Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
RE: Browncows busted!
(11-01-2017 10:41 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

Wow!!!!!

I went to sleep at halftime (our run defense was making me tired watching how pathetic it was that we couldn’t stop the run).03-banghead

WMU must have abandoned the run and started passing the ball in that rain.
Unbelievable if the coaches decided to do that.
11-02-2017 04:48 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CMU CHIPPEWAS

Crappies
(11-02-2017 04:48 AM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 10:41 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  02-13-banana02-13-banana02-13-banana

Wow!!!!!

I went to sleep at halftime (our run defense was making me tired watching how pathetic it was that we couldn’t stop the run).03-banghead

WMU must have abandoned the run and started passing the ball in that rain.
Unbelievable if the coaches decided to do that.

At the half, I switched over to the World Series. I'm speechless, even if it probably saved Bono's job. DL/OL coaches need to go.
11-02-2017 08:20 AM
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
They abandoned the run for a reason; we started stopping it. The guys calling the came pointed out how we started really setting a hard edge and not allowing WMU's backs to get to the outside like they had been in the first half. When WMU started getting to 2nd & 3rd and long and had to pass, that WMU OL started looking less good. They are good at run blocking, but we got pressure almost every time Goddard dropped back. And keep in mind, that was with Joe Ostman out (injured sometime since the Ball State game, apparently). WMU's only score in the second half came after we muffed a punt and set them up nicely (twice 03-banghead , but we recovered a WMU fumble the 2nd time).

Our OL also started moving some earth. Whatever was said at halftime must have been memorable, because Ward came out on fire, and there were actual running lanes. I have been critical of the OL coaching the past couple of seasons as well, but this season, they have been starting a different lineup every game, yet, the unit is playing better. Credit where it's due. As for the DL, we apparently lost three DTs before the season and have been playing short-handed inside. We got Deandre Dill back last night, and he made a difference, I thought. Steinhauer as well, but he left hurt again.

I think Bono, or someone, challenged some manhoods last night, and we responded. There are still some inexplicable bonehead things at times, but the team is playing with more passion and heart right now, and I love it.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 08:58 AM by CMichFan.)
11-02-2017 08:56 AM
Advertisement

arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
Of all the things that happened last night, our ability to run the ball in the second half is the one that has me dumbfounded. I mean, we were GASHING them.

We haven't run the ball against anyone with a pulse in at least 2 years.
11-02-2017 10:24 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
(11-02-2017 10:24 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  Of all the things that happened last night, our ability to run the ball in the second half is the one that has me dumbfounded. I mean, we were GASHING them.

We haven't run the ball against anyone with a pulse in at least 2 years.

Arrow, you mean like they were doing to us in the first half? I'll have to watch rewind to see it. I was a coward and switched to the World Series.
11-02-2017 10:37 AM
arrows80 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU, CMU
Yeah, kind of similar. I think Franklin got more of his yards on his own whereas we run-blocked extremely well. That isn't to say wmu's o-line wasn't pushing us around in the first half, because they were.

Every time someone other than Franklin got a carry for them I was happy. He should've gotten it 45 times last night. He's special.

Ward is a stud too, been saying it forever. His long TD run was sick. We need to get him on the edge and stop running him between the tackles so much - that's where Ross/Gwilly excel.
11-02-2017 10:44 AM
Advertisement

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(11-02-2017 10:44 AM)arrows80 Wrote:  Yeah, kind of similar. I think Franklin got more of his yards on his own whereas we run-blocked extremely well. That isn't to say wmu's o-line wasn't pushing us around in the first half, because they were.

Every time someone other than Franklin got a carry for them I was happy. He should've gotten it 45 times last night. He's special.

Ward is a stud too, been saying it forever. His long TD run was sick. We need to get him on the edge and stop running him between the tackles so much - that's where Ross/Gwilly excel.

Yea, for one thing Ward seems to have really good balance, and that gets him a lot of extra yards.
11-02-2017 02:09 PM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
As an aside, I would watch Amanda Sauer officiate any day! 04-jawdrop
11-05-2017 02:41 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
I keep asking her what her gag-reflex number is, but she won't acknowledge me? What could possibly be the problem?
11-05-2017 08:49 PM
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

(11-05-2017 08:49 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  I keep asking her what her gag-reflex number is, but she won't acknowledge me? What could possibly be the problem?

Maybe you are not asking her correctly?

Maybe use sign language, refs understand that. Try making a first down signal followed by a grounding the ball signal?
11-06-2017 02:56 AM
CMichFan Offline

Crappies
(11-06-2017 02:56 AM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  
(11-05-2017 08:49 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  I keep asking her what her gag-reflex number is, but she won't acknowledge me? What could possibly be the problem?

Maybe you are not asking her correctly?

Maybe use sign language, refs understand that. Try making a first down signal followed by a grounding the ball signal?

03-lmfao
11-06-2017 11:38 AM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
Phuck it, that's too much work. I'm just going to go out on the field and bone her----then she can throw the flag for "targeting."
11-06-2017 02:09 PM
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

(11-06-2017 02:09 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Phuck it, that's too much work. I'm just going to go out on the field and bone her----then she can throw the flag for "targeting."

Brings new meaning to “helmet to the head”.03-lmfao
11-06-2017 05:04 PM
CHIPPEWA ENEMA Offline
Heisman

Crappies
(11-06-2017 05:04 PM)Warhawks222 Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 02:09 PM)CHIPPEWA ENEMA Wrote:  Phuck it, that's too much work. I'm just going to go out on the field and bone her----then she can throw the flag for "targeting."

Brings new meaning to “helmet to the head”.03-lmfao

Only this "helmet" doesn't come off the "head." So, I don't have to leave the "game." Okay, okay, I'll take any "unnecessary roughness" penalty, for chrissakes!
11-06-2017 05:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.