Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why does CUSA religiously have terrible refs??
Bookmark and Share
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Why does CUSA religiously have terrible refs??
First of all, congrats to Marshall. Your defense really impressed me. And talk about a game that had a lot of LUCKY and UNLUCKY moments. That aside, this game had more terrible officiating by CUSA refs on both sides. Does CUSA get reject refs from all other conferences because it sure does seem like it. 99% of the times DBs break up a pass they do the arm wave thing, the "no good fg signal". I've watched a LOT of football and refs NEVER throw a flag for that...yet at the most crucial time of a game refs throw a flag for it. Absolutely ridiculous. The late hit on a kick off earlier in the game was terrible too. I just don't understand how CUSA continuously has horrible officiating. /rant over
11-25-2017 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: Why does CUSA religiously have terrible refs??
(11-25-2017 07:59 PM)TTT Wrote:  First of all, congrats to Marshall. Your defense really impressed me. And talk about a game that had a lot of LUCKY and UNLUCKY moments. That aside, this game had more terrible officiating by CUSA refs on both sides. Does CUSA get reject refs from all other conferences because it sure does seem like it. 99% of the times DBs break up a pass they do the arm wave thing, the "no good fg signal". I've watched a LOT of football and refs NEVER throw a flag for that...yet at the most crucial time of a game refs throw a flag for it. Absolutely ridiculous. The late hit on a kick off earlier in the game was terrible too. I just don't understand how CUSA continuously has horrible officiating. /rant over

They said the flag was for staring him down in an unsportsmanlike way. But, yeah, the refs are consistently bad in every game for both sides. I think in intraconference matches they don't know who to screw so they screw everyone. In OOC, they just go ahead and screw CUSA teams.
11-25-2017 09:22 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Yes! We're all witnesses! I guarantee you, every C-USA sports fan has at least one story to tell about the officials in our league.
11-25-2017 10:26 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
I think it's stated in the CUSA handbook, that all CUSA teams are required to have the worst game officials in America. You should have seen how LA Tech got jobbed at UAB earlier this season.....03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 11:20 PM by HogDawg.)
11-25-2017 11:19 PM
Advertisement

IceJus10 Offline
All American

I Root For: Sports
The better refs go to the better conferences.
11-26-2017 02:58 AM
Theflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
Exactly... the better the conference, the better the refs (in theory). It’s like a JV/V high school doubleheader in basketball. Bad refs jv, good refs varsity.
11-26-2017 08:57 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
Do the “better” conferences pay better? What does an AAC ref make compared to a CUSA or MAC ref?
11-26-2017 09:03 AM
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
(11-26-2017 09:03 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Do the “better” conferences pay better? What does an AAC ref make compared to a CUSA or MAC ref?

I honestly thought they were all in one big pool now and served regionally throughout all conferences, except OOC they travel outside regions to even up the homefield advantages. But it usually ends up they're protecting themselves from a mob lynching by shitting on us.
11-26-2017 09:49 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-26-2017 02:58 AM)IceJus10 Wrote:  The better refs go to the better conferences.

#bingo

IMO, the more serious issue is the person at the helm of cusa......I think I saw her riding a minibike yesterday......she must've gotten tired of.....

[Image: sky2793lrg-1_9c314a76-2dc5-4deb-adca-0ba...1511466225]
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 09:58 AM by stinkfist.)
11-26-2017 09:57 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Its in every conference. Check out the last play of the Tulane vs SMU game. Those guys blew the TD call even with replay. Pathetic.
11-26-2017 12:34 PM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Saw that^. Sucks for Toooolame.
11-26-2017 12:36 PM
FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
C-USA had 7 white hats that worked every single conference game. Some conferences trade out, but not C-USA.
11-26-2017 02:37 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-26-2017 02:37 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  C-USA had 7 white hats that worked every single conference game. Some conferences trade out, but not C-USA.

when the going rate is 12/hr, that's hardly surprising 03-wink

the bottom line, is they're inconsistent.....

our game yesterday was a ref joke festival (both teams suffered those consequences)......and I normally don't bash the refs.....

it simply becomes annoying when the rules are in black and white and those in the same garb aren't consistent from week to week how they call the games.....that's an administrative issue that should be addressed.......

how that can be accomplished with a woman at the helm of our conference is beyond my ability to comprehend (there's no question I'll get bashed once again for that comment......piss on 'em)

04-cheers
11-26-2017 02:46 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(11-26-2017 09:03 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  Do the “better” conferences pay better? What does an AAC ref make compared to a CUSA or MAC ref?

They all make about the same money. A college referee job pays between $1,800 and $2,100 per game, and the referee's hotel and air travel expenses must come out of that amount each week. One of my direct employees is in his first year as a video replay official for the Big XII. He just moved to the video position after spending 20 years as a "white hat" college referee for the Big XII, SEC, AAC and CUSA. (He was the "white hat" referee for LA Tech vs UMASS game in 2016 in Foxboro.) His current crew works games for multiple conferences, depending on schedules, including the Big XII, the MWC, the AAC and the Southland. Yes, the Southland.
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 04:43 PM by HogDawg.)
11-26-2017 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.