Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

So close yet so far
Bookmark and Share
Galilee Offline
1st String

I Root For: KIDS
So close yet so far
3 top 25 2019 players right here and they might as well be in Alaska. Landing those guys will put Tigers back on the map.

James Wiseman 6-11 East #1
DJ Jeffries 6-8 Olive Branch #9
Chandler Lawson 6-9 East # 22.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 06:59 PM by Galilee.)
11-11-2017 06:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: So close yet so far
Where are the Memphis guards

That is what Memphis has been known for but lately there have been fewer and fewer as the years go on
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 07:24 PM by macgar32.)
11-11-2017 07:24 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters
11-11-2017 08:41 PM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
Seriously??? Two out of three are headed to KY. Calapari has them locked up. Not sure where Chandler ends up but definitely not with the Tigers.

(11-11-2017 06:59 PM)Galilee Wrote:  3 top 25 2019 players right here and they might as well be in Alaska. Landing those guys will put Tigers back on the map.

11-11-2017 11:13 PM
EricSigEpTNBeta183 Offline
1st String

Only if we had a someone on the coaching staff who had close ties with some of those kids . . . oh wait . . .
11-12-2017 12:45 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I’m still trying to figure out where the good pastor is going with this.
11-12-2017 07:27 AM
Advertisement

holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2017 08:41 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Forever trusting who we are and nothing else matters

Never cared for games they play (Lawson Family, that is).
11-12-2017 07:40 AM
TIGERCITY Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-11-2017 06:59 PM)Galilee Wrote:  3 top 25 2019 players right here and they might as well be in Alaska. Landing those guys will put Tigers back on the map.

Tubby needs to assign *both* Saul and Pooh to these guys. Can you imagine the synergy of those recruiting savants?
11-12-2017 08:37 AM
Galilee Offline
1st String

(11-12-2017 07:27 AM)TG4 Wrote:  I’m still trying to figure out where the good pastor is going with this.

I don't have to go anywhere with it. It speaks clearly. The person who needs to go somewhere is this staff. Go and recruit the top players this city has to offer. It is sad to have this much talent and this staff is letting coaches miles away out work them. I like Tubby but he is the face of the program and right now it does not look good. CTS must put in the work. Any coach at this program better go after the top players here or have a hell of a record recruiting nationally. The fan base deserves a true and total effort to bring the program back to competing for titles. I can understand not recruiting Lawson but the other 2 makes no sense at all.
11-12-2017 10:02 AM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2017 10:02 AM)Galilee Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 07:27 AM)TG4 Wrote:  I’m still trying to figure out where the good pastor is going with this.

I don't have to go anywhere with it. It speaks clearly. The person who needs to go somewhere is this staff. Go and recruit the top players this city has to offer. It is sad to have this much talent and this staff is letting coaches miles away out work them. I like Tubby but he is the face of the program and right now it does not look good. CTS must put in the work. Any coach at this program better go after the top players here or have a hell of a record recruiting nationally. The fan base deserves a true and total effort to bring the program back to competing for titles. I can understand not recruiting Lawson but the other 2 makes no sense at all.

Have you offered your assistance? Maybe CTS needs a new spiritual advisor / local recruiter?

All Rise!
11-12-2017 10:43 AM
stratecashomie Offline
Feelin' Blue

What's even more depressing is that we don't have a realistic shot with any of these where in prior years we'd have at least been given a chance
11-12-2017 11:07 AM
Advertisement

Galilee Offline
1st String

I don't get paid 3 million dollars to help him. Instead of being sarcastic you need to face reality that Tubby is lazy. The little effort he put forth was pitched as they should be honored that he is interested in them.(This I know for fact) You just go ahead and reply with smart answers while this program is ran into the ground. Speaking of "rise" this program will rise again with this type of effort.
11-12-2017 12:27 PM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(11-12-2017 11:07 AM)stratecashomie Wrote:  What's even more depressing is that we don't have a realistic shot with any of these where in prior years we'd have at least been given a chance

The systems is stacked against us.
11-12-2017 12:38 PM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(11-12-2017 12:27 PM)Galilee Wrote:  I don't get paid 3 million dollars to help him. Instead of being sarcastic you need to face reality that Tubby is lazy. The little effort he put forth was pitched as they should be honored that he is interested in them.(This I know for fact) You just go ahead and reply with smart answers while this program is ran into the ground. Speaking of "rise" this program will rise again with this type of effort.

