Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CUSA Tournament Seating Chart
Bookmark and Share
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
[Image: DOOoNpQVQAIYtYB?format=jpg&name=small]

Saw this on a tweet last night and I’m not in agreement with the setup. The regular seats will be behind the basket. Not a good view for a basketball game. The premium seats on the floor will be chairs or some type of removable bleachers. Not comfortable either way. Why couldn’t they set up the court in the other direction. Am I the only one overreacting?
11-10-2017 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
RE: CUSA Tournament Seating Chart
Because we are CUSA and we don't do a darn thing right.
11-10-2017 01:31 PM
eagle04 Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
(11-10-2017 01:31 PM)TTT Wrote:  Because we are CUSA and we don't do a darn thing right.

When in doubt about anything CUSA does, reference this post.
11-10-2017 02:02 PM
Monarchist13 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Honestly, this is just more evidence that we picked the wrong site. If they arranged the court the way OP is suggesting, the angle would be better but the court would be even further away for those sitting in the sideline seats. We really should have split the mens and womens into two different cities and picked an actual bball arena. But I guess we need to learn everything the hard way in CUSA.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 02:08 PM by Monarchist13.)
11-10-2017 02:07 PM
ODUCoach Online
Heisman

(11-10-2017 02:07 PM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  We really should have split the mens and womens into two different cities and picked an actual bball arena. But I guess we need to learn everything the hard way in CUSA.

Judy was afraid the battery in her Power Wheels Jeep wouldn’t be strong enough to get her back and forth between two cities.
11-10-2017 02:12 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WKU
So a basketball court is 31 yards long and a football field is 53 yards wide and add in 20 yards for 2 sidelines for a total of 73 yards to hold a 33 yard basketball court (counting goal support). That means GA tickets you are sitting 20 yards away from one end of the court and 1/2 of a football field from the other end.

Or other words about the worse seat in any arena....at the top of the section sitting behind the goal

Which would not be a problem at most tourney's..you just move to a open seat and there are many many many of those. But I bet they will have yellow shirts checking tickets and directing you to your seats. So will the sideline seats just be all game seating or walk up by the game? With those tickets being institutional I say all game tickets. So $125 to $150...

Don't know why they couldn't have put the courts ass to ass starting in the endzone. You go from the endzone to the 25 yard line. That's 105 feet to fit a 91 ft court. So you still have 50 yards between the courts. Then use the side lines as seating and drop a curtain on the other side and put in side line seats. Put the bands on the end by the endzone.

To me that makes more sense but I guess they had their reasons for they way they did it.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 02:38 PM by WKUYG.)
11-10-2017 02:35 PM
Advertisement

NorthTexan95 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: North Texas
You guys are looking at this wrong. This is a good setup for the games.

Looks like the majority of seating sold through the schools will be in the grey "Institutional Use Only" section. That's great incentive for fans to purchase through the schools. The only people setting in the green bleachers will be those who bought tickets outside of the schools. Considering how few people actually attend the tournament there will be very few people in those seats.

Secondly, you can pack all the fans on one side of the court, set up the TV camera on the other side, and get the best looking crowd possible for television.
11-10-2017 02:43 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
(11-10-2017 02:43 PM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  You guys are looking at this wrong. This is a good setup for the games.

Looks like the majority of seating sold through the schools will be in the grey "Institutional Use Only" section. That's great incentive for fans to purchase through the schools. The only people setting in the green bleachers will be those who bought tickets outside of the schools. Considering how few people actually attend the tournament there will be very few people in those seats.

Secondly, you can pack all the fans on one side of the court, set up the TV camera on the other side, and get the best looking crowd possible for television.

If this is true then it’s not a bad idea. I understood institutional use as maybe reserved seating for media, bands, or other school personnel. If those seats will be available though each individual university then I like it.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 02:52 PM by JCMiner.)
11-10-2017 02:51 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2017 02:43 PM)NorthTexan95 Wrote:  You guys are looking at this wrong. This is a good setup for the games.

That only if you buy a all session ticket. Western does not sell tickets by the game. So why would anyone pay $150 x ever how many is in your group. Myself it will be 2 if you are leaving when your team loses? First round $50 vs $300. 2nd round $100 vs $300. 3rd round $150 vs $300.

Even with all packed into one side you are talking 300-500 fans TOPS unless a local team is playing
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 02:57 PM by WKUYG.)
11-10-2017 02:54 PM
WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-10-2017 02:51 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  

If this is true then it’s not a bad idea. I understood institutional use as maybe reserved seating for media, bands, or other school personnel. If those seats will be available though each individual university then I like it.

Those tickets will most likely be all session tickets. The bands will be on the ends (court level) so the sound wont carry over to the other court
11-10-2017 02:55 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
CUSA has gone full retard with this. Atta girl, Judy!
11-10-2017 05:37 PM
Advertisement

hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
Putting this tournament at a football field with a curtain down the middle remains an incredibly stupid decision. What a joke.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2017 06:10 PM by hooverblazer.)
11-10-2017 06:10 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Thank you La tech fans
11-10-2017 06:47 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
No one has mentioned in this thread that TWO GAMES WILL BE GOING ON SIMULTANEOUSLY, like CUSA is some kind of church youth basketball league. This is the biggest joke this conference could ever come up with. And that is after years of topping itself with joke after joke.
11-10-2017 09:01 PM
Murray007 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-10-2017 09:01 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  No one has mentioned in this thread that TWO GAMES WILL BE GOING ON SIMULTANEOUSLY, like CUSA is some kind of church youth basketball league. This is the biggest joke this conference could ever come up with. And that is after years of topping itself with joke after joke.

Wait.... Seriously?

That has to be a joke.
11-10-2017 09:03 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/o...1568c.html

Quote:Since the league's men's and women's tournaments run concurrently, the host site must provide multiple courts to handle the event. The Ford Center can be split into two courts, allowing for multiple games to be played at the same time.
11-10-2017 09:08 PM
Advertisement

TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
So... if the game on court B sucks, can you walk over to the game on court A to watch that game???
11-11-2017 05:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
owl at the moon Offline
Eastern Screech Owl

I Root For: rice,smu,uh,unt
Looks good. The orientation is so you can still have a sight line to the court from the cheep seets. And from the right vantage point watch both games at once on “split screen”. Buy seats thru your school and you’ll be up close when your team’s playing. Will be interesting to see if the reseat the institutional seats per game.
11-11-2017 08:41 AM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

All session seats aren't great for TV because people leave once their team is eliminated anyway. None of this will matter anyway because until the tourney is in a centrally located destination city it will only draw 2000 or less. Nashville or Charlotte are the only cities we should ever consider.
11-11-2017 09:15 AM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(11-11-2017 09:15 AM)monarx Wrote:  All session seats aren't great for TV because people leave once their team is eliminated anyway. None of this will matter anyway because until the tourney is in a centrally located destination city it will only draw 2000 or less. Nashville or Charlotte are the only cities we should ever consider.

Birmingham was centrally located, just not for your school. This is not a conference that should worry about central locations and I would think we should all be aware of that.
11-11-2017 09:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.