Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Crap - Coming to terms sucks. Regarding T Harris
Bookmark and Share
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Crap - Coming to terms sucks. Regarding T Harris
I really want to see Coach Smith be successful. I feel he is an amazing basketball coach. Wanted to see him have a swan song taking the Tigers back to NCAA prominence.

Lomax going to Wichita was OK

Harris not signing immediately after the Lomax signing is REALLY concerning. It should have been a domino effect.

At this point, I don’t see Coach Smith being the coach we need.

That said, I’ll always have high respect for him and he is definitely a Hall of Fame coach due to his achievements and the fact he’s always played by the rules.
11-17-2017 10:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jsw3ent Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis
RE: Crap - Coming to terms sucks. Regarding T Harris
A man that refuses to put in the effort to honor his contract. A man that is derelict of duty. A man that his colleagues consider lazy . A man that is taking the city for a ride. A man that tells the city to lower expectations . A man that recruits and families of recruits say that they hardly ever hear from him. A man that left his assistant coach ( in front of his 2 sons ) behind at a hotel. A man that refuses to put forth the effort to actually form the best possible team (by refusing to work/recruit ). Yeah--a man with that kind of character --a man with that kind of honor---deserves high praise from the entire city---we should give him the key to the city. Heck maybe buy him or name a golf course after him.
11-17-2017 11:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerTodd72 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
Not being able to sign a 3-star kid out of Memphis who ranks on the back end of the top 100, when we're not even having to fight off Kentucky, Duke, or ANY top D-1 program for him, is unheard of in my lifetime as a Tiger fan.
11-18-2017 09:00 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(11-18-2017 09:00 AM)TigerTodd72 Wrote:  Not being able to sign a 3-star kid out of Memphis who ranks on the back end of the top 100, when we're not even having to fight off Kentucky, Duke, or ANY top D-1 program for him, is unheard of in my lifetime as a Tiger fan.

Until now.
11-19-2017 11:45 PM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-17-2017 10:19 PM)Nobody4Prez Wrote:  I really want to see Coach Smith be successful. I feel he is an amazing basketball coach. Wanted to see him have a swan song taking the Tigers back to NCAA prominence.

Harris not signing immediately after the Lomax signing is REALLY concerning. It should have been a domino effect.

That said, I’ll always have high respect for him and he is definitely a Hall of Fame coach due to his achievements and the fact he’s always played by the rules.

I wasn't really happy with the Tub hire. A friend was really happy, he told me what a great coach he was. I agreed with him on that aspect. I even said, well one thing we know is the team will always be playing better at the end of the season than at the beginning. Then I started looking more closely. The truth is, the Tub teams always seem to fall apart at the end of the season. I think the whole myth of the Tub coaching them up is just that, a myth.

Then you have player development. When was the last time the Tub took one of his low ranked players and developed them into an NBA player? You have to go way back since the Tub actually had someone leave his school and go to the NBA. The whole player development seems to be a myth as well.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2017 11:54 PM by memtigbb.)
11-19-2017 11:53 PM
TigerBo Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(11-19-2017 11:53 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 10:19 PM)Nobody4Prez Wrote:  I really want to see Coach Smith be successful. I feel he is an amazing basketball coach. Wanted to see him have a swan song taking the Tigers back to NCAA prominence.

I wasn't really happy with the Tub hire. A friend was really happy, he told me what a great coach he was. I agreed with him on that aspect. I even said, well one thing we know is the team will always be playing better at the end of the season than at the beginning. Then I started looking more closely. The truth is, the Tub teams always seem to fall apart at the end of the season. I think the whole myth of the Tub coaching them up is just that, a myth.

Then you have player development. When was the last time the Tub took one of his low ranked players and developed them into an NBA player? You have to go way back since the Tub actually had someone leave his school and go to the NBA. The whole player development seems to be a myth as well.

The Pooch got it's brains screwed out on this hire...
11-20-2017 09:55 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It’s a process.

Trust the process.

GTG!
11-21-2017 09:24 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(11-21-2017 09:24 AM)TG4 Wrote:  It’s a process.

Trust the process.

GTG!

Have you seen your pooch lately?

lol
11-21-2017 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.