Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Coach Ken whines about the refs
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
Coach Ken whines about the refs
like a message board poster.

Note to Coach Ken: Every coach every week submits calls to the league office for review. Every coach hears back that some of those calls were blown.

You know why? Because refs are human. They make mistakes.

I held Coach Ken in very high regard. Reading this article took him down a notch in my eyes.
11-25-2017 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
RE: Coach Ken whines about the refs
Good to hear. Someone needs to do something about all the cheating in this conference.
11-25-2017 03:18 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
TOLD YOU!
11-25-2017 03:32 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(11-25-2017 03:13 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  like a message board poster.

Note to Coach Ken: Every coach every week submits calls to the league office for review. Every coach hears back that some of those calls were blown.

I held Coach Ken in very high regard. Reading this article took him down a notch in my eyes.

Let's see, Coach Niumat has been a head coach for ten years - one of the most successful in the country in that time. Before that he was a coordinator for almost as long. Before joining this conference, Navy used ACC refs. Because of Navy's scheduling as an independent, he has seen ALL the major conference's refs.
He's more qualified than any of the near-rookie coaches in this league to render judgments like this. He is voicing a long-developing frustration (and acknowledging that he will likely get reprimanded by the conference).

But your opinion is lessened.

Ha ha ha ha. Whatever.
You're a pathetic loser.
11-25-2017 06:10 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2017 03:13 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  like a message board poster.

From the article:
Quote:Too many times this season, American Coordinator of Officiating Terry McAulay has informed Niumatalolo that certain calls were wrong or that non-calls should have been made. It happened last week and will likely happen again this week.

Quote:Navy sent in several plays to the AAC office for review following last Saturday’s loss to Notre Dame. McAulay reported back that Niumatalolo and staff were correct in their assessment about what should or should not have been called on each.

“Terry tells me on Monday that they’re wrong. Last week, I turned in three calls and on all three of them we were right,” Niumatalolo said. “I’m tired of getting the thing on Monday saying we were right. That doesn’t do us any good.”

So the fact that KN is right doesn't bother you? If a call is wrong, the call is wrong.
11-25-2017 06:15 PM
Attackcoog Offline

He should tread carefully. Navy could easily be called for chop blocks on a ton of thier plays. I watched Oliver pretty closely yesterday and it was happening to him on a regular basis but was only called once. I’m sure he wasn’t the only lineman that ate a chop block. That said, I kinda agree with him. I think our officiating sucks. Very inconsistent.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 06:29 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-25-2017 06:23 PM
Advertisement

NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2017 06:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  He should tread carefully. Navy could easily be called for chop blocks on probably 50% of thier plays. I watched Iver pretty closely yesterday and it was happening to him on a regular basis but was only called once.

"tread carefully"? You mean about being right about numerous calls being wrong against us and the head official eventually agreeing with him when it is too late? Yeah, be careful about being correct.

Chop blocks require 2 players, are illegal, & get called. Cut blocks are legal blocks that every team uses.

When only one blocker engages a defender, you can't get called for a chop block & it doesn't happen very often.
11-25-2017 06:27 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

I have no problem with this...as long as he includes all the chop blocks and holds by his OL that routinely go uncalled.
11-25-2017 06:30 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2017 06:30 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  I have no problem with this...as long as he includes all the chop blocks and holds by his OL that routinely go uncalled.

He did. Chop blocks are called closely. Cut blocks are legal and every team uses them.
11-25-2017 06:34 PM
coogrfan Offline
All American

(11-25-2017 06:34 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 06:30 PM)coogrfan Wrote:  I have no problem with this...as long as he includes all the chop blocks and holds by his OL that routinely go uncalled.

He did. Chop blocks are called closely. Cut blocks are legal and every team uses them.

Then I meant what I said. It Coach N's job to look out for his kids.
11-25-2017 06:42 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Navy chop blocks with the best of em...
11-25-2017 06:49 PM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

not like navy... i didnt realize it till i watched navy replay...your guy purposely runs and dives regardless of who is in front, or who's knees are there

i didnt realize how often till i noticed it early in our game, it happens EVERY play...
the lack of chop blocking calls on navy is crazy...chop blocking doesnt have to be planned, if a player is engaged at all with any offense player, any cut block is now a chop block, and navy cut blocks numerous defenders at once, to say all are never engage is naive

and it isnt closed close AT ALL.. you get 1 of those calls every 3 games
11-25-2017 06:50 PM
CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 06:15 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  So the fact that KN is right doesn't bother you? If a call is wrong, the call is wrong.

