Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Danica to retire
Bookmark and Share
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Danica to retire
Says she had decided to retire after next year's Daytona 500 and Indy 500.

Could be her decision or could be the fact that she is out of a ride with few prospects.

Lost her Go Daddy money after 2016 season and then was involved with a controversy this season for promoting her sponsor's competitor.
11-17-2017 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Danica to retire
Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
11-17-2017 06:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
She has a net worth of close to $60 million. Racer dude is just hating on her cause she has accomplished something. While she wasn't as successful as she would have liked, she had a good run and is set for life. Nothing wrong with that.
11-17-2017 06:57 PM
Advertisement

ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(11-17-2017 06:57 PM)karter25 Wrote:  She has a net worth of close to $60 million. Racer dude is just hating on her cause she has accomplished something. While she wasn't as successful as she would have liked, she had a good run and is set for life. Nothing wrong with that.

Proof that anyone can make it big in the US. Maybe even you. That is if you ever learn how to read a map.

Her claim to fame is that while riding around mid pack, UNDER CAUTION she ran over another driver and had to pit a second time to replace her front wing. Which allowed her to top off her fuel load.

That and the fact she was 50lbs lighter than the rest of the field, allowed her to stay out longer under green and lead the Indy 500. Then taking advantage of that notoriety she laid across the hood of a car in a men's magazine half naked.

Then Indy Car changed their rules so that minimum weight was set WITH the driver in the car. Eliminating her weight advantage and thus making her non competitive. So she left Indy Car and headed to NASCAR.
11-17-2017 07:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
karter25 Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis
(11-17-2017 07:32 PM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  
(11-17-2017 06:57 PM)karter25 Wrote:  She has a net worth of close to $60 million. Racer dude is just hating on her cause she has accomplished something. While she wasn't as successful as she would have liked, she had a good run and is set for life. Nothing wrong with that.

Proof that anyone can make it big in the US. Maybe even you. That is if you ever learn how to read a map.

Her claim to fame is that while riding around mid pack, UNDER CAUTION she ran over another driver and had to pit a second time to replace her front wing. Which allowed her to top off her fuel load.

That and the fact she was 50lbs lighter than the rest of the field, allowed her to stay out longer under green and lead the Indy 500. Then taking advantage of that notoriety she laid across the hood of a car in a men's magazine half naked.

Then Indy Car changed their rules so that minimum weight was set WITH the driver in the car. Eliminating her weight advantage and thus making her non competitive. So she left Indy Car and headed to NASCAR.

Would rather see her laying across a car than Janet Guthrie.

We are going green in Homestead shortly, hope you are watching.
11-17-2017 07:39 PM
Advertisement

TigerinFL Offline
All American

I Root For: Tigers
just think how sad that all those factory workers who make the yellow flags for NASCAR are going to lose their job
11-17-2017 09:49 PM
JAB Offline
Banned

You didn’t disprove anything he said in that rant...you actually gave validity to the statement about your mysogony.
11-18-2017 12:39 AM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-17-2017 09:49 PM)TigerinFL Wrote:  just think how sad that all those factory workers who make the yellow flags for NASCAR are going to lose their job

03-lmfao

04-bow
11-18-2017 12:48 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(11-18-2017 12:39 AM)JAB Wrote:  

You didn’t disprove anything he said in that rant...you actually gave validity to the statement about your mysogony.

Are you and the oldfart bum buddies.

My opinion of her is not based on her sex. It is due to the fact that many drivers far superior to her were without rides while she got breaks that she did not deserve based on her talent and production.

Her BF local driver Rick Stenhouse had to spend 3 years in the Nationwide/Xfinity series, winning TWO championships before he got a ride in Cup Cars.

She came in from Indy Car to run Xfinity, ran around in mid pack and promptly got moved up to Cup cars.

Let's talk about her time in Indy Cars.NEVER drove for a mid pack or back of the pack teams she ALWAYS had top equipment. While Nashville driver Josef Newgarden was forced to take any ride he could pick up in older equipment and under funded teams for years before he got a top ride. Today he is series Champion.

