Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Louisiana @ South Alabama game thread
Bookmark and Share
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Louisiana @ South Alabama game thread
Beautiful weather forecast for today's matchup between the Ragin' Cajuns vs. the Jaguars. Clear, sunny skies and 79 degrees at 3 PM kickoff. IMO, this game is a toss up, although the so-called experts have the Jags as a six point favorite. These two teams aren't especially fond of eachother in any sport but do respect the other. Anyone's guess how many fans will be in attendance. Thank goodness the Bama-LSU game is scheduled for tonight @ 7:00. Go Jags!
11-04-2017 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
RE: Louisiana @ South Alabama game thread
You guys really have to do something about that Bama monopoly. Yell, scream, call them cowards openly to the media. It's going to be tiresome praying your game doesn't start the same time as theirs...
11-04-2017 11:53 AM
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(11-04-2017 11:53 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys really have to do something about that Bama monopoly. Yell, scream, call them cowards openly to the media. It's going to be tiresome praying your game doesn't start the same time as theirs...

Won't work. The majority of our fan base are also Alabama fans...we need and appreciate them very much.

Where things will begin to change is when those kids 8 years ago went to Ladd to see their first college football game and had a great time watching South have their own families and raise them as South fans first, Bama fans 2nd.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 01:10 PM by airtroop.)
11-04-2017 01:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shof Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cajuns
Nice game thread! Lots of interest from both fan bases. LOL
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 08:12 PM by Shof.)
11-04-2017 08:11 PM
NeptunianEmp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NM State Aggies!
(11-04-2017 08:11 PM)Shof Wrote:  Nice game thread! Lots of interest from both fan bases. LOL

At least there was a game thread for this. None for NMSU vs Texas St.
11-04-2017 08:33 PM
Advertisement

southjag09 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: South Alabama,
You know what will help?
Not having a team that is "meh" at best.
I grew up an Alabama fan was at South before they had a football team. The half assed attempts at sports (besides soccer, baseball and softball and track and field and golf) ie... is loser. As it stands the "money" sports are making the other sports look bad....Go JAGS!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using CSNbbs mobile app
11-04-2017 09:13 PM
MobileBama1 Offline
Bench Warmer

Attendance FWIW: 12,742
11-04-2017 10:29 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(11-04-2017 01:08 PM)airtroop Wrote:  
(11-04-2017 11:53 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  You guys really have to do something about that Bama monopoly. Yell, scream, call them cowards openly to the media. It's going to be tiresome praying your game doesn't start the same time as theirs...

Won't work. The majority of our fan base are also Alabama fans...we need and appreciate them very much.

Where things will begin to change is when those kids 8 years ago went to Ladd to see their first college football game and had a great time watching South have their own families and raise them as South fans first, Bama fans 2nd.

Oh, I understand. We went through about 15-20 years where most of our grads became Pig fans first. It took a considerable effort to keep young alums in the fold, and winning consistently, that finally got us out of that death spiral. Now most of those alums are starting to have kids of their own, and we're beginning to see a new generation of Red Wolf fans, those who were not indoctrinated in the way of the pig.

I just hate it for you guys that you really are stuck hoping you don't kick off opposite Bama to maybe increase game attendance.
11-05-2017 12:00 AM
Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

Saban can't coach forever. Eventually Bama will return to earth and maybe we can start making some headway.

It takes a generation to make real fans out of people and families. We are working the process, but it is a slow process.
11-05-2017 09:09 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.