Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are we happy now?
Bookmark and Share
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
Are we happy now?
How are we feeling today about CMU football?

I'm not sure how good this team really is. What I do know is:

1) We've been better than our opponents in 6 out of 10 games this season. I like that.
2) We have the cannon trophy and the Michigan MAC trophy. I like that.
3) We have a shot at 8-9 wins this season. I like that.
4) Instead of falling apart as the season progresses, we're playing pretty solid football down the stretch. It isn't perfect football or even close to it, but we look like we know what we're doing a lot of the time. I like that.

If we hadn't come back to beat the cows in kalamacrappity, I think most CMU fans/alums would be calling for Bono's head. I know I would be. Speaking for myself only, I need to see more before I can get TOO excited, but the last couple weeks has been pretty sweet. Always nice to beat worstin, and losses to shitbird state should only happen once every 5 years or so.

Thoughts?
11-09-2017 10:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
RE: Are we happy now?
Arrows, I agree with most of what you said, but still upset with the conservatism (prevent) offensively and defensively. I acknowledge the 5 picks, but it seemed like LEASTern would get critical first downs, and we basically gave them two TDs (one running - poor tackling, and another passing - blown coverage). This kind of sh!t will get you killed in a bowl game! Morris, blows hot and cold --- he's a average MAC quarterback at best --- way over-rated coming out of high school. I'll be happy when he's finished. Defense wins games, and CMU (and the MAC) simply doesn't have a skilled defense. The days of CMU defenses (with Ray Bentley and Robert Jackson) appear to be long gone.
11-09-2017 11:23 AM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(11-09-2017 10:50 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  How are we feeling today about CMU football?

1) We've been better than our opponents in 6 out of 10 games this season. I like that.
4) Instead of falling apart as the season progresses, we're playing pretty solid football down the stretch. It isn't perfect football or even close to it, but we look like we know what we're doing a lot of the time. I like that.

If we hadn't come back to beat the cows in kalamacrappity, I think most CMU fans/alums would be calling for Bono's head. I know I would be. Speaking for myself only, I need to see more before I can get TOO excited, but the last couple weeks has been pretty sweet. Always nice to beat worstin, and losses to shitbird state should only happen once every 5 years or so.

Thoughts?

Very happy. 04-cheers As frustrating as it was to watch EMU come storming back late, I think most of us knew that this would be a close game. No one has blown EMU out this season (when was the last time you could say THAT?). We need to learn better how to handle a lead / maintain intensity for four quarters, certainly.
11-09-2017 11:23 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
5 picks, including 2 pick 6's (by a 5th yr Sr no less)..............you're welcome! Handed that one to you on a silver platter.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 11:28 AM by EagleTough.)
11-09-2017 11:25 AM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
(11-09-2017 11:23 AM)CMichFan Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 10:50 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  How are we feeling today about CMU football?

Thoughts?

Very happy. 04-cheers As frustrating as it was to watch EMU come storming back late, I think most of us knew that this would be a close game. No one has blown EMU out this season (when was the last time you could say THAT?). We need to learn better how to handle a lead / maintain intensity for four quarters, certainly.

That's right, when you have your foot on your opponent's neck YOU LEAVE IT THERE until the clock reads 00.00!!!
11-09-2017 11:27 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
(11-09-2017 11:25 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  5 picks, including 2 pick 6's (by a 5th yr Sr no less)..............you're welcome! Same crap we've done all year. Good luck rest of the way.

I actually thought he played better than Morris. I also thought he was playing with an undisclosed injury. Vann was a beast at times, and our offensive line couldn't keep Kevin Spacey out of the backfield!
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 11:35 AM by CHIPPEWA ENEMA.)
11-09-2017 11:29 AM
EagleTough Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
(11-09-2017 11:29 AM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 11:25 AM)EagleTough Wrote:  5 picks, including 2 pick 6's (by a 5th yr Sr no less)..............you're welcome! Same crap we've done all year. Good luck rest of the way.

I actually thought he played better than Morris. I also thought he was playing with an undisclosed injury. Vann was a beast at times, and our offensive line couldn't keep Kevin Spacey out of the backfield!

Better than Morris.....you're kidding right? He had 5 picks, and handed you guys 14 points. Even with all the nonsense, he had the ball back again with a chance to win it at the end, and he throws a 5 yard pass to a double covered receiver that is returned for a TD! 03-lmfao That play was our season in a nutshell.

Morris is mediocre at best, but at least he didn't turn the ball over, and he completed a couple big passes in the first half when our defense came out half asleep (which they hadn't done all year).

Like CMU, and the rest of the MAC, our success or failure next year will rely on our finding a legit QB replacement. Right now it looks like Ohio is in the best position next year, with Nathan Rourke returning.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 01:12 PM by EagleTough.)
11-09-2017 01:03 PM
Advertisement

CMichFan Offline

Crappies
Morris has gone at least three games now without throwing an interception. He also seems to have finally learned to put some touch on his passes. He's not without his flaws, but he definitely is improving.

As to next season...if Poljan really was neck-and-neck with Morris into late fall drills, then we could have another good QB next season, one with potentially more upside. I'm a little concerned about all the outgoing talent at WR/TE, though.
11-09-2017 01:16 PM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
Wouldn’t say I’m happy, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

Would like to see Poljan get some legitimate time at QB in the next game. Hopefully that can happen if they jump on Kent and get out to a large lead. That would help with the QB transition next year.

All these two games have shown me is that the team hasn’t quit on this staff and that they are getting more comfortable with the new OC this year and his system.

But if they go to another bowl game and get blown out again, people are going to be grumbling again...
11-09-2017 04:45 PM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

Winning a bowl game is pretty high on my wish list. Last year... 03-puke
11-10-2017 07:25 AM
Advertisement

CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Winning a bowl game and wondering where Dan Enos will be working next year are VERY high on my wish list.
11-10-2017 09:13 AM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

We know he won't be working at CMU! 02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana
11-10-2017 09:29 AM
Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
(11-10-2017 09:29 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  We know he won't be working at CMU! 02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

Dave Heeke and Arizona are interested...01-wingedeagle
11-10-2017 05:57 PM
Advertisement

george14 Offline
1st String

(11-09-2017 01:16 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Morris has gone at least three games now without throwing an interception. He also seems to have finally learned to put some touch on his passes. He's not without his flaws, but he definitely is improving.

As to next season...if Poljan really was neck-and-neck with Morris into late fall drills, then we could have another good QB next season, one with potentially more upside. I'm a little concerned about all the outgoing talent at WR/TE, though.

Next year could end up being a problem considering Chapman, Willis, and Conklin are all gone. We will be breaking in a new QB as well. We do return Ward, Ross, and Gwilly which is nice, but at WR we will be hurting.

Childress, Hessbrook, Cooper, and Cole. Meh....
11-13-2017 11:26 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
(11-13-2017 11:26 AM)george14 Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 01:16 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  Morris has gone at least three games now without throwing an interception. He also seems to have finally learned to put some touch on his passes. He's not without his flaws, but he definitely is improving.

Next year could end up being a problem considering Chapman, Willis, and Conklin are all gone. We will be breaking in a new QB as well. We do return Ward, Ross, and Gwilly which is nice, but at WR we will be hurting.

Childress, Hessbrook, Cooper, and Cole. Meh....

I thought about this as well, but you know what? We were picked to finish 5th in the West! What does anyone truly know until the product is on the field? I've heard talk about some of the younger guys (receivers) that may surprise a lot of people. ALWAYS A CHIPPEWA!
11-13-2017 05:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.