Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aresco Interview on "Knightline"-- Blasts Selection Committee
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
https://soundcloud.com/knightline-podcas...ike-aresco

Says he has been waiting 5 years for the War on I4 to be a huge game. Says it the only "real deal" as far as AAC rivalries go.

Doesnt think the extra few days USF got to prepare due to playing on Saturday is a big issue. Said they tried to offset it some by making sure UCF played an early Sat game. Said we have a certain number of Thursday games to provide so its unavoidable.

Rankings--Agree's that UCF isnt getting it due. Said he programmed the P5 for years, so he knows UCF fits. Says just look at the number of players we are sending to the NFL. The committee needs to recognize that quality. Was stunned to see a 3-loss team that struggled against UMass and Arkansas ahead of UCF. Talked about the big wins the AAC has had in the last few years. Talks about how Navy almost beat Notre Dame last week--but UCF isnt given much credit for that win. Wants to know when the committee is going to give the league credit for its level of play. He was pretty wound up on this topic and spoke at length about it. Talked about USF not being ranked.

When asked what would it take for us to be in the playoff--said it would almost take a "perfect storm". Said 2016 might have been that situation for Houston if they had been undefeated. Says we' have to be undefeated. Says the odds are long.

Says he is becoming more aggressive on this issue now that we have built a resume as a quality conference. We have largely separated ourselves from the rest of the G5 due to our record against the rest of the G5 and our performance against the P5 (mostly on the road). We want the P6 campaign to push the narrative we deserve to be viewed as seperate from the G5. Very important we get a guaranteed contract bowl. Want to find a legislative way to get in the autonomous conference. Want to find a way to get a contract bowl when the CFP is renegotiated.

Not much we can do about coaches using AAC jobs as stepping stones due to the financial disadvantage. Believes some of that will be fixed by a better tv deal. Thinks coaches could build dynasties in the AAC if they choose to stay. Doesnt blame the coaches. Hope we continue to bring in great new up and coming replacments. Important that we continue building programs.

Streaming--Have a relationship with the Silicon Valley companies. Trying to get them interested in the AAC. Amazon is interested in our digital network. Believes we are the only conference offering this level of football quality coming up for renewal anytime soon and doesnt believe we are being paid what we are worth. Doesnt want to poke ESPN in the eye as they have been a good broadcast partner.
11-22-2017 07:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

I Root For: San Diego State
RE: Aresco Interview on "Knightline"-- Blasts Selection Committee
Lot of bluster from Aresco as usual. He is fighting an up hill battle. Not sure there is anything he can do, but I do think this, combined with a USF win, ensures they will be ranked.

Interesting that he is talking about streaming options. Many laughed here, when the Mw mentioned that.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 08:00 PM by fanhood.)
11-22-2017 07:55 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
(11-22-2017 07:55 PM)fanhood Wrote:  Lot of bluster from Aresco as usual. He is fighting an up hill battle. Not sure there is anything he can do, but I do think this, combined with a USF win, ensures they will be ranked.

Interesting that he is talking about streaming options. Many laughed here, when the Mw mentioned that.

no

we mean Amazon legit streaming

we laughed at the mw because u guys are doing facebook...we laughed at facebook streaming
11-22-2017 08:03 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
(11-22-2017 08:03 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 07:55 PM)fanhood Wrote:  Lot of bluster from Aresco as usual. He is fighting an up hill battle. Not sure there is anything he can do, but I do think this, combined with a USF win, ensures they will be ranked.

no

we laughed at the mw because u guys are doing facebook...we laughed at facebook streaming

MWC is using MySpace not Facebook
11-22-2017 08:19 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(11-22-2017 08:19 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  

no

MWC is using MySpace not Facebook

even better lulz
11-22-2017 08:21 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
Mwc uses pigeons for score updates
11-22-2017 08:44 PM
Advertisement

fanhood Offline
All American

no

Ha.
11-22-2017 08:45 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston

lol...its getting almost funny how you always try put a negative twist on most anything AAC. Aresco didnt just start talking about streaming options--he was specifically asked to discuss possible options involving streamers "like Netflix and Amazon" (btw-anyone with any knowledge knows Netflix is not interested in live sports). I would also add, in those comments, Aresco specifically said Amazon was interested in the "AAC Digital Network" (which carries no football or mens basketball games). He also made it pretty clear, he has other preferences. Taken as whole----These comments were miles and miles from Thompson's quotes specifically stating the MW was meeting to seriously discuss going all digital on the MW Digital Network.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2017 09:33 PM by Attackcoog.)
11-22-2017 09:25 PM
BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
(11-22-2017 08:44 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Mwc uses pigeons for score updates

