Countdown To Kickoff:
Season Tickets

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Opinions Vary on Potential UAB vs. Memphis Rivalry Bowl Game in Birmingham
Bookmark and Share
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Opinions Vary on Potential UAB vs. Memphis Rivalry Bowl Game in Birmingham
11-07-2017 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Memphis Blazer Offline
Lifelong member of the general public

I Root For: Acts grown old

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Opinions Vary on Potential UAB vs. Memphis Rivalry Bowl Game in Birmingham
Memphis is playing so well right now, I don't think they are going to the Bham bowl. I see them winning out and going to the Peach Bowl.
11-07-2017 04:41 PM
BirminghamJoseph2770 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Birmingham
Suggesting UAB makes a Bowl and the Schedule has them making a bowl game with no more wins with what they have. What would be the reward. Poll the Players, Coaches and Fans. Where would they like to go and where would the fans travel too. If you want to get a hotel and show the city, theirs plenty to do. I would think the players would like to play in another place and would think the coaches and their wives would like to get a reward for the non show of their work, I would think that their are many fans that would like to take a trip of the reward to somewhere else, I, Think we would get more fans in Birmingham then anywhere else. so where is the answer.
11-07-2017 04:59 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(11-07-2017 04:41 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Memphis is playing so well right now, I don't think they are going to the Bham bowl. I see them winning out and going to the Peach Bowl.

Leaning towards that being the case as well
11-07-2017 05:03 PM

Big Dee Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The U, UaB
I wouldn't make or take any projection serious at this point. I would only think it's fun because we hadn't really had the chance to do it. I'll be happy with any bowl game that wants us. More concerned with injuries at the moment.

That said I'm back looking at recruiting, think I see some possible blueshirts on the horizon potentially.
11-07-2017 05:08 PM
BlazrDawg Offline
Heisman

(11-07-2017 05:08 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  I wouldn't make or take any projection serious at this point. I would only think it's fun because we hadn't really had the chance to do it. I'll be happy with any bowl game that wants us. More concerned with injuries at the moment.

That said I'm back looking at recruiting, think I see some possible blueshirts on the horizon potentially.

Educate me please: whats a blueshirt?
11-07-2017 05:14 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

(11-07-2017 05:08 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  I wouldn't make or take any projection serious at this point. I would only think it's fun because we hadn't really had the chance to do it. I'll be happy with any bowl game that wants us. More concerned with injuries at the moment.

Bowl projections are some of the easiest to predict so I don't totally agree.
11-07-2017 05:23 PM

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-07-2017 05:14 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  

Blueshirting is a way for programs to get around the 25 yearly scholarship limit. Basically you can put an incoming freshman on scholarship when they officially enroll for the fall but count them against next years recruiting class as long as he wasn't technically a recruit, meaning he didnt take an official visit and was not offered a letter of intent from your school, and didnt sign one with anyone else. I believe the player has to redshirt his freshman year as well.
11-07-2017 05:23 PM
2nd String

(11-07-2017 04:41 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  Memphis is playing so well right now, I don't think they are going to the Bham bowl. I see them winning out and going to the Peach Bowl.

If Memphis plays like they did against UConn, I would say your right. Do they have a new stadium yet.
11-07-2017 05:24 PM
2nd String

(11-07-2017 05:23 PM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 05:14 PM)BlazrDawg Wrote:  

Blueshirting is a way for programs to get around the 25 yearly scholarship limit. Basically you can put an incoming freshman on scholarship when they officially enroll for the fall but count them against next years recruiting class as long as he wasn't technically a recruit, meaning he didnt take an official visit and was not offered a letter of intent from your school, and didnt sign one with anyone else. I believe the player has to redshirt his freshman year as well.

So, It counts against next years totals, well that's good, if you can't get a player for next year right.
11-07-2017 05:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.