Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Need a NMSU football thread on this board!
Bookmark and Share
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Fresno State
Need a NMSU football thread on this board!
For petesake, win two out of three down the stretch and you're bowl eligible. And two of those games are at Las Cruces. It appears highly doable to me.

Beat both your rivals this year too. I can't hardly remember a better year for Raggies football.

Are you guys pumped?

How you feeling about getting two out of three?

Are you a lock for a bowl if you qualify?

Would the New Mexico Bowl be able to accommodate you regardless of conference tie ins?
11-07-2017 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
RE: Need a NMSU football thread on this board!
Most of us are pretty pumped up, but hesitant. Yes those three games are winnable, but we have seen the Aggies melt down before. It would be a great day for the university if we go 6-6, or 7-5. Depending on how Georgia State and Louisiana Lafayette do, we would either be 4th or 5th to qualify.

As for where we would play, most likely the Nova Arizona Bowl. Coincidentally there are some places that predict us to go up against Fresno State in that game.
11-07-2017 02:30 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-07-2017 02:30 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  Most of us are pretty pumped up, but hesitant. Yes those three games are winnable, but we have seen the Aggies melt down before. It would be a great day for the university if we go 6-6, or 7-5. Depending on how Georgia State and Louisiana Lafayette do, we would either be 4th or 5th to qualify.

As for where we would play, most likely the Nova Arizona Bowl. Coincidentally there are some places that predict us to go up against Fresno State in that game.

This^^^^^^^
11-07-2017 02:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoosHouse Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UMKC
I read you guys are the longest team without a bowl. Hope this changes.
11-07-2017 02:58 PM
RobtheAggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
(11-07-2017 02:58 PM)RoosHouse Wrote:  I read you guys are the longest team without a bowl. Hope this changes.

So do we all, so do we all.
11-07-2017 03:26 PM
dancingNMSUaggie Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
Hardcore Aggie fans are super excited but cautious. Most of Las Cruces is taking the I'll believe it when I see it approach to it since Aggie football has sucked for so long. However, we have a QB in the top 5 in passing yards in FBS football and probably one of the best receiving crew in college football.
11-07-2017 03:38 PM
Advertisement

CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2017 03:38 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  Hardcore Aggie fans are super excited but cautious. Most of Las Cruces is taking the I'll believe it when I see it approach to it since Aggie football has sucked for so long. However, we have a QB in the top 5 in passing yards in FBS football and probably one of the best receiving crew in college football.

Good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on it the rest of your season. Hope it breaks your way.
11-07-2017 04:57 PM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2017 03:38 PM)dancingNMSUaggie Wrote:  Hardcore Aggie fans are super excited but cautious. Most of Las Cruces is taking the I'll believe it when I see it approach to it since Aggie football has sucked for so long. However, we have a QB in the top 5 in passing yards in FBS football and probably one of the best receiving crew in college football.

What's the qb's story? Where's he from?
11-07-2017 10:14 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-07-2017 10:14 PM)CPslograd Wrote:  

Tyler Rogers is from Peoria AZ. He was a JUCO transfer with NMSU being his only D1 offer. Played alright his first year. Got injured his second year so we were able to get a medical red shirt. Played a good amount last season but had some injuries as well. His senior year he really took off. The guy is great at throwing the ball, but he makes some really bad decisions especially under presser or if he was hit earlier in the game. Last season he threw 5 interceptions in a game against Troy, this season he beat that with 6 interceptions against App St. He has 23 TDs this season and 15 interceptions. It really helps that he has a great receiving corps this year headed by 6' 6" WR Jaleel Scott. The guy is averaging around 354 passing yards a game, with a 61.4% completion percentage. There are games where he throws to 11 different receivers. He is either damn good or very bad. There are very few games where he is mediocre. He had his best game of his career last week against Texas St. with 474 yards, no interceptions and 3 TDs. If he can play just as good for the next three games we will go bowling.
11-08-2017 12:30 AM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2017 12:30 AM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  

Tyler Rogers is from Peoria AZ. He was a JUCO transfer with NMSU being his only D1 offer. Played alright his first year. Got injured his second year so we were able to get a medical red shirt. Played a good amount last season but had some injuries as well. His senior year he really took off. The guy is great at throwing the ball, but he makes some really bad decisions especially under presser or if he was hit earlier in the game. Last season he threw 5 interceptions in a game against Troy, this season he beat that with 6 interceptions against App St. He has 23 TDs this season and 15 interceptions. It really helps that he has a great receiving corps this year headed by 6' 6" WR Jaleel Scott. The guy is averaging around 354 passing yards a game, with a 61.4% completion percentage. There are games where he throws to 11 different receivers. He is either damn good or very bad. There are very few games where he is mediocre. He had his best game of his career last week against Texas St. with 474 yards, no interceptions and 3 TDs. If he can play just as good for the next three games we will go bowling.

Thanks.

I just looked at your schedule for next year, not bad for being thrown together at the last minute.

I'm pretty interested in the Indy thing. Obviously it needs to be short term, but I think you will find it's not all bad. When CSUB moved up, they were Indy. And it's really hard, although I don't think it's as bad for football as for other sports, especially basketball where you get locked out of the tourney and tourney money.

