Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kevin Spacey: Netflix severs ties amid sex assault allegations, UK Police...
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Kevin Spacey: Netflix severs ties amid sex assault allegations, UK Police...
Quote:Entertainment company Netflix has severed ties with Kevin Spacey, star of its House of Cards show, amid a number of sex assault allegations against him.

Netflix said it would hold talks with the producers to see if production, which was suspended this week, could resume without Spacey.

Netflix also said it would not release Spacey's film about writer Gore Vidal.

Meanwhile, police in the UK have opened an investigation into the American actor over an alleged sexual assault.

A British actor said he had woken up to find Spacey performing a sex act on him in 2008, the Sun newspaper reported. The man is said to have run from the property after Spacey allegedly said: "Don't tell anyone about this."

Spacey said on Thursday he was seeking treatment after facing allegations of sexual misconduct from a string of men.

Netflix suspended production on House of Cards on 31 October following allegations by Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp, who said Spacey had tried to "seduce" him when he was 14.

Spacey said he was "beyond horrified" to hear of the incident, which he said he did not remember.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-41869252

Hollywood is nothing but a House of Cards, Weinstein was the first. We'll see how many fall in his wake.
11-04-2017 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Kevin Spacey: Netflix severs ties amid sex assault allegations, UK Police...
(11-04-2017 11:24 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Entertainment company Netflix has severed ties with Kevin Spacey, star of its House of Cards show, amid a number of sex assault allegations against him.

Netflix said it would hold talks with the producers to see if production, which was suspended this week, could resume without Spacey.

Meanwhile, police in the UK have opened an investigation into the American actor over an alleged sexual assault.

A British actor said he had woken up to find Spacey performing a sex act on him in 2008, the Sun newspaper reported. The man is said to have run from the property after Spacey allegedly said: "Don't tell anyone about this."

Spacey said on Thursday he was seeking treatment after facing allegations of sexual misconduct from a string of men.

Netflix suspended production on House of Cards on 31 October following allegations by Star Trek actor Anthony Rapp, who said Spacey had tried to "seduce" him when he was 14.

Spacey said he was "beyond horrified" to hear of the incident, which he said he did not remember.

Hollywood is nothing but a House of Cards, Weinstein was the first. We'll see how many fall in his wake.

Hollywood is acting appropriately to these claims, and severing ties with these people. I get that you can claim it's been going on too long, and that is inexcusable. It is. But right now, they're showing a willingness to confront this directly that other industries and people need to learn from.
11-04-2017 11:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

RE: Kevin Spacey: Netflix severs ties amid sex assault allegations, UK Police...
(11-04-2017 11:30 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  

Hollywood is acting appropriately to these claims, and severing ties with these people. I get that you can claim it's been going on too long, and that is inexcusable. It is. But right now, they're showing a willingness to confront this directly that other industries and people need to learn from.

Yet Hollywood waited until things got tough for them, before they confronted this issue. They waited until it all came to light. They allowed it to go on for decades. If it had not come out about Weinsein, they would've allowed it to go on longer.
11-04-2017 11:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

B_Hawk06 Offline

I Root For: UNCW / America
(11-04-2017 11:44 AM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  

Yet Hollywood waited until things got tough for them, before they confronted this issue. They waited until it all came to light. They allowed it to go on for decades. If it had not come out about Weinsein, they would've allowed it to go on longer.

I'm also calling BS on this. Especially since so many people have come forward about knowing what a creep bag Kevin Spacey is. "Oh yeah, we know he has a history of creeping on boys and men on his film sites." type comments all over the place.

It's not like NETFLIX came out of nowhere and said, "You know what, this Weinstein stuff inspired us. We're tired of putting up with this guy. We've known he's doing this stuff and we're gonna call him out on it." NOPE.

Still had to wait for someone to be brave and come forward with the accusation, and wait for ADDITIONAL accusers to come forward before they found some morals and decided the pain to their pockets may be significant if they don't cut ties. That's what this is about. They're not finding morals all of a sudden. They're worried that with all these allegations and what appears to be consistent truth to them... that they would take a financial hit by continuing their professional relationship with him. Let's not act like Hollywood is somehow "doing the right thing" now. That's ridiculous.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 02:34 PM by B_Hawk06.)
11-04-2017 12:35 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Are you going to make me point out the POTUS has had decades long allegations of sexual assault, including his first wife claiming he raped her?
11-04-2017 01:23 PM
Advertisement

Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
(11-04-2017 11:30 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Hollywood is acting appropriately to these claims, and severing ties with these people. I get that you can claim it's been going on too long, and that is inexcusable. It is. But right now, they're showing a willingness to confront this directly that other industries and people need to learn from.

Yes, it's wonderful that they're all pedophiles and rapists, and are now in a race to disavow one another in attempt to skirt the scandal.

Are you freakin' serious? 01-wingedeagle
11-04-2017 02:32 PM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
Isn't pedophilia a crime? Is the LAPD making any effort to investigate this?
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 03:28 PM by bubbapt.)
11-04-2017 03:27 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2017 02:32 PM)Kronke Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 11:30 AM)UCF08 Wrote:  Hollywood is acting appropriately to these claims, and severing ties with these people. I get that you can claim it's been going on too long, and that is inexcusable. It is. But right now, they're showing a willingness to confront this directly that other industries and people need to learn from.

Yes, it's wonderful that they're all pedophiles and rapists, and are now in a race to disavow one another in attempt to skirt the scandal.

Are you freakin' serious? 01-wingedeagle

Never said it was wonderful, never even praised it at all, just said they are showing the appropriate response right now. And we both know there are issues like this in all sorts of industries outside of Hollywood, and they are content to STILL sweep it under the rug.
11-04-2017 03:28 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

(11-04-2017 01:23 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

Are you going to make me point out the POTUS has had decades long allegations of sexual assault, including his first wife claiming he raped her?

Are you going to make me point out that the church Paid off victims of pedophile Priests to go away. Which they covered up for decades.

Actresses call for women's equal rights yet turn a blind eye to others or allow themselves to be degraded and used by Harvey Weinstein for his pleasure to have a career in Hollywood.

Why would you defend these Hollywood jackasses?
11-04-2017 03:51 PM
Advertisement

Old Blue Offline
1st String

I Root For: ODU
Hollywood, the Democrat party's biggest fundraising source. Full of perverts and pedophiles. Good stuff, I feel good about the future of our country with leadership like this. Who wouldn't?
11-04-2017 06:13 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
The dominoes will continue to fall. Weinstein will go down as the watershed moment in the entertainment/movie industry's history. I hope the fallout is extreme and criminal prosecutions when warranted will help run off the perverts and predators.
11-04-2017 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.