Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OOC
Bookmark and Share
kmdhoya Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
OOC
The Big East is off to a 34-7 record going into Thanksgiving. Five of the seven losses were to ranked teams (Notre Dame, Purdue, Baylor, Minnesota and Wichita State). The other two losses are to Maryland and Illinois. No bad losses so far.
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2017 11:46 AM by kmdhoya.)
11-23-2017 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: College Sports
RE: OOC
yeah very true.

today is a really big day....
Nova gets Tennessee in the "winners bracket" in atlantis. kind of crazy that tourney with 3/4 upsets.
St John's gets Oregon St
Xavier gets GW
Seton Hall gets Rhode Island
DePaul gets Michigan St(ouch)

but the huge one is Butler/Texas. Win and Butler gets Duke and then Florida or Gonzaga most likely. Lose and Butler gets Portland St and then Stanford/Ohio St most likely. You talk about a difference in SOS- that's just huge.
11-23-2017 11:16 AM
kmdhoya Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgetown
Seton Hall had some solid wins this week against Texas Tech (#22) and Louisville (#17).
Xavier with a victory over Cincinnati (#11).

Creighton lost at Gonzaga (#15). Villanova plays Gonzaga on Tuesday (12/5). Should be a great game.

Butler followed up it's impressive comeback win over Ohio State with a 30 point win over Saint Louis. Next up is Utah on Tuesday (12/5).
12-03-2017 11:30 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

really so far this year what's the Big East's great OOC wins?
Nova over Tennessee
Xavier over 3-5 Wisconsin, Baylor(who lost back to back games), Cincy(who hasn't beaten anyone)
Seton Hall over 4-4 Indiana, 3-5 Vandy, Texas Tech, Louisville(who lost back to back games and hasn't beaten anyone yet like Cincy)
Creighton- over 5-4 Northwestern, UCLA(best win vs Wisconsin)
Providence- over Washington and Boston College
St John's over Nebraska and Oregon St
Butler over Ohio St
Marquette over LSU
Georgetown and DePaul with nothing yet

very underwhelming so far.

right now best wins of the year for Xavier and St John's are AAC teams. If PC can beat Houston- that'd be 3.
12-04-2017 09:14 AM

johnbragg Offline

I Root For: St Johns
(12-04-2017 09:14 AM)stever20 Wrote:  really so far this year what's the Big East's great OOC wins?
Nova over Tennessee
Xavier over 3-5 Wisconsin, Baylor(who lost back to back games), Cincy(who hasn't beaten anyone)
Seton Hall over 4-4 Indiana, 3-5 Vandy, Texas Tech, Louisville(who lost back to back games and hasn't beaten anyone yet like Cincy)
Butler over Ohio St
Marquette over LSU

right now best wins of the year for Xavier and St John's are AAC teams. If PC can beat Houston- that'd be 3.

Jeez, Steve. It's early in the season. ANYONE you've beaten isn't going to look like a big win at this point. Cincy hasn't beaten anyone--because it's the beginning of December.

I can see saying "it's early in the season--these wins might not look so good in March." But right now, they look just fine.

You're making the McKayla Maroney face because we haven't won anything yet in the NCAAs this year.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2017 09:04 AM by johnbragg.)
12-05-2017 09:03 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

(12-05-2017 09:03 AM)johnbragg Wrote:  
(12-04-2017 09:14 AM)stever20 Wrote:  really so far this year what's the Big East's great OOC wins?
Nova over Tennessee
Butler over Ohio St
Marquette over LSU

Jeez, Steve. It's early in the season. ANYONE you've beaten isn't going to look like a big win at this point. Cincy hasn't beaten anyone--because it's the beginning of December.

I can see saying "it's early in the season--these wins might not look so good in March." But right now, they look just fine.

You're making the McKayla Maroney face because we haven't won anything yet in the NCAAs this year.

really though outside of maybe Baylor, Louisville, Cincy, and Texas Tech- what's the big wins? You say it's early but are you really counting on Indiana to be a quality win? Or Wisconsin even? Or Ohio St, Boston College? You can generally tell what'll be a good win even by now.
12-05-2017 09:36 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

Here's all the Ken Pom top 100 wins right now for the Big East:
#9 Cincy (X)
#18 Texas Tech (SH)
#24 Tennessee (V)
#25 Baylor (X)
#27 Louisville (SH)
#43 UCLA ©
#45 Wisconsin (X)
#56 Northwestern ©
#59 Ohio St(But)
#68 Vanderbilt (SH)
#72 UCF (SJ)
#79 Indiana (SH)
#85 VCU (Marq)
#87 No Iowa (V)
#94 LSU (Marq)
#98 Boston College (PC)

7 top 50 wins.

To put in comparison, the AAC that all Big East fans despise has 8 top 50 wins currently(and #51).

And the other point is that the Big East only has left 15 OOC games vs top 100 teams.
12-05-2017 09:58 AM

billyjack Offline
1st String

I Root For: Providence
Lol at the circular argument when downplaying wins over Baylor and Louisville. They "lost back to back games" because in each case one of the losses was to a Big East team. Otherwise each team would be 6-1 with losses to ranked teams.

Like saying "the Yankees got lucky cuz they played the Indians, who finished the playoffs with 3 straight losses."
12-05-2017 12:14 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

Baylor I'll give you.

Louisville though is 4-2 with absolutely no even decent wins. There's absolutely a big question regarding them right now.

If you really think the OOC schedule has been great, more power to you. 7-11 vs current Ken Pom top 50 teams(and a loss vs #51 as well). Outside of Cincy not even 1 win in the group that you can say with any sort of certainty will be a top 25 win end of the season.
12-05-2017 12:38 PM
stever20 Offline
Legend

well Gonzaga probably the best win of the OOC so far I think. Yes, even better than Cincy.
12-05-2017 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2018 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.