While driving for Rahal Letterman she took advantage of Letterman's TV show to make at least one and some times two appearances on his show to self promote. Then when she felt that she was not competitive she moved to the most successful team at that time. Andretti Green. Since Indy Car changed the rules on how minimum weight was set from car alone to car with driver. She lost all of her performance advantage.

They claim she is a role model for young females. When in reality she forced the movement back several steps. Choosing to use her sexuality to get ahead instead of her talent.

AND SHE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER SEX AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. After almost EVERY on track incident she would get into the face of the other driver knowing that the male driver could not yell back at her much less get back into her face. Even went as far as laying her hands on another driver in the back of the ambulance as both were taking mandatory ride to the care center after a wreck.

Of course this changed when it came to female drivers. She tried this same stunt with Milka Duno and Duno got right back in her face and Danica turned tail.

ANYONE and i do mean ANYONE who competes at that level is good. Even those who finish last and laps down are good and have been a champion level driver at some series in their career. I will admit i could never do that and i doubt anyone else on this forum could do it even that old fart Karter25.

They are the upper crest of driver. But even among the upper crest there are divisions of drivers. The best of the best, the mid packers and those who run in the back and are not in contention to win at this level. They reached their competitive peak in lesser series. And Danica is in that group.But for reasons other than talent she was given rides that someone with her talent level should have never gotten. She was a part of a four car team where the other three drivers were NASCAR Cup Champions.
11-18-2017 02:36 AM
Advertisement

btiger Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
CrappiesDonators
(11-18-2017 02:36 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

My opinion of her is not based on her sex. It is due to the fact that many drivers far superior to her were without rides while she got breaks that she did not deserve based on her talent and production.

Her BF local driver Rick Stenhouse had to spend 3 years in the Nationwide/Xfinity series, winning TWO championships before he got a ride in Cup Cars.

She came in from Indy Car to run Xfinity, ran around in mid pack and promptly got moved up to Cup cars.

Let's talk about her time in Indy Cars.NEVER drove for a mid pack or back of the pack teams she ALWAYS had top equipment. While Nashville driver Josef Newgarden was forced to take any ride he could pick up in older equipment and under funded teams for years before he got a top ride. Today he is series Champion.

While driving for Rahal Letterman she took advantage of Letterman's TV show to make at least one and some times two appearances on his show to self promote. Then when she felt that she was not competitive she moved to the most successful team at that time. Andretti Green. Since Indy Car changed the rules on how minimum weight was set from car alone to car with driver. She lost all of her performance advantage.

They claim she is a role model for young females. When in reality she forced the movement back several steps. Choosing to use her sexuality to get ahead instead of her talent.

AND SHE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF HER SEX AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY. After almost EVERY on track incident she would get into the face of the other driver knowing that the male driver could not yell back at her much less get back into her face. Even went as far as laying her hands on another driver in the back of the ambulance as both were taking mandatory ride to the care center after a wreck.

Of course this changed when it came to female drivers. She tried this same stunt with Milka Duno and Duno got right back in her face and Danica turned tail.

ANYONE and i do mean ANYONE who competes at that level is good. Even those who finish last and laps down are good and have been a champion level driver at some series in their career. I will admit i could never do that and i doubt anyone else on this forum could do it even that old fart Karter25.

They are the upper crest of driver. But even among the upper crest there are divisions of drivers. The best of the best, the mid packers and those who run in the back and are not in contention to win at this level. They reached their competitive peak in lesser series. And Danica is in that group.But for reasons other than talent she was given rides that someone with her talent level should have never gotten. She was a part of a four car team where the other three drivers were NASCAR Cup Champions.

its a business. she got the "ride she should never have gotten" because the owner and sponsors wanted her to have it. you seem to actually think racin' is a sport. its a business, nothing else..... just like your beloved rasslin

envy is one of the seven deadlies
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2017 09:55 AM by btiger.)
11-18-2017 08:56 AM
ddramone Offline
All American

I Root For:
(11-18-2017 08:56 AM)btiger Wrote:  
(11-18-2017 02:36 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

its a business. she got the "ride she should never have gotten" because the owner and sponsors wanted her to have it. you seem to actually think racin' is a sport. its a business, nothing else..... just like your beloved rasslin

envy is one of the seven deadlies

+1.
11-18-2017 11:32 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.