Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday morning QB
Bookmark and Share
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
Monday morning QB
Why did Wilder go for it on 4th down with 3 minutes left in the half.... at the 50 yard line. The lead was not bad at the time..... we don't get it and they tack on another 7 before half-time.

What is the protocol for concussions in FBC/CUSA. Was Williams really "out" he was jumping around and looked pissed when they told him he wasn't going back in. Wasn't that before half-time? Why not evaluate him at half-time?
(This post was last modified: 11-27-2017 08:35 AM by bigblueodu.)
11-27-2017 08:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Monday morning QB
Teams should go for it on 4th down about a thousand times more than they actually do it. The math says go for it.

Im not getting into questioning the coaches decision to sit a player with a possible concussion.
11-27-2017 11:03 AM
bit_9 Offline

Ya, that's kind of silly honestly. "Meh, he looks ok. Go back out there and we'll see if you have a concussion at half."
11-27-2017 11:35 AM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

Well, going for it with 3 minutes left in the half at the 50 yard line seems like the risk/reward is out of whack.

As far as the concussion, he was walking around briskly, mad.
It's not like he was looking groggy. Just wondering what the determining factor is. .. I mean did he not know what down it was, or what day it was?

Sent from my SM-G900T using CSNbbs mobile app
11-27-2017 02:07 PM

bit_9 Offline

Shrug. I think they're very much just overly cautious now a days, right fully so. If it's head to head they have to go through the protocol.

I'm with ya on the punt though. I know statistically it makes sense to go for it but it's tough.
11-27-2017 02:11 PM
ODU_NYG Offline
All American

(11-27-2017 02:07 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Well, going for it with 3 minutes left in the half at the 50 yard line seems like the risk/reward is out of whack.

It's not like he was looking groggy. Just wondering what the determining factor is. .. I mean did he not know what down it was, or what day it was?

I am sure there is a concussion protocol like in the NFL. Maybe he didn't pass the tests given to him on the sideline?
11-27-2017 02:11 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

(11-27-2017 02:07 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  Well, going for it with 3 minutes left in the half at the 50 yard line seems like the risk/reward is out of whack.

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2017/9...onversions

FWIW, we were on the MTSU 43 yard line. Not even a difficult decision.
11-27-2017 02:18 PM

Monarchblue Offline
All American

Or what time it was?

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
11-27-2017 02:55 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

(11-27-2017 02:55 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

Or what time it was?

Well that's not a fair question now is it..... cuz we already no he can't keep time.
11-27-2017 02:59 PM
bit_9 Offline

(11-27-2017 02:59 PM)bigblueodu Wrote:  
(11-27-2017 02:55 PM)Monarchblue Wrote:  

Or what time it was?

Well that's not a fair question now is it..... cuz we already no he can't keep time.

hahaha Rimshot

I was coaching a company softball team and one of the kids on our team took a knee to the head. We asked him all sorts of questions about who is president. If he can drink alcohol. We never thought to have him solve math questions. This was years ago before we all knew better. I got a call at midnight from the kids mom (I say kid but he was 21 years old) and she was like "wtf happened?!" She said her son just showed up at home, several hours after we all left the fields, and he didn't remember going to work that morning. Didn't remember going to softball or how he got home. Huge lesson learned. He showed zero signs of anything. We had him sit on the bench the rest of the game as a precaution but you would have never known he was that severely concussed.
11-27-2017 03:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.