Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

AAC OOC Scheduling
Bookmark and Share
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Tigers
AAC OOC Scheduling
that says we must play a Power 5 team every year? Or is Aresco just stressing that?
Just checked out the futures of every AAC team and I'm impressed.

Cincinnati has UCLA the next two years, with Nebraska, Indiana, Boise St. and Pitt coming after.
ECU has Va Tech and South Carolina on the schedule coming up.
Houston - Arizona, Oklahoma and Vandy.
Navy has Notre Dame.
SMU has TCU at home next year (!!) and at Michigan.
Temple - BC, Maryland, GT, Duke, Rutgers coming up.
Tulane - Auburn, Ohio State, Wake, Mississippi State, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Duke.
Tulsa - Texas, Arkansas, Michigan State, OK State, Ole Miss
UCF - UNC, Pitt, GT
UConn - Boise State (MWC) Illinois, Indiana, Clemson, NC State, BC
USF - GT, Illinois, Wisconsin, Texas,

And obviously Memphis has Missouri, Ole Miss, MSU, and Purdue coming up. Lots to digest from these. Impressive scheduling from Tulane even though Ohio State and Auburn are viewing them as $750,000 ass whoopings.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 10:36 AM by fishman6581.)
11-15-2017 10:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon
RE: AAC OOC Scheduling
So are you saying Tulane is the only one playing buy-games? If so, That says a lot about our conference.

ETA: Although, I think our game with Purdue is a one and done buy game.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 01:48 PM by geosnooker2000.)
11-15-2017 01:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
First thing I would do as AD would be to re-negotiate the Purdue contract as a home-and-home or cancel outright.

Just f*cking stupid to buy game with a lowest-tier P5 program no one gives a sh*t about. Embarrassing too.
11-15-2017 04:10 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
AAC OOC Scheduling
SMU at Michigan is a buy game. Think we get $1,300,000

Was needed to get them to play basketball in Dallas
11-15-2017 04:19 PM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

A lot of them are buy games. What my point was though, is that Ohio State would rather play Tulane and pay them for an ass-whooping before play Houston or UCF, two teams that will be in the top 15 CFP rankings in the last month of the season and potentially be in a tough game. And the Purdue thing is rough. Bowen saying he didn't wanna schedule a home game too far down the road is one of the biggest cop outs I've heard in a while.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 04:35 PM by fishman6581.)
11-15-2017 04:30 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-15-2017 04:10 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  First thing I would do as AD would be to re-negotiate the Purdue contract as a home-and-home or cancel outright.

Just f*cking stupid to buy game with a lowest-tier P5 program no one gives a sh*t about. Embarrassing too.

Not if we win.
11-15-2017 04:31 PM
Advertisement

fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

I will say this though, Purdue may be winning 8 games a year by the time we play them. Brohm is a helluva coach and there's a reason they gave him $3.3 million a year. That number shocked me.
11-15-2017 04:31 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

I'm not sayin nuttin from nuttin, but if you compare Memphis' and Alabama's 2019 and 2020 future schedules, you will notice a couple of tetris pieces that fit coincidentally together nicely.
11-15-2017 06:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-15-2017 04:31 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 04:10 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  First thing I would do as AD would be to re-negotiate the Purdue contract as a home-and-home or cancel outright.

Not if we win.

Exactly

Until we are putting 50k in the seats every game winning a buy game is a good deal.
11-16-2017 03:23 PM
tigerlands Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It would hurt Memphis to beef up their OOC sked. You can't beat them if you don't play them. They are scheduled to play one mid-level P5 team each year for the next couple of seasons. IMO, they should throw in a big time game every other year or so, even if they have to go on the road to do it.
11-16-2017 03:51 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Good to play a tough OOC SCHEDULE
11-16-2017 09:40 PM
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

Or ceiling appears to be a ny6 bowl so I honestly do not see a reason to upgrade or OOC schedule
11-16-2017 11:12 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline

(11-16-2017 11:12 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Or ceiling appears to be a ny6 bowl so I honestly do not see a reason to upgrade or OOC schedule

Not to 05-deadhorse , but the reason would be the advancement of our program, like making ourselves look as attractive as possible to the [insert P5 conference name here] the next time there is a shake-up. Now, YOU MAY VERY WELL BE RIGHT, BUT... some of us think the way to do that is to force the CFP committee and the talking heads to defend why we are left out of the playoff discussion. IOW, actually BE in the playoff discussion. The year we beat OM (2015) they were having that conversation.

Why does that make a difference? Attendance. Memphians will only support a winner when the winning matters for more than just G5 bragging rights. And I'm talking 50,000 to 55,000 sellout type support. And that is what it will take to turn heads on the national scene. Top 10 or even Top 5 rankings.

The reason Memphians wont support any more than what you are seeing now? 2 reasons that are unrelated, but work together to hurt.

1) They've got Ole' Miss, TN, Bama, and State fans in their ears all week long around the water cooler about how we are "playing some pretty good ball for a little G5 school." That's a psy-ops style killer. Others who might want to join the bandwaggon hear this and decide they are not up for that kind of abuse, and would rather sit on the other side of the fence because ti's easier to hurl insults or throw shade than to root for the Tigers and thereby be subject to those jeers.
2) They are unsure of the coaching situation. Did anybody think we were gonna lose Tommy West during the Deangelo era? It never crossed my mind. It's hard to get yourself up for "anything" (IOW, in this case, bad weather) when you are so depressed about how you will almost assuredly lose your coach at the end of this year "so, what's the point?" And please don't argue with me on this point trying to convince me that I should go to the games and enjoy myself anyway. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. The people that would benefit from your convincing arguments do not read this board.