Please don't call a man who's won at every level for the past 40 years "Lazy". It's insulting.

The coach isn't going up against Cal. There's no reason too. We all know how this works by now.
11-12-2017 12:40 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
Face the reality is a rich statement.

Anyone who was even trying to peep at at tip of the reality got slammed here and other places.

edit: And the above post that happened while my internet was slow is a tiny example. It can be argued that Tubby has inadvertently insulted the whole city of Memphis by lowering our expectations. I don't like seeing us projected to finish last in the AAC.

ESPN bazturds did it Nov 7th before we played our first game.

1. Shockers
2. Bearcats
3. Knights
4. Mustangs
5. Owls
6. Huskies
7. Cougars
8. Golden Hurricane
9. Pirates
10. Bulls
11. Green Barf Wave
12. Tigers
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 12:50 PM by snowtiger.)
11-12-2017 12:41 PM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-12-2017 12:27 PM)Galilee Wrote:  I don't get paid 3 million dollars to help him. Instead of being sarcastic you need to face reality that Tubby is lazy. The little effort he put forth was pitched as they should be honored that he is interested in them.(This I know for fact) You just go ahead and reply with smart answers while this program is ran into the ground. Speaking of "rise" this program will rise again with this type of effort.

100% true. The guy is nothing but lazy and will never do more than he absolutely has to do. And I know for a fact as well that is exactly his attitude. Saul is even worse.
11-12-2017 12:58 PM
Advertisement

memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(11-12-2017 12:40 PM)FlyingTiger2016 Wrote:  

Please don't call a man who's won at every level for the past 40 years "Lazy". It's insulting.

The coach isn't going up against Cal. There's no reason too. We all know how this works by now.

He didn't call someone who has won at every level for the past "40" years, "Lazy". He called a guy who rode someone else's coattails and won at a high lvl many, many years ago and hasn't done anything of worth since "Lazy".
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 12:59 PM by memtigbb.)
11-12-2017 12:59 PM
TG4 Offline
Hall of Famer

Why don’t you just admit you are whatever you are for Thad or Nike anyone else who will “donate” to the “cause” of your choice. I already know how you handled Thad’s “recruiting.” How many sweat suits and shoes did you ask for? You bring your holier than thou self in here and throw cryptic posts about what Coach Smith and staff should be doing for Memphis. You are a joke.

What the hell did you EVER do for Memphis during Thad’s “recruitment” other than tell everybody who would listen what good friends you were with Andre. That and the stories of the “number of schools who were recruiting your son to play Div. 1 football.”
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 03:55 PM by TG4.)
11-12-2017 03:53 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Galilee,

I remember all that as well.

I encourage you to take the plea agreement before more #&#! comes out.

Tell us all......

All Rise

cheer cheer cheer for a helluva engineer
11-12-2017 04:24 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2017 03:53 PM)TG4 Wrote:  

Why don’t you just admit you are whatever you are for Thad or Nike anyone else who will “donate” to the “cause” of your choice. I already know how you handled Thad’s “recruiting.” How many sweat suits and shoes did you ask for? You bring your holier than thou self in here and throw cryptic posts about what Coach Smith and staff should be doing for Memphis. You are a joke.

What the hell did you EVER do for Memphis during Thad’s “recruitment” other than tell everybody who would listen what good friends you were with Andre. That and the stories of the “number of schools who were recruiting your son to play Div. 1 football.”

WhoaDang.
11-12-2017 04:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.