With Mitchell, Konya, Kernan, and Barnes, the roadrunners had strong leadership to get through it. And some of it was actually pretty cool, you can get some fun scheduling matchups when not tied to a league, and the team and fans find other motivators besides winning the conference.

Anyon know if liberty counts as fbs for scheduling purposes next year.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 08:12 PM by CPslograd.)
11-08-2017 08:08 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2017 08:08 PM)CPslograd Wrote:  

Thanks.

I just looked at your schedule for next year, not bad for being thrown together at the last minute.

I'm pretty interested in the Indy thing. Obviously it needs to be short term, but I think you will find it's not all bad. When CSUB moved up, they were Indy. And it's really hard, although I don't think it's as bad for football as for other sports, especially basketball where you get locked out of the tourney and tourney money.

With Mitchell, Konya, Kernan, and Barnes, the roadrunners had strong leadership to get through it. And some of it was actually pretty cool, you can get some fun scheduling matchups when not tied to a league, and the team and fans find other motivators besides winning the conference.

We are hoping that after a year or two of being independent that either the MWC or CUSA will invite us. Hell, maybe the WAC will bring back football some day. We are using the 2019 season as a money season by playing Washington St. Alabama, and Ole Miss for around $3.9 million.

As for Liberty, they will be FBS next season. We are playing 1 FCS team in 2018. This is the first time since 2013 we have been able to schedule one. We have a decent schedule next year, but not so much in 2019.
11-08-2017 08:35 PM
Advertisement

CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

Liberty being able to force their way into fbs is a big deal for nmsu or any fcs school with future fbs aspirations. It sets a precedent. A good precedent.
11-08-2017 08:58 PM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

(11-08-2017 08:35 PM)NeptunianEmp Wrote:  
(11-08-2017 08:08 PM)CPslograd Wrote:  

Thanks.

We are hoping that after a year or two of being independent that either the MWC or CUSA will invite us. Hell, maybe the WAC will bring back football some day. We are using the 2019 season as a money season by playing Washington St. Alabama, and Ole Miss for around $3.9 million.

As for Liberty, they will be FBS next season. We are playing 1 FCS team in 2018. This is the first time since 2013 we have been able to schedule one. We have a decent schedule next year, but not so much in 2019.

The scheduling can vary dramatically as an Indy. When csub moved up they almost played a big west basketball schedule. It made sense, it was a cheap, easy travel, and date flexible game that was easy to schedule.

Then csub hired Barnes and started waxing the big west teams. All of the sudden the big west stopped scheduling them after that.
11-08-2017 09:03 PM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

I don't think the MWC would be good for nmsu to be honest. I think the sunbelt would be very good for nmsu. Or the MAC (except for the geography). Or a hypothetical fbs league with the Montana schools, Davis, and Poly.

I just don't know if nmsu has the location and athletic budget to compete in football in the mwc. Please don't take that as an insult, because it's not. I feel the same way about my alma mater. I'm not really interested in big sky football (I'd feel differently about big west football, even if it was fcs). And I'd also be interested in fbs for Poly at the MAC or Sunbelt budget level.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 09:22 PM by CPslograd.)
11-08-2017 09:21 PM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
NMSU is one win away from a possible Arizona Bowl invite. Host South Alabama in Las Cruces next Saturday.
11-25-2017 07:37 PM
CountDooku Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UCLA, WAC
If the Aggies get that 6th win (and hopefully ULL loses against App to prevent the SB from screwing NMSU one last time), I hope they get Wyoming in the Zona Bowl. They played horribly against SJSU today and may be the weakest MW team to get that crucial 7th win.
11-26-2017 12:27 AM
Advertisement

NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

(11-26-2017 12:27 AM)AUCLABrigadier Wrote:  If the Aggies get that 6th win (and hopefully ULL loses against App to prevent the SB from screwing NMSU one last time), I hope they get Wyoming in the Zona Bowl. They played horribly against SJSU today and may be the weakest MW team to get that crucial 7th win.

Good experience for us if we play Wyoming in the Arizona Bowl. We play them first in 2018.
11-26-2017 12:38 AM
FINALFOUR1970SWEETSIXTEEN1992 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NMSU Aggies
(11-26-2017 12:27 AM)AUCLABrigadier Wrote:  If the Aggies get that 6th win (and hopefully ULL loses against App to prevent the SB from screwing NMSU one last time), I hope they get Wyoming in the Zona Bowl. They played horribly against SJSU today and may be the weakest MW team to get that crucial 7th win.

The Arizona Bowl picks who they invite. No way they pick Louisiana over NMSU. Las Cruces is only a four hour drive to Tucson.
11-26-2017 02:02 AM
Stugray2 Online
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
Attendance is a big issue now, it will likely get worse as an Indy. The only game people care about is the UTEP/UNM home game.

https://twitter.com/JPGroves/status/934617850827890688

Jason Groves‏ @JPGroves
Official attendance for football tonight was 21,894. That included the 17,000 single game tickets bought from NM State Properties... Was told they bought approximately 15,000 for next week's game to help nmsu reach NCAA mandate
7:00 PM - 25 Nov 2017 from University Park, NM
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2017 02:00 PM by Stugray2.)
11-26-2017 01:59 PM
CPslograd Offline
Special Teams

One more Raggies
11-26-2017 02:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.