Playing local SEC teams short-circuits both 1 and 2. I think we should try for 2 per year, + a Purdue level P5 team, and an FCS warm-up. Or instead of 2 SEC teams, 1 SEC team and 1 UCLA level team from another P5.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 12:04 AM by geosnooker2000.)
11-17-2017 12:02 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(11-17-2017 12:02 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  
(11-16-2017 11:12 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  Or ceiling appears to be a ny6 bowl so I honestly do not see a reason to upgrade or OOC schedule

Not to 05-deadhorse , but the reason would be the advancement of our program, like making ourselves look as attractive as possible to the [insert P5 conference name here] the next time there is a shake-up. Now, YOU MAY VERY WELL BE RIGHT, BUT... some of us think the way to do that is to force the CFP committee and the talking heads to defend why we are left out of the playoff discussion. IOW, actually BE in the playoff discussion. The year we beat OM (2015) they were having that conversation.

Why does that make a difference? Attendance. Memphians will only support a winner when the winning matters for more than just G5 bragging rights. And I'm talking 50,000 to 55,000 sellout type support. And that is what it will take to turn heads on the national scene. Top 10 or even Top 5 rankings.

The reason Memphians wont support any more than what you are seeing now? 2 reasons that are unrelated, but work together to hurt.

1) They've got Ole' Miss, TN, Bama, and State fans in their ears all week long around the water cooler about how we are "playing some pretty good ball for a little G5 school." That's a psy-ops style killer. Others who might want to join the bandwaggon hear this and decide they are not up for that kind of abuse, and would rather sit on the other side of the fence because ti's easier to hurl insults or throw shade than to root for the Tigers and thereby be subject to those jeers.
2) They are unsure of the coaching situation. Did anybody think we were gonna lose Tommy West during the Deangelo era? It never crossed my mind. It's hard to get yourself up for "anything" (IOW, in this case, bad weather) when you are so depressed about how you will almost assuredly lose your coach at the end of this year "so, what's the point?" And please don't argue with me on this point trying to convince me that I should go to the games and enjoy myself anyway. I ALREADY KNOW THAT. The people that would benefit from your convincing arguments do not read this board.

Playing local SEC teams short-circuits both 1 and 2. I think we should try for 2 per year, + a Purdue level P5 team, and an FCS warm-up. Or instead of 2 SEC teams, 1 SEC team and 1 UCLA level team from another P5.

Win the Ny6 bowl game and that all takes care of itself
11-17-2017 06:13 AM
TIGERBUDDY Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Exclamation RE: AAC OOC Scheduling
(11-17-2017 06:13 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  

Win the Ny6 bowl game and that all takes care of itself
04-cheers We have to get there first in order to win it. So hell, let's just DO IT !!!!!!!
11-17-2017 06:40 AM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Purdue is not going to put butts in the seats and I seriously doubt any name P5 schools are going to schedule any home and homes with us.

They scheduled home and homes before because it was like them scheduling a second FCs school
11-17-2017 07:12 AM
Advertisement

fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

We're lucky we play only 8 conference games and therefore can schedule four OOC games. Playing 9 is tough in some of these P5 conferences, especially when you have to play a game against another P5. Anyways, I think there are several "perfect" OOC schedules for Memphis.

Tennessee
Arkansas State
UAB
Illinois

Ole Miss
Middle Tennessee State
Georgia Tech
Florida International

Kansas State
Purdue
Southern Miss
Louisiana Monroe

I think the day they wanna take that step up and add an Oklahoma, or TCU, or Ohio State, they'll have to think really hard about it. I'd rather play any of the three above mentioned ones than
Ohio State
UAB
Georgia Southern
Louisiana Lafayette.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2017 09:44 AM by fishman6581.)
11-17-2017 09:43 AM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

Let's schedule ohlo state and oklahoma as soon as possible, u gotta run with the BIG DAWGS
11-17-2017 09:57 AM
fishman6581 Offline
Heisman

(11-17-2017 09:57 AM)memphisike Wrote:  Let's schedule ohlo state and oklahoma as soon as possible, u gotta run with the BIG DAWGS

Wonder if they'd give us a 2-1. No way either would go straight home and home.
11-17-2017 10:00 AM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

No way would we get a home and home, but beat them a couple of times and we might get a home game.
Clemson fired tommy west, now if that happened to me I'd play on a dirt field to show them they screwed up.
I asked tommy if he'd try to get a game with clemson, his reply was I'd love to play them if they give us a home and home. His way of saying I'm afraid of showing them how right they were.
The chances of getting a home and home with clemson were 0
Tommy had a pretty good team put together by Ripp at this time, Wimprine, DeAngelo, Gottie and proceeded to dumb down the schedule, followed by a decrease in recruit quality.
A good source said we were offered a BIG MONEY game at ohlo state and tommy nixed it
11-17-2017 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.