LOL... I literally spilled my drink when I read this ^^^

Nice 03-lmfao 04-cheers
11-22-2017 09:54 PM
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
The point should be made that in 2017 we are all still paying for Judy Genshaft destroying the Big East.
11-22-2017 10:19 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(11-22-2017 10:19 PM)st932253 Wrote:  The point should be made that in 2017 we are all still paying for Judy Genshaft destroying the Big East.

Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Syracuse killed the BigEast b/c they advised the Conference to reject ESPN's $10-million/team offer, while secretly negotiating with the ACC to jump ship.

Gensgphaft was doing everything possible to keep the conference together b/c she along with UC and UCONN knew that they wouldn't have many BCS conference options if the BE fell apart. That is why Villanova became a candidate b/c both the football and hoops schools were seemingly on board the hoops schools didnt want a football school to skew the power balance away from the non-football schools. The bottom line is that the original BE schools wanted out and did. It want to add any football schools.

However, feel free to make up whatever narrative makes you feel better.
11-23-2017 12:22 AM
Advertisement

Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
(11-23-2017 12:22 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  
(11-22-2017 10:19 PM)st932253 Wrote:  The point should be made that in 2017 we are all still paying for Judy Genshaft destroying the Big East.

Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Syracuse killed the BigEast b/c they advised the Conference to reject ESPN's $10-million/team offer, while secretly negotiating with the ACC to jump ship.

Gensgphaft was doing everything possible to keep the conference together b/c she along with UC and UCONN knew that they wouldn't have many BCS conference options if the BE fell apart. That is why Villanova became a candidate b/c both the football and hoops schools were seemingly on board the hoops schools didnt want a football school to skew the power balance away from the non-football schools. The bottom line is that the original BE schools wanted out and did. It want to add any football schools.

However, feel free to make up whatever narrative makes you feel better.

We already have, it's called the truth....07-coffee3
11-23-2017 02:58 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU

You saying anyone has lots of bluster is priceless.
11-23-2017 03:33 AM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
He sounds very fired up. Good, he has been very patient imo with the powers that be. The Cfp made a very bad ranking decision and hopefully the backlash works toward our advantage.
11-23-2017 03:45 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

(11-22-2017 08:44 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  Mwc uses pigeons for score updates

03-lmfao
11-23-2017 06:18 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

How did the USF president destroy the Big East? Adding schools, and the empty promise of an increased TV contract killed the Big East. Why is Judy blamed?
11-23-2017 06:46 AM
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida

Yes, its called a commissioner actually doing his job and trying to pump up the conference. I know its strange to a member of the G4 conference where you don't hear a peep out of their commissioner.

3-2-1 until our resident 07-coffee3 stops by to give his take on Aresco's salary 03-puke
11-23-2017 06:47 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(11-23-2017 12:22 AM)CyberBull Wrote:  Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Syracuse killed the BigEast b/c they advised the Conference to reject ESPN's $10-million/team offer, while secretly negotiating with the ACC to jump ship.

I don't know about the rest of your post but I agree with this. And I think ESPN was the driving force.
11-23-2017 06:57 AM
fanhood Offline
All American

(11-23-2017 06:47 AM)otown Wrote:  

Yes, its called a commissioner actually doing his job and trying to pump up the conference. I know its strange to a member of the G4 conference where you don't hear a peep out of their commissioner.

3-2-1 until our resident 07-coffee3 stops by to give his take on Aresco's salary 03-puke

In fairness to whoever you are referencing if, Aresco makes about as much as each school does right?
11-23-2017 06:59 AM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(11-23-2017 06:59 AM)fanhood Wrote:  
(11-23-2017 06:47 AM)otown Wrote:  

In fairness to whoever you are referencing if, Aresco makes about as much as each school does right?
False.
11-23-2017 08:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.