Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Future... Who Will Keep Up?
Bookmark and Share
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
The Future... Who Will Keep Up?
This is a map showing UNT's strategic plan for our athletics. I'm quite excited about what we will be building over the next several years. When finished, the Mean Green Village will look quite different. Are any other C-USA universities planning on building or expanding at this level?

[Image: image.png.f0d54b5256018a26d4438d3cebd9ed16.png]
11-13-2017 09:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eager eagle Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: The Future... Who Will Keep Up?
(11-13-2017 09:10 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  This is a map showing UNT's strategic plan for our athletics. I'm quite excited about what we will be building over the next several years. When finished, the Mean Green Village will look quite different. Are any other C-USA universities planning on building or expanding at this level?

Why dont you build it or at least turn the first shovels of dirt and then lets talk about it.
11-13-2017 09:31 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(11-13-2017 09:10 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  This is a map showing UNT's strategic plan for our athletics. I'm quite excited about what we will be building over the next several years. When finished, the Mean Green Village will look quite different. Are any other C-USA universities planning on building or expanding at this level?

Most all schools have these plans, getting the budget for them to become realistic is anther story
11-13-2017 09:34 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2017 09:31 PM)eager eagle Wrote:  

Why dont you build it or at least turn the first shovels of dirt and then lets talk about it.

Why have. The first of the short term projects is already under construction. The indoor practice facility will begin construction after the season is over. Can't have the construction interrupting our bowl practices. I would not have started this thread if we were not already pushing dirt.
11-13-2017 09:36 PM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
Are there plans to rip down your old football stadium? I attended a MT/NT game down there some ten years ago in that stadium.
11-13-2017 10:15 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Glad you're catching up. ?

All we really need now is the baseball stadium and could use a better tennis facility.
11-13-2017 10:18 PM
Advertisement

Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2017 10:15 PM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  Are there plans to rip down your old football stadium? I attended a MT/NT game down there some ten years ago in that stadium.

Yes, old Fouts will be torn down after the new track stadium is finished. I hear the land will be turned into parking.
11-13-2017 10:22 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2017 10:18 PM)banker Wrote:  Glad you're catching up. ?

All we really need now is the baseball stadium and could use a better tennis facility.

Marshall could stand to upgrade or replace the Henderson Center too. That place looks terrible.
11-13-2017 10:31 PM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
(11-13-2017 10:31 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Marshall could stand to upgrade or replace the Henderson Center too. That place looks terrible.

Meh, could be worse... MU have very good facilities for the conference. Need an baseball stadium, but we still play in a minor-league stadium. If only it was in the right city. At least the Henderson Center is unique, it has that and over 9000 capacity going for it.
11-13-2017 10:38 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU

FAU has gone on a very ambitious upgrade of the athletic facilities in 2008-2012. Work has been completed. We'll see if it translates into success on the field.
11-13-2017 10:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2017 10:38 PM)Surbadger Wrote:  
(11-13-2017 10:31 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  

Meh, could be worse... MU have very good facilities for the conference. Need an baseball stadium, but we still play in a minor-league stadium. If only it was in the right city. At least the Henderson Center is unique, it has that and over 9000 capacity going for it.

Needs a jumbotron or something.
11-13-2017 10:42 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I had to look up what a Natatorium is. It's a building with a swimming pool FYI.
11-13-2017 10:43 PM
cmett003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
ODU is starting the renovation to the football stadium next year, 2018+
The Ted Constant Center is the nicest basketball arena in C-USA by far
Already has one of the nicest tennis facilities I have ever seen completed in 2008
Just completed a brand new basketball practice facility in 2017
Football practice facilities are good enough for now but we will be looking at an Indoor practice facility after the stadium is complete.
Baseball could use an upgrade to the stadium but we field pretty good teams every year so its not hurting recruiting.
Converting our old basketball practice facility into a volleyball facility for our new volleyball program that's starting in 2020
I think ODU is going to scrap their plans for softball, just not sure we have room for it. Definately dont have room for track and field
As for the Soccer stadium, natatorium, and other minor facilities. If you have the money great if not it really doesnt make a difference.

I think ODU is def in the Top-3 in C-USA for facilities.
11-13-2017 10:46 PM
deb025 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

I’ll be impressed when your school decides to field a baseball team.
11-13-2017 11:04 PM
ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says Charlotte has great facilities now. The plans for the future are hidden in a vault underneath the bofa corporate center. No need to let them out to raise enthusiasm.
11-14-2017 07:34 AM
AustinFromUNT Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UNT
BTW, the cost of the IPF is $19M. $7.5M of that came from private donor gifts, the rest was raised by the university system. It’s construction will finish July 2019 and it will be 94,000 GSF. Only 3 teams in the conference right now have an IPF (Marshall, UTSA’s Alamodome, and idk who the third is). At the same time the IPF is being built construction will also begin on the athletic facility upgrades such as giving Football its own weight room I’ve heard.
11-14-2017 07:36 AM
Advertisement

Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
(11-13-2017 10:46 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  I think ODU is def in the Top-3 in C-USA for facilities.

Gotta agree. Our overall facilities (namely basketball, tennis, soccer, sailing, rowing, field hockey and wrestling) are some of the best in CUSA.

Really happy that our facilities that need to be improved are projects currently in process (baseball and football). We could use a new swimming facility. But it's not a pressing need.
11-14-2017 08:16 AM
Theflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: WKU
I feel like WKU has great facilities as well. An IPF and new press box are the 2 things that would help considerably. The IPF got shot down a year or so ago. The rest of our sport facilities are very good as well. New or updated in the last several years.
11-14-2017 08:21 AM
UABslant Offline

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
UAB just completed a new softball stadium, football practice facility, and football operations building.
With football completely moved out of the Bell/Wallace Building, plans are for it to be completely renovated to become the full-time basketball practice & training complex.

A new soccer stadium and t&f facility were just approved a few weeks ago. The soccer stadium is on-campus and UAB is partnering with Birmingham's new USL soccer team to increase seating to 5,000 seats & upgrade original plans for locker rooms, concessions, etc.

Another bonus is that UAB is building new sport turf intramural fields directly across the street from the football practice facility, essentially giving UAB Football 6 full-size fields (+ 5,000-seat soccer stadium) inside 3 city blocks to host huge regional and national camps.
11-14-2017 09:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
va-eagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-13-2017 10:46 PM)cmett003 Wrote:  ODU is starting the renovation to the football stadium next year, 2018+
The Ted Constant Center is the nicest basketball arena in C-USA by far
Already has one of the nicest tennis facilities I have ever seen completed in 2008
Just completed a brand new basketball practice facility in 2017
Football practice facilities are good enough for now but we will be looking at an Indoor practice facility after the stadium is complete.
Baseball could use an upgrade to the stadium but we field pretty good teams every year so its not hurting recruiting.
Converting our old basketball practice facility into a volleyball facility for our new volleyball program that's starting in 2020
I think ODU is going to scrap their plans for softball, just not sure we have room for it. Definately dont have room for track and field
As for the Soccer stadium, natatorium, and other minor facilities. If you have the money great if not it really doesnt make a difference.

I think ODU is def in the Top-3 in C-USA for facilities.

After the new stadium is done, maybe. Until then, no way can make that claim with the FB stadium you guys have.
11-14-2017 09:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.