Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

If the DNC lose Virginia's government...
Curumim Online
1st String

I Root For: Navy
It would be really unfortunate for them. New Jersey is also up for grabs and, because of the Menendez scandal, the new governor may choose a new senator for the state in the future.

An interesting day in America.

Quote:It's a race that's had everything.

The Virginia governor's contest is testing the volatile politics of immigration, race, security, and Trumpism's appeal in a big battleground state – livened up by imagery that's ranged from torches in Charlottesville to Confederate monuments to athletes taking a knee.

For Democrats in particular, everything seems to be on the line. It's the kind of race in the kind of state with the kind of candidate that the Democrats simply need to win, both to show that they can and to govern through the next round of redistricting.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/note-trum...d=50980024

Sent from my SM-N910C using CSNbbs mobile app
11-07-2017 08:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
RE: If the DNC lose Virginia's government...
LOL at ABC trying to sell Virginia as a bellwether for 2018. Fake news.
11-07-2017 08:49 AM
Curumim Online
1st String

(11-07-2017 08:49 AM)Kronke Wrote:  LOL at ABC trying to sell Virginia as a bellwether for 2018. Fake news.
Yep. The dems are losing really bad. =S

11-07-2017 09:03 AM
Kronke Offline
Banned

(11-07-2017 09:03 AM)Curumim Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 08:49 AM)Kronke Wrote:  LOL at ABC trying to sell Virginia as a bellwether for 2018. Fake news.
Yep. The dems are losing really bad. =S

They've been trying to fit that square peg into a round hole for going on a year now -- Montana, South Carolina, Kansas, and Georgia (#FlipThe6th). They finally arrived at an election in a blue state where it will work. Shameless.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 09:20 AM by Kronke.)
11-07-2017 09:11 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
I'm here on business and man you want to talk about negative campaigning. If the Dems don't win this race here convincingly, the DNC has big time issues
11-07-2017 09:40 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Voted this morning. We shall see............
11-07-2017 09:45 AM
Advertisement

Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
I have multiple friends on facebook that tell me they are going to vote for Gillespie based on that dispicable add Northam ran. You know the one where it showed the pickup with the Trump supporter trying to mow down minority kids. People are pissed off for sure. That could be the deplorable comment of this election.
11-07-2017 04:04 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(11-07-2017 04:44 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 04:04 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I have multiple friends on facebook that tell me they are going to vote for Gillespie based on that dispicable add Northam ran. You know the one where it showed the pickup with the Trump supporter trying to mow down minority kids. People are pissed off for sure. That could be the deplorable comment of this election.
Northam didn't run or endorse that ad.

That said, it's wild to think anyone could make a single ad THE thing that decides their vote...and yet people do. I totally get disagreeing with a candidate based on your principles... but to not vote for someone, or change your vote, based on ONE ad that's not even from the candidate's campaign (instead of voting based on actual issues)...that's insane.

His campaign gave that Latino whatever it was group an in kind contribution of about 70k right when it started to run. They then lied about it. Funny thing about election financial statements
11-07-2017 04:50 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-07-2017 04:04 PM)Old Blue Wrote:  I have multiple friends on facebook that tell me they are going to vote for Gillespie based on that dispicable add Northam ran. You know the one where it showed the pickup with the Trump supporter trying to mow down minority kids. People are pissed off for sure. That could be the deplorable comment of this election.

That said, it's wild to think anyone could make a single ad THE thing that decides their vote...and yet people do. I totally get disagreeing with a candidate based on your principles... but to not vote for someone, or change your vote, based on ONE ad that's not even from the candidate's campaign (instead of voting based on actual issues)...that's insane.

Sorry to disappoint you, Smudge, but you can count me among the insane.

That kind of discourse has no place in American politics. Unlike Gillespie, who disavowed the Charlottesville scum before they marched, Northam sat mute and let the nasty comments made on his behalf turn rancid.
11-07-2017 06:00 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/...nials.html

Quote:Virginia gubernatorial candidate Ralph Northam’s campaign is being accused of playing a role in a controversial ad that was pulled last week, as disclosure forms reveal ties to the political group behind the incendiary commercial – though the Democrat’s campaign denies it.

Quote:Northam distanced his campaign from the ad, telling WAVY-TV, "That commercial did not come from our campaign. It certainly is not a commercial that I would have wanted to run."

But disclosure forms suggest the Northam campaign may have been involved, as the Northam campaign reported a $62,729.60 "in-kind" contribution in the form of "media" from the Latino Victory Fund shortly after the ad came out. Under Virginia law, a media contribution is "in-kind" only if the campaign worked with the outside group on the ad.

Quote:"...the candidate or an agent of the candidate's campaign committee must have either expressly requested or suggested... that the expenditure be made," a Virginia government guidebook describing the law reads, "or... have material involvement in devising the strategy, content, means of dissemination, or timing of the expenditure."

So take your pick....either he lied about his campaign's involvement with the ad or his campaign lied on a legal form.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 06:11 PM by Kaplony.)
11-07-2017 06:10 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
A local GOP candidate for a state senator race about 10 years ago likely lost beca use of a 3rd party ad attacking his opponents sexual orientation.

Those ads can really backfire
11-07-2017 06:31 PM
Advertisement

Curumim Online
1st String

Polls closed. Good luck to both teams.

11-07-2017 07:05 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom

Yea, he did.

Campaign signed off or backed it or whatever the vernacular is.
Do the Google
11-07-2017 07:08 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane

Lets see if they sell Roy Moore in Alabama as one. 03-lmfao
11-07-2017 07:09 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(11-07-2017 04:50 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

His campaign gave that Latino whatever it was group an in kind contribution of about 70k right when it started to run. They then lied about it. Funny thing about election financial statements

Yea. This.

And to think it’s “insane”?!?

No, it’s not.

Speaks very directly to the disdain and hostility with which he, as governor, would view nearly 50% of the electorate.

Eff him.
11-07-2017 07:12 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

(11-07-2017 06:08 PM)smudge12 Wrote:  
(11-07-2017 06:00 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

Sorry to disappoint you, Smudge, but you can count me among the insane.

That kind of discourse has no place in American politics. Unlike Gillespie, who disavowed the Charlottesville scum before they marched, Northam sat mute and let the nasty comments made on his behalf turn rancid.
It's been an ugly campaign, but that (third-party) ad is only the worst of some pretty bad ads. Gillespie definitely had the worst official campaign ads.

I can see not voting for Northam based on his policies, but the man is still a former army officer and pediatrician...by all accounts has lived a fairly good life as a human being...no skeletons in the closet or anything.

It's your choice, but I do genuinely think it's silly to change your views based on ONE ad compared to an entire life lived, or the actual policies proposed.

Yea, his open borders, sanctuary and Medicaid expansion policies suck too.

Ad was just the kicker.
11-07-2017 07:14 PM
Advertisement

Curumim Online
1st String

Fake News WaPo showing infographics about how the gender and racial groups are voting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/...7a7322518c

11-07-2017 07:33 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Looks like Northam (D) is going to win
11-07-2017 07:42 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

LOL, why am I seeing the hashtag #FlipVABlue?

I can't wait for #FlipBamaRed and #FlipTheSipp.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2017 07:48 PM by Kronke.)
11-07-2017 07:44 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
19% in. Gillespie up by one point.
11-07-2017 07:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.