Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Charles Manson dead. How did he live to 83 in prison w/ a swastika between his eyes?
Bookmark and Share
TIGERCITY Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Charles Manson dead. How did he live to 83 in prison w/ a swastika between his eyes?
Anyone with prison experience here? I figured he would have gone down through some violent act way before now.
11-20-2017 08:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

RE: Charles Manson dead. How did he live to 83 in prison w/ a swastika between his eyes?
I don't think tipwal post here any more
11-20-2017 08:40 AM
memphistiger89 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Charles Manson dead. How did he live to 83 in prison w/ a swastika between his eyes?
I don't have "prison experience" but I'm guessing they kept this guy away from the general population.
11-20-2017 09:37 AM
bbqtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of M always
NTR
11-20-2017 09:45 AM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

White supremacy has a pretty strong presence in most prisons as wells...
11-20-2017 09:46 AM
Advertisement

tiger86 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-20-2017 09:46 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  White supremacy has a pretty strong presence in most prisons as wells...

How is that? African Americans make up 14% of the US population and about 80% of the prison population (BS by the way).
11-20-2017 09:58 AM
southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
Good riddance to that F'er. He should have been executed a long time ago.
11-20-2017 10:20 AM
truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis tigers
He's telling the truth, the Aryan Brotherhood is strong on most prison yards. I know several guys that have spent time in Federal prison, the stories I've been told are something, those guys are very inventive, let me change that, convicts are, mostly old school guys, but inmates, the younger guys, are a totally different breed.
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2017 10:28 AM by truest blue tiger.)
11-20-2017 10:20 AM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

He was held in protective custody the whole time so no one could get to him.

True story--I was in downtown Los Angeles in 1971 waiting for a bus. Two women dressed in all-black were crawling down the sidewalk at the corner on their hands and knees. Some court proceeding involving Manson was going on at the courthouse at the time, and it turned out these were family members, one of whom was Squeaky Fromme who tried to assassinate Ford. They grinned at me and kept on crawling up the street. No one paid them any attention.
11-20-2017 10:52 AM
Advertisement

eltigre Offline
Chief Headknocker

I Root For: Throat Punches
(11-20-2017 09:46 AM)Tygrys Wrote:  White supremacy has a pretty strong presence in most prisons as wells...

Very true. As TBT pointed out there is the Aryan brotherhood and one that started in Alabama prisons is the Southern Brotherhood. They are a mean breed.
11-20-2017 11:13 AM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Is this an honest question?
11-20-2017 12:06 PM
Tygrys Offline
Heisman

(11-20-2017 09:58 AM)tiger86 Wrote:  

How is that? African Americans make up 14% of the US population and about 80% of the prison population (BS by the way).

I have no interest in turning this into a racial conversation. Simply pick any prison documentary and you will see. Nat Geo or one of those channels have one on at pretty much any time throughout the day...
11-20-2017 12:15 PM
msu65 Offline
Blue To The Core

He survived being set on fire once with lighter fluid according to news reports the other day. However, he has been in solitary confinement with little access to the population
11-20-2017 12:59 PM
Advertisement

jamammy Offline
Heisman

Charles Manson is like low man on the totem pole when it comes to being dangerous and killing and all that.

Dude weighs like 95 pounds and his posse was similarly sized women.

No offense to women but there wasn't just a whole lot to be afraid of.

I am willing to bet that someone somewhere in the country was more dangerous or killed more people every single year since he was arrested.

Think of all the money the prison system spent on Manson.

Just silly when you think about it.

I wonder if he ever got royalties off "Why don't we do it in the road?"
11-20-2017 03:08 PM
TigerBill Offline
Imperator Optimus Maximus

I Root For: Liberation

Donators
(11-20-2017 03:08 PM)jamammy Wrote:  Charles Manson is like low man on the totem pole when it comes to being dangerous and killing and all that.

Dude weighs like 95 pounds and his posse was similarly sized women.

No offense to women but there wasn't just a whole lot to be afraid of.

I am willing to bet that someone somewhere in the country was more dangerous or killed more people every single year since he was arrested.

Think of all the money the prison system spent on Manson.

Just silly when you think about it.

I wonder if he ever got royalties off "Why don't we do it in the road?"

There is reasonable evidence that H.H. Holmes was Jack the Ripper. Even if he wasn't, he was a monster. Manson was an amateur in comparison.

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-librar...hh-holmes/
11-20-2017 06:04 PM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
(11-20-2017 09:58 AM)tiger86 Wrote:  

That’s racist bs...try 40%

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/reports/rates.html
11-21-2017 03:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Either way, thinking that the Aryan Nation isn't a huge force in the prison population is dumb AF.
11-21-2017 10:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.