Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Will USM ever leave CUSA?
Limebull Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USF/Alabama
Will USM ever leave CUSA?
All the old CUSA members left but Southern Miss stayed. And I don't think the conference really benefits them, do you guys see USM leaving anytime soon?
11-11-2017 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Niner National Online
Heisman

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
RE: Will USM ever leave CUSA?
Someone needs to want them, so it really isn't up to them.
11-11-2017 07:10 AM
SouthernMiss3613 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Leave to go where? The AAC isn't a better conference. C-USA could have 11 teams with winning records by the end of the season.
11-11-2017 08:24 AM
nastybunch Offline
Heisman

It is not about schools having good athletic programs, it is about TV sets, airports, and “potential”...Why else would anyone want South Florida, Central Florida, Tulane, and Charlotte in their league?
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 08:27 AM by nastybunch.)
11-11-2017 08:26 AM

Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
Well, maybe when they start beating the newbies for conference championships someone will want them but until then they will need to settle for backhanded compliments from trolls.
11-11-2017 08:28 AM
Side Show Joe Offline
Heisman

I Root For: North Texas
(11-11-2017 07:03 AM)Limebull Wrote:  All the old CUSA members left but Southern Miss stayed. And I don't think the conference really benefits them, do you guys see USM leaving anytime soon?

No.

This conference is improving. Southern Miss is a good program, and they are competitive in C-USA West. Personally, I think C-USA West is the most interesting division in the entire G5. It is very likely that 5 of the 7 western division teams will finish bowl eligible. Aside from a P5 invitation, I see no good reason why Southern Miss would want to leave.
11-11-2017 08:29 AM
EagNBran Offline
1st String

Let me speak as a USM fan instead of other programs speaking for us.

You give us a way out, an offer to the AAC or anywhere not the Sun Belt, and we’ll leave immediately. Our fans are frustrated. We don’t like CUSA and we’re sick of startups passing us by. After the last round of losses, our fan support has dropped dramatically, both butts in the seats and money being given. The moment we get out of here and show that we’re making moves to improve ourselves, a lot of that money will come back.

We would love to join the AAC. Is it some promised land? By no means, but it is a conference filled with teams we have history with that our fans recognize and enjoyed playing. If we were offered a spot, we’d take it automatically.
11-11-2017 08:48 AM

Bleacher Eagle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: USM
(11-11-2017 08:24 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  The AAC isn't a better conference.

From a football perspective, this is absolutely absurd even for the biggest CUSA fan. It’s mid-November and they have 3 ranked teams (UCF, USF & Memphis), all of which will end up with 10 win regular season records and any of would win our conference hands down. After that, then they have 3 other teams (Houston, Navy & SMU) that would likely win CUSA this season.
11-11-2017 09:00 AM
otown Online
1st String

I Root For: Florida
(11-11-2017 08:24 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Leave to go where? The AAC isn't a better conference. C-USA could have 11 teams with winning records by the end of the season.

Here is a case study. If a CUSA team runs the table, where do they play their bowl? If you have to worry about another conference having an undefeated team or even a 1-2 loss team......then you have your answer.
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 09:02 AM by otown.)
11-11-2017 09:01 AM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-11-2017 09:00 AM)Bleacher Eagle Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 08:24 AM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  The AAC isn't a better conference.

From a football perspective, this is absolutely absurd even for the biggest CUSA fan. It’s mid-November and they have 3 ranked teams (UCF, USF & Memphis), all of which will end up with 10 win regular season records and any of would win our conference hands down. After that, then they have 3 other teams (Houston, Navy & SMU) that would likely win CUSA this season.

Just as absurd in basketball. Any of programs would go to the AAC if offered. I don't see them expanding anytime soon so an offer would likely mean they were raided which would change the landscape. The only downside I'd see is having to move to thier message board. Those guys ain't right.
11-11-2017 09:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.