposedly taking most of his coaches with him to Nebraska.

UCF fans will be entering the 7 stages of grief soon, much like USF fans did last year with Taggart.

Imagine how good this conference could be if we could keep our coaches. It makes you wonder why we even have contracts....since coaches can get out of them so easily. Rooting interests aside I feel almost as bad for Memphis and UCF as I did last year when Taggart left. Plus USF is not yet out of the woods with Strong. The business of college football sucks!
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 12:36 PM by CyberBull.)
11-28-2017 12:33 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2017 12:33 PM)CyberBull Wrote:  Willie Taggart took over half his staff to Oregon and initially wanted them to follow him immediately, and consequently leaving USF in a lurch for the bowl games. Fortunately, both sides were able to reach a compromise....like most schools do.

Seems like UCF will have the same problem, as Frost is supposedly taking most of his coaches with him to Nebraska. UCF will be entering the 7 stages of grief soon, much like USF fans did last year with Taggart.

Imagine how good this conference could be if we could keep our coaches. It makes you wonder why we even have contracts....since coaches can get out of them so easily. Rooting interests aside I feel almost as bad for Memphis and UCF as I did last year when Taggart left. Plus USF is not yet out of the woods with Strong.
I am not sure UCF will find a coach as good as Strong when Frost leaves.

I don't think it is super easy to win at Nebraska in the BIG 10... No one has realy won very consistently sense Osborne and Solich... Frost would do very well in the Pac 12. I hope he thinks it through... I know he is gone... but I think Nebraska is a mistake... jmo.
11-28-2017 12:37 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
When Brian Kelly left UC for ND he took about every soul...UC prepar d for the Sugar Bowl against Tim Tebow by having grad assistants and literally dads of some of the players run practices. True story. The outcome was too predictable.
11-28-2017 12:45 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2017 12:45 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  When Brian Kelly left UC for ND he took about every soul...UC prepar d for the Sugar Bowl against Tim Tebow by having grad assistants and literally dads of some of the players run practices. True story. The outcome was too predictable.

Personally... I think Brian Kelly is an overrated asshat.... totally classless for him to do this to the Bearcats.. jmo.
11-28-2017 12:58 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-28-2017 12:45 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  When Brian Kelly left UC for ND he took about every soul...UC prepar d for the Sugar Bowl against Tim Tebow by having grad assistants and literally dads of some of the players run practices. True story. The outcome was too predictable.

And Butch did the same in 2012. There were parents in the booth doing tendencies and a 23 year old GA calling plays on offense...it was laughable how bad Duke was coached to lose that game.

That happened about a month after Butch said this to the Cincinnati Enquirer when Purdue rumors starting popping up:

Quote:Jones said, "I think I've proven I want to be here. This is a very special place. We're building something special here. I ask our players to make a commitment. I need to make a commitment back.''

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...e/1754835/
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 01:02 PM by BearcatMan.)
11-28-2017 12:58 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
Why do I seem to be in the minority with giving the position to Troy Walters? The offense is what makes this team click.
11-28-2017 12:59 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(11-28-2017 12:23 PM)No Bull Wrote:  How will the Tigers respond? those "in the know" say he is already gone...

He already has a greyhound ticket out of Memphis
11-28-2017 01:08 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(11-28-2017 12:58 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

And Butch did the same in 2012. There were parents in the booth doing tendencies and a 23 year old GA calling plays on offense...it was laughable how bad Duke was coached to lose that game.

That happened about a month after Butch said this to the Cincinnati Enquirer when Purdue rumors starting popping up:

Quote:Jones said, "I think I've proven I want to be here. This is a very special place. We're building something special here. I ask our players to make a commitment. I need to make a commitment back.''

In the end, karma got that idiot Butch. Never get another P5 gig
11-28-2017 01:09 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2017 01:08 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 12:23 PM)No Bull Wrote:  How will the Tigers respond? those "in the know" say he is already gone...

Nah, Frost is picking him up in Memphis and dropping him off in Fayetteville on his way to Lincoln.
11-28-2017 01:11 PM
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(11-28-2017 01:11 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 01:08 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

Nah, Frost is picking him up in Memphis and dropping him off in Fayetteville on his way to Lincoln.

Maybe...trying to get confirmation of an Amtrack or Greyhound bus ride with Frost and Norvell.
11-28-2017 01:25 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-28-2017 01:09 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(11-28-2017 12:58 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  

In the end, karma got that idiot Butch. Never get another P5 gig

Yeah right...he'll get hired by one of the AAC teams who need a guy after this summer and end up back in the P5 by 2023. His head coaching career arc is the same as Charlie Strong, just lagging by a year.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2017 01:29 PM by BearcatMan.)
11-28-2017 01:29 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
I posted this in the Frost thread but probably more appropriate here:

According to Football Scoop, Arky's search is screwed up without an AD to lead the charge, and they may accelerate hiring an AD to take charge of the HC search.

Apparently, the Arky admin has been conducting one search and the money boosters a second one. Even setting up separate meetings with different candidates.

Most everybody still wants Malzahn if Auburn loses to Georgia Saturday. But I doubt that happens.

If not, the money guys want Norvell, and admin wants Venables or Chad Morris. But both of those are also in play for Miss State.

To be continued...

http://footballscoop.com/news/chatter-ar...vember-28/
11-28-2017 01:37 PM
willhclark Offline
1st String

I Root For: Houston Cougars
If Arkansas offers but I'm not convinced they will.
11-28-2017 01:41 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

Memphis Hall of Fame
(11-28-2017 01:41 PM)willhclark Wrote:  If Arkansas offers but I'm not convinced they will.

If Arky offers, I'm sure Norvell will go. But that question is still up in the air.
11-28-2017 02:05 PM
Advertisement

wavefan12 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulane
Unless Memphis will be facing a huge talent loss next year, I don;t see why Norvell would take the Arkansas job, it's a suicide mission.
11-28-2017 02:20 PM
cscottl1981 Online
Heisman

No Bull a closet UCF fan?
11-28-2017 02:24 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

Nice to see so many Norvell threads. UCF fans actually think we are surprised if he moves on.

Been there done that
11-28-2017 02:28 PM
M1T4 Offline
Heisman

(11-28-2017 02:20 PM)wavefan12 Wrote:  Unless Memphis will be facing a huge talent loss next year, I don;t see why Norvell would take the Arkansas job, it's a suicide mission.
If that’s his fantasy, let him live it out
11-28-2017 02:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.