Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Basketball
Bookmark and Share
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
MyBB Basketball
Just curious how everyone is looking after watching your teams exhibition games. I'll reserve any WKU reviews for other WKU fans that are better spoken than myself.
11-03-2017 10:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
RE: Basketball
We won by 30 over UA-Ft. Smith last night.

I think they were a good D-2 team last year (made the Dance)

But we looked kind of rusty.

We played without our center Brandon Walters.

Giddy scored at will -- 25 points in 19 minutes, and clearly the best player on the floor.

16 turnovers
11-03-2017 10:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(11-03-2017 10:43 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  We won by 30 over UA-Ft. Smith last night.

Giddy scored at will -- 25 points in 19 minutes, and clearly the best player on the floor.

16 turnovers

Giddy 7-of-9 on 3-pointers.
11-03-2017 10:53 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

Kermit has done a great job of finding quality replacement pieces this past few seasons
11-03-2017 10:57 AM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-03-2017 10:53 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 10:43 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  We won by 30 over UA-Ft. Smith last night.

16 turnovers

That will get it done
11-03-2017 10:57 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(11-03-2017 10:57 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 10:53 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

16 turnovers

That will get it done

Between the 3-point contest and the first exhibition game, Giddy has hit 25 of his last 30 three-point shots that were counted for some purpose. Most people can't even shoot free throws in practice at that clip. 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 11:08 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
11-03-2017 11:07 AM
Advertisement

BlueraiderJT Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MTSU
Somebody called Barry U went into Auburn last night, beat them and put up 100 points to boot! Wow! Ole Bruce Pearl's days are numbered.
11-03-2017 11:37 AM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(11-03-2017 11:37 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  Somebody called Barry U went into Auburn last night, beat them and put up 100 points to boot! Wow! Ole Bruce Pearl's days are numbered.

They're a D-II school out of Miami Shores, FL. My cousin played baseball there.
11-03-2017 12:30 PM
BlazerGold09 Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
We look solid and back to where we should be with Nick at point. MT might be the only program with the depth UAB has this season.
11-03-2017 12:49 PM
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

If WKU can get a few more players back, we might go .500
11-03-2017 12:52 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
(11-03-2017 11:37 AM)BlueraiderJT Wrote:  Somebody called Barry U went into Auburn last night, beat them and put up 100 points to boot! Wow! Ole Bruce Pearl's days are numbered.

In defense, he's a cyborg.
[Image: latest?cb=20110422175443]
Plus he has Other Barry with him.
11-03-2017 12:53 PM
Advertisement

WKUYG Away
Hall of Famer

(11-03-2017 12:52 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  If WKU can get a few more players back, we might go .500

I don't know what to think about this team as far as wins go. I can see a special type year where they win more than most fans think. I can see a year where a lot of games are lost because of only having 7 players and foul trouble. To me that can still be special, heartbreaking, but still special.

This TEAM seems to have more heart and willing to give everything they have than a lot of other teams in the last 7 years. Harpers first full year was that way....for me. And he had one other like that that loss games late in games.

This looks like a season that could play out like that. Have to wait and see how these kids react when things are not going their way. If they still are diving and hustling all over the floor. I'm going to like this team. Stay injury free and they should be a team no one wants to face come tourney time.
11-03-2017 01:22 PM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(11-03-2017 01:22 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 12:52 PM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  If WKU can get a few more players back, we might go .500

I don't know what to think about this team as far as wins go. I can see a special type year where they win more than most fans think. I can see a year where a lot of games are lost because of only having 7 players and foul trouble. To me that can still be special, heartbreaking, but still special.

This TEAM seems to have more heart and willing to give everything they have than a lot of other teams in the last 7 years. Harpers first full year was that way....for me. And he had one other like that that loss games late in games.

This looks like a season that could play out like that. Have to wait and see how these kids react when things are not going their way. If they still are diving and hustling all over the floor. I'm going to like this team. Stay injury free and they should be a team no one wants to face come tourney time.

Do you think depth will be an issue for the tournament? That might be rough on the players when you have to go 3 nights in a row
11-03-2017 01:31 PM
Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(11-03-2017 01:31 PM)odu09 Wrote:  

Do you think depth will be an issue for the tournament? That might be rough on the players when you have to go 3 nights in a row

yes it will be an issue. But I'd still take whatever 7 players WKU puts on the court over the bottom half of this conference.
11-03-2017 01:39 PM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

So far our guys appear young and hungry which is a great thing coming off last season...Have no idea how that translates to wins and losses but we may have more steals the first 10 games then we have had last 3 seasons combined...Amazing what better can talent can do....We desperately need to get JA eligible and Diagne and add a piece in Dec though to be a threat to win CUSA, you need more than 7 scholarship players in case of injuries........
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 01:47 PM by WKUFan518.)
11-03-2017 01:41 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

Depth is an issue in regular season games let alone tournament time (at least for us is was in 2012). As a #6 seed, Marshall beat #11 SMU. The next night they beat #3 Tulsa in 3 OTs. The next night they somehow managed to beat a solid #2 USM to reach the finals against Memphis. They got thumped by 26 points. I do think that the game would've been a little more competitive if we were deeper and could rotate fresh legs.

2 pts from our bench and we shot 44% from the line. Out..............of................gas.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2017 02:06 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
11-03-2017 02:05 PM
Advertisement

THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

(11-03-2017 01:31 PM)odu09 Wrote:  Do you think depth will be an issue for the tournament? That might be rough on the players when you have to go 3 nights in a row

If you don't get a bye you'll be playing 4 nights in a row.
11-03-2017 02:07 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Do all teams make the tourney this season ?

Both men and women ?
11-03-2017 02:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I was doing a little fishing, but I agree
11-03-2017 03:41 PM
Hilltopper2K Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: WKU!!!
As others have said I think this team has a lot of heart and hustle in them. They're competitors. I'm also impressed with their basketball IQ. These are guys that anticipate passes on defense and make smart passes on offense. I saw Ohmer use a headfake on defense to get his man to pass the ball where he wanted it to go and then got the steal. I don't remember ever seeing that before in Diddle. It may have happened and I just never noticed it. But I was impressed.

Hard not to be impressed by our performance so far in the preseason. Samford won 20 games last year and returned all 5 starters and we still beat them comfortably. Campbellsville is not a good team. I think they had about a .500 record last year and lost basically everybody off of that team. But with a 40 point win we took care of them the way you would want a team to.

But I wonder if we look impressive just because of the fact that we've had extra time to prepare? The 10 days in Costa Rica were a big advantage that will be neutralized by a few games into the season. On the other hand we were without Beardon and Anderson both of which will help a lot once (or if) they make into a game.

Of course this year will always have the asterisk. What might have been if we had Brangers and Robinson? If everything had broken just so... and those two had made the court... and Robinson had bought in and made the effort... there might not have been much of a ceiling for that team. I guess you have to enjoy this team for what it is and not what it might of been, but hard not to think about it.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 08:49 AM by Hilltopper2K.)
11-04-2017 08:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.