Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NYT disowns Bill Clinton
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
NYT disowns Bill Clinton
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opini...inton.html

It feels like the MSM and the liberal political class have been doing a lot of Clinton bashing lately
11-14-2017 01:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: NYT disowns Bill Clinton
(11-14-2017 01:24 PM)solohawks Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opini...inton.html

It feels like the MSM and the liberal political class have been doing a lot of Clinton bashing lately

Not really. Its more excuse making for the Clintons, especially Hillary, except that they admit that Broderick may have been telling the truth.
11-14-2017 01:58 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...ats-215825

Jeff Greenfield does a more serious disowning.

He's pretty honest (except that he fails to recognize how reckless JFK was and that we wouldn't have been in the Cuban missile crisis with a less reckless president and he really started Vietnam). He mentions some of JFK's stuff I hadn't heard before.
11-15-2017 09:23 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(11-15-2017 09:23 AM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/...ats-215825

Jeff Greenfield does a more serious disowning.

He's pretty honest (except that he fails to recognize how reckless JFK was and that we wouldn't have been in the Cuban missile crisis with a less reckless president and he really started Vietnam). He mentions some of JFK's stuff I hadn't heard before.

Yeah, but JFK did turned that Cuba missile crisis around before then.

Vietnam was a powder keg before JFK was elected. The problems started before then, but the war in Vietnam was credited under JFK's watch. You had people trying to overthrow the government in Vietnam in the late 1950s. China was giving them help before we got involve.
11-15-2017 02:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-14-2017 01:24 PM)solohawks Wrote:  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/opini...inton.html

so much for #Whataboutism complaints. that **** seems to work.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 02:45 PM by EagleX.)
11-15-2017 02:44 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

Too late, wrong side of history
11-15-2017 02:53 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF

They always have. One of the biggest loads of sh*t that people on the right are too willing to swallow is that the left doesn't criticize it's own. They do, incessantly.
11-15-2017 03:37 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-15-2017 03:37 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

They always have. One of the biggest loads of sh*t that people on the right are too willing to swallow is that the left doesn't criticize it's own. They do, incessantly.

that's horse puckey.....only now (after losing the star of david) are they now backstabbing.....

keep on with it......you girls make it too easy to point out thingys.....

I'm still waiting on one of yaz to make a valid economic point........(never holds breath).....just ONE would be a start.....
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2017 03:40 PM by stinkfist.)
11-15-2017 03:40 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2017 03:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

that's horse puckey.....only now (after losing the star of david) are they now backstabbing.....

I'm still waiting on one of yaz to make a valid economic point........(never holds breath).....just ONE would be a start.....

No, they have. They're not perfect, and of course those individuals in power tend to get preferred treatment by those they are leading, as in everything.

But you want me to make one valid economic point about what? Democratic economic policy? Economic principles?
11-15-2017 03:43 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!

If you can provide evidence of leftists or mainstream seriously questioning Bill Clinton's actions and HilLIARy Clinton's victim-blaming from the early 90s, then please do so.

Yes, there's more and more being written the past few days, but that's 20-something years too late.

There may have been a snippet from some on the left from back then, but please show that was the norm rather than an anomaly.

Discussing Broderick's (and others') claims, The Atlantic included this:

Quote:It was a pattern of behavior; it included an alleged violent assault; the women involved had far more credible evidence than many of the most notorious accusations that have come to light in the past five weeks. But Clinton was not left to the swift and pitiless justice that today’s accused men have experienced. Rather, he was rescued by a surprising force: machine feminism.

Bill Clinton: A Reckoning
By CAITLIN FLANAGAN NOV 13, 2017

It further states:

Quote:The notorious 1998 New York Times op-ed by Gloria Steinem must surely stand as one of the most regretted public actions of her life. It slut-shamed, victim-blamed, and age-shamed; it urged compassion for and gratitude to the man the women accused. Moreover (never write an op-ed in a hurry; you’ll accidentally say what you really believe), it characterized contemporary feminism as a weaponized auxiliary of the Democratic Party.
11-15-2017 06:01 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-15-2017 03:43 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

No, they have. They're not perfect, and of course those individuals in power tend to get preferred treatment by those they are leading, as in everything.

But you want me to make one valid economic point about what? Democratic economic policy? Economic principles?

