Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Exhibition in Chapel Hill
Bookmark and Share
billthebighawksfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNCW
Exhibition in Chapel Hill
Hawks win 2 out of 3. Hawks played the starters against UNCG and started backups against ECU and won both but they were close. Hawks lost to UNC in the final by double figures. Apparently UNC got hot and were mad about losing to UNCG. Richmond didn't play due to injury so the Hawks were down a starter. ECU is without their starting PG and another wing due to suspension. Estime and Gary hit some 3's and Talley stepped up. Not bad. Hawks should be competitive in most games this year. They did get more boards than UNCG and ECU so that's encouraging.
11-05-2017 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

70shawk Offline
1st String

I Root For: Claflin
RE: Exhibition in Chapel Hill
(11-05-2017 06:24 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Hawks win 2 out of 3. Hawks played the starters against UNCG and started backups against ECU and won both but they were close. Hawks lost to UNC in the final by double figures. Apparently UNC got hot and were mad about losing to UNCG. Richmond didn't play due to injury so the Hawks were down a starter. ECU is without their starting PG and another wing due to suspension. Estime and Gary hit some 3's and Talley stepped up. Not bad. Hawks should be competitive in most games this year. They did get more boards than UNCG and ECU so that's encouraging.

Nice intel, Bill
11-05-2017 07:09 PM
1st String

Elmore didn't play either...must still be hurting with his knees (I think that's his issue). He could have really helped out as we need to roll 4 bigs.
11-05-2017 07:17 PM
70shawk Offline
1st String

First Report: Tar Heel Jamboree

[Image: 7820295.jpg]

Period 6 – UNC vs. UNCW
Williams switched up his starting five yet again in his team’s third and final period, rolling out a small lineup with Felton, Williams, Johnson, Pinson and Maye. The grouping forced tempo from the tip, scoring in transition on its first two possessions. UNC was also able to utilize its fullcourt press with the small lineup.

Pinson held his own in the post on the defensive end, while showcasing his playmaking ability on the other end, finding Johnson on back-to-back possessions for 3-pointers to push UNC’s lead to 17-11.

Williams switched back to a traditional lineup with his first full substitution, playing Woods, Platek, Robinson, Huffman and Miller together. The energy remained, however, as UNC eventually stretched its lead to 34-17 with two minutes to play.

The Tar Heels topped the Seahawks, 38-22, by shooting 65.2 percent from the floor, including 83.3 percent from long range (5-of-6). Johnson led UNC with eight points on 3-of-3 shooting, while Maye and Platek both added six points.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2017 07:59 PM by 70shawk.)
11-05-2017 07:45 PM

1st String

Exhibition highlights. Gary can really shoot it appears and Estime can stroke as well. They have 4 years of eligibility left.

https://twitter.com/uncwmenshoops?ref_sr...r%5Eauthor
11-05-2017 08:01 PM
70shawk Offline
1st String

11-05-2017 08:30 PM
1st String

Here's the other one. Pretty good screening action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBdi-7yr...e=youtu.be
11-05-2017 09:17 PM

CoastGuardHawk06 Offline
Chief Warrant Officer of the Board

Yeah. I find it incredibly hard to believe that we lost to App by 15, after these results.
11-05-2017 09:33 PM
Seahawkhoops Offline
All American

Looks very solid to me! Shocked UNC lost to UNCG, but, it appears they took it out on us in the last session. Quality scrimmages against teams we will play, and one high level comp. This will certainly help us prepare for the season. Hopefully a good amount of money was raised to help the folks in need!
11-06-2017 08:11 AM
bricksnivy Offline
1st String

I would take very little away from results in the scrimmages. Carolina lost to UNCG, but they also ran a lineup of Walker Miller, Shea Rush, Andrew Platek and Brandon Robinson for a third of the game. I haven't heard how much money was raised, but it was a fun event.

I thought UNCW looked good. Cacok demands everyone's attention. For the fan bases sitting around that weren't familiar with him, they asked "who's number 15?". Almost everything was around the rim for him again, but he did hit a nice 9' jumper. Pinson drew a foul on Cacok as well, but I think he bit off more than he could chew. Pinson (obviously) created the contact to draw a foul on Cacok, but I don't think he anticipated the force he was running into when he made the decision. Cacok is a special kind of athlete.

Carolina force the tempo in game 3. I thought Talley got a little out of control against UNC, but otherwise looked good. Neal hit several three's, but most were created by teammates...just catch and shoot. He missed both attempts that I recall where he pull the ball on the floor. Estime only took one three that I recall, but he has a very good looking stroke.

I saw a competitive CAA team from UNCW. We still have questions at C, but I think we'll compete.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 08:55 AM by bricksnivy.)
11-06-2017 08:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.