[Image: 9c9.gif]
11-25-2017 06:57 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(11-25-2017 06:27 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 06:23 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  He should tread carefully. Navy could easily be called for chop blocks on probably 50% of thier plays. I watched Iver pretty closely yesterday and it was happening to him on a regular basis but was only called once.

"tread carefully"? You mean about being right about numerous calls being wrong against us and the head official eventually agreeing with him when it is too late? Yeah, be careful about being correct.

Chop blocks require 2 players, are illegal, & get called. Cut blocks are legal blocks that every team uses.

When only one blocker engages a defender, you can't get called for a chop block & it doesn't happen very often.

I know what a chop block is and it happens quite often in your offense if you really look for it. The game is available on demand at ESPN3. Go watch Oliver. He is engaged and hit low by a second player NUMEROUS times. On the one play that it was actually called—Three players actually are engageed with him—2 high and one low. For some reason it’s just not looked for. It’s kinda like the illegal lineman downfield penalty could be called waaay more often than it is. Same with illegal picks and screens. Almost every bubble screen is effeectivley offensive pass interference because recicers are blocking defensive backs while the ball is in the air.

I also didn’t say he was wrong. What I said was plenty of things that were not called that helped Navy. Applewhite is going to be right when he sends in a crap load of Navy chop blocks that were not called. Won’t make any difference in the game that’s already been played and doesn’t seem to make the officiating any better.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 07:14 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-25-2017 07:00 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

If only the other noob coaches in the conference would get in the ref's ear early, and the refs would say close attention to chop blocks. Oh wait they do. Navy's blocking is watched more closely than anyone's. The result is "phantom calls" - that's national announcers saying that on more than Navy posters.

But you keyboard kommandoes are out here bloviating.

That's why the op is such a joke. Every one of you whines unfoundedly but you losers question the best coach in this conference?!
11-25-2017 07:04 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2017 06:50 PM)pesik Wrote:  

not like navy... i didnt realize it till i watched navy replay...your guy purposely runs and dives regardless of who is in front, or who's knees are there

i didnt realize how often till i noticed it early in our game, it happens EVERY play...
the lack of chop blocking calls on navy is crazy...{1} chop blocking doesnt have to be planned, {2} if a player is engaged at all with any offense player, any cut block is now a chop block, and {3} navy cut blocks numerous defenders at once, to say all are never engage is naive

and it isnt closed close AT ALL.. you get 1 of those calls every 3 games

1. Chop blocking is never planned any more than a hold is planned.

2. Agreed, chop block requires 2 blockers on 1 defender

3. Agreed. Cut blocking is legal. Every team uses the cut block technique. We cut block several defensive players every offensive play.
11-25-2017 07:05 PM
Advertisement

CougarRed Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-25-2017 07:04 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  That's why the op is such a joke. Every one of you whines unfoundedly but you losers question the best coach in this conference?!

Yep. We are a bunch of whining losers. And apparently, so is Coach Ken.

PS The targeting call was ABSOLUTELY correct.
11-25-2017 07:10 PM
NavyHusker Offline
2nd String

(11-25-2017 07:10 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 07:04 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  That's why the op is such a joke. Every one of you whines unfoundedly but you losers question the best coach in this conference?!

Agreed. The difference is that KN is correct & you are not.
11-25-2017 07:15 PM
Attackcoog Offline

(11-25-2017 07:15 PM)NavyHusker Wrote:  
(11-25-2017 07:10 PM)CougarRed Wrote:  

Agreed. The difference is that KN is correct & you are not.

What’s with all the sniveling. Are you really suggesting Navy is the only team hurt by bad calls? Grow up. Applewhite will be just as correct when he sends in his reel full of chop blocks. Like I said, the game is available on ESPN3. Anyone who wants to see it themselves can. Frnkky, I agree with your coach. I think our officiating sucks—but I’m not stupid enough to think it doesn’t affect all teams generally equally.
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 07:22 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-25-2017 07:18 PM
pesik Offline
Legend

but on a serious note, why is coach ken complaining about a targeting call that injured a player badly?

really, even if he was correct, and he hit his shoulder first (which isnt accurate) ..he definitely launched and speared with his helmet...the whole point of the rule is to remove dangerous forms of tackling...
saying he hit his shoulder first

1:07:50 is the targeting call
he definitely spears, he definitely hit his helmet (hitting the shoulder first isnt an argument against targeting), he definitely injures him doesn't change the fact it was bad/dangerous tackling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRGPwJlarIs

seems like a bad call to complain about....also coach brown, and even better coach than ken, thinks it was targeting
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2017 07:22 PM by pesik.)
11-25-2017 07:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.