Alex, I'll take, "dem economic policy for a bazillion"

A: global warming

Q: what is a subsidized/investment opportunity???

you don't get to use that one.....this is where I agree with dippo land where feasible 03-wink
11-15-2017 06:22 PM
Advertisement

Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Everyone knows the Times takes its marching orders from the Democrat party. For the Dems it's time to move on. New leadership is what they seek. They don't have the executive branch, so who? Obama, Biden, Fauxahantis? The possibilities are endless. Endlessly bad that is.
11-15-2017 07:10 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2017 06:22 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

you don't get to use that one.....this is where I agree with dippo land where feasible 03-wink

I don't really know how to answer you because I don't quite understand your question, and your example doesn't really give me much to go by. Going by your example, I'd mention things like cap and trade and carbon credits which incentivize businesses to cause less damage to the common good of our environment.
11-15-2017 07:24 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2017 07:10 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  Everyone knows the Times takes its marching orders from the Democrat party. For the Dems it's time to move on. New leadership is what they seek. They don't have the executive branch, so who? Obama, Biden, Fauxahantis? The possibilities are endless. Endlessly bad that is.

"Everyone knows" he says, apropos of nothing because he says it in his echo chamber.
11-15-2017 07:25 PM
stinkfist Online

(11-15-2017 07:24 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 03:37 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  They always have. One of the biggest loads of sh*t that people on the right are too willing to swallow is that the left doesn't criticize it's own. They do, incessantly.

I don't really know how to answer you because I don't quite understand your question, and your example doesn't really give me much to go by. Going by your example, I'd mention things like cap and trade and carbon credits which incentivize businesses to cause less damage to the common good of our environment.

like I said, you don't get that freebie....why??? b/c I knew you would pander to momma earth (she'll will be just fine w/o humans).....subsidization and how it's played is the question at hand.....

disclaimer: once again dingo, I'm pro alt-energy subsidization to help kick-start that heart....that's why you don't get a freebie.....there are plenty on the right that believe the same....
11-15-2017 07:32 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(11-15-2017 07:10 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  Everyone knows the Times takes its marching orders from the Democrat party. For the Dems it's time to move on. New leadership is what they seek. They don't have the executive branch, so who? Obama, Biden, Fauxahantis? The possibilities are endless. Endlessly bad that is.

The reason the Libturd press is because they don't wan Killery running again and they're looking to bash her to be rid of her. Unfortunately for them she's going nowhere. She knows that being in the SPOTLIGHT is what is feeding her. If she went the route Bush took and avoided the limelight she would not be asked to give 400,000 dollar speeches.

I say to the Demons: "you created this monster now you live with it".
11-15-2017 08:06 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Online

(11-15-2017 08:06 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

The reason the Libturd press is because they don't wan Killery running again and they're looking to bash her to be rid of her. Unfortunately for them she's going nowhere. She knows that being in the SPOTLIGHT is what is feeding her. If she went the route Bush took and avoided the limelight she would not be asked to give 400,000 dollar speeches.

I say to the Demons: "you created this monster now you live with it".

Amen to that Ollie.....Amen to that......
11-15-2017 08:19 PM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
No, see, it's okay to give Bill Clinton a pass because he was a staunch defender of the right to kill your unborn babies.
11-15-2017 08:59 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-15-2017 07:32 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 07:24 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(11-15-2017 03:40 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  that's horse puckey.....only now (after losing the star of david) are they now backstabbing.....

like I said, you don't get that freebie....why??? b/c I knew you would pander to momma earth (she'll will be just fine w/o humans).....subsidization and how it's played is the question at hand.....

disclaimer: once again dingo, I'm pro alt-energy subsidization to help kick-start that heart....that's why you don't get a freebie.....there are plenty on the right that believe the same....

I don't know what you want me to describe though, because it's not as if monetary policy is actually different between the parties in any significant sense that I'm aware of. I think there are plenty of ways in which democratic policies lead to positive economic growth and/or overall improvement for the average American if that's what you mean? You could look at their support for tying minimum wage to inflation, support for contraceptives, support for early childhood development programs and generally being more open to education initiatives, and legalizing marijuana. All of these make economic sense.
11-16-2017 01:23 AM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
NYT disowns Bill Clinton

Lol.

Yea, I remember some of that criticism back then like it was yesterday.

Criticism like “American Women should be lining up with their Presidential kneepads to thank the ‘cigar enthusiast’ (my insert) in chief for...”.

Hard hitting schit like that, right?

How about the “incessant” criticism of the “Lion of the Senate”? Drunk, murderin’ ol Teddy? Kkk Byrd?

Any critique over crook menendez? Where? How about lyin’ Fauxcahontas, or take the money (sports car, lake house) and run, complete and utter fraud sellout, the Bern?!?

Yet, here we are, talking about someone taking a drink of water during a speech. I guess no new affronts to be seen from hats, shoes, or wearing white after Labor Day...

Y’all funny.
11-16-2017 06:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.