Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

A question
nobledictator1278 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU Baby
A question
I don't pretend to understand how all of this works with the universities...but I do know that FB is a big deal for Greenville, NC and brings alot of money and business into the city. I assume that there are many schools in the G5 that this is vital too. My question is if the G5 could become a coherent singular voice, could we sue the NCAA?

First and foremost I am not advocating suing anyone and I hate frivolous lawsuits in general. However there are a few things I wonder if the G5 couldn't do better in court with than we currently are.

The first thing is what if the P5 does separate and form a new league excluding all these schools, making the stadiums they built, the economy the sport brings, etc completely neutered?

Second it is completely clear that half of NCAA schools are excluded from being able to be crowned champion.

Finally, these conferences are making a ton of money from TV revenue that seems like it should be split among all FB playing members. (with that said I think I remember reading that this has been to court before and the judge ruled in favor of not having NCAA be able to sell all the games in one package) but maybe this can be reviewed given the huge amount of dough and disparity in the NCAA.

So could the G5 if backed into a corner theoretically fight back, and if so would they have a legit chance of winning or at least scaring the bejesus out of the "power" schools so that they settle.
11-25-2017 04:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

nobledictator1278 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU Baby
RE: A question
So I know this is my post...and its usually taboo to do this....I won't do it again if no response....but I was really curious legitly if anyone knows if its a plausible play or not.
11-25-2017 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
RE: A question
A couple of things: First, as much as I would love to see the AAC and the G4 conferences make a power play to be included in the current CFP, I don't think any conference commissioner has the balls to challenge the autonomy of the so-called P5 in court, not even Aresco. (Though that would be awesome if he led the charge, as he should.) The thing is the NCAA isn't even in charge of the CFP, if I remember correctly. That's the underlying problem. We need to get them to have a playoff system that is backed by them. Then and only then will it be more fair, I think.

Second, "legitly" is not a word. It's legitimately.

This has been "Words with GeminiCoog". Thanks for reading.

(Sorry, man. Had to do it. Don't take it personally.)
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 02:19 AM by GeminiCoog.)
11-26-2017 02:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.