Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

"MACtion" Kick OFF
TexanMark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
"MACtion" Kick OFF
The bane of MAC fans and the delight of CFB junkies.

Always nice to turn on the TV on Tues-Fri in November for games.
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2017 09:19 AM by TexanMark.)
10-31-2017 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
RE: "MACTION" Kick OFF
Today:

Bowling Green at Kent State
Miami at Ohio

BG and Kent both struggling this year, big time. Should be a close game, I would think. Ohio looks good this year, Miami has potential but has been up and down.

Can't believe the NIU Toledo game on Thursday is stuck on ESPNU at 5 pm. That's stupid. Both teams 4-0 in the MAC, NIU is 6-2 while Toledo is 7-1 and getting votes for Top 25.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017 04:06 PM by NIU007.)
10-31-2017 04:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USC Upstate

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
The bane of MAC fans? Do they hate midweek games that much?

I *love* getting a CFB game every single night of the week (save Monday, b/c ESPN is a coward to the NFL).

I wish the Sun Belt and C-USA and FCS would hop aboard so I could get this kinda action starting in September.
10-31-2017 04:51 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(10-31-2017 04:05 PM)NIU007 Wrote:  Today:

Bowling Green at Kent State
Miami at Ohio

BG and Kent both struggling this year, big time. Should be a close game, I would think. Ohio looks good this year, Miami has potential but has been up and down.

Can't believe the NIU Toledo game on Thursday is stuck on ESPNU at 5 pm. That's stupid. Both teams 4-0 in the MAC, NIU is 6-2 while Toledo is 7-1 and getting votes for Top 25.

Couldn't agree more, though I suppose from ESPN's point of view it makes sense since Thursday night NFL games make college broadcasts less valuable those evenings. Although the argument for tonight being valuable enough for ESPN2 kinda flies out the window given how we're going head-to-head with the World Series.

Dreading tonight since our coach has gone 0-9 against our rivals since taking over in 2014. A loss more likely than not dooms our chances of a bowl while a win keeps us alive in the East division hunt. The MAC is a weird place.
10-31-2017 04:54 PM

TexanMark Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
GTS I heard some of our MAC posters complain about midweek games. Unless you live within 30 mins of the stadium it pretty much sucks in November for them...throw in some nights the weather is pretty frosty too add another irritant to them.

I know they love the TV visibility...but it comes at a cost to the players and the fans.
10-31-2017 05:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stay Cool Offline
The Masked Moderator

I Root For: NIU, tOSU, UC
(10-31-2017 04:51 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  The bane of MAC fans? Do they hate midweek games that much?

I *love* getting a CFB game every single night of the week (save Monday, b/c ESPN is a coward to the NFL).

I wish the Sun Belt and C-USA and FCS would hop aboard so I could get this kinda action starting in September.
(10-31-2017 05:39 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  GTS I heard some of our MAC posters complain about midweek games. Unless you live within 30 mins of the stadium it pretty much sucks in November for them...throw in some nights the weather is pretty frosty too add another irritant to them.

I know they love the TV visibility...but it comes at a cost to the players and the fans.
Yeah, midweek MACtion has decimated our season ticket base and attendance as a whole. I think we'll be lucky to crack 10k avg attendance this year... and that'll be our 3rd straight year averaging less than the 15k requirement

Sure, the ratings are solid and we are a competitive team, but the long term stability brings a lot of questions about viability at the FBS level to the forefront.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
10-31-2017 06:35 PM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
MACtion does a great job showcasing our best programs, but screws over about everyone else. Teams like Miami in 2003, NIU the season after the Orange Bowl, or WMU last year that can get well above 20K during a big year really look great on national TV. But for the remainder it's not easy going, there's nothing worse than playing Tuesday nights on ESPN3 like the bottom feeders sometimes do.
10-31-2017 07:05 PM

TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
MACtion!!!

they need to stagger the starts though :(

MACtion!!!!!!!!!!
10-31-2017 07:06 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
I am taking Ohio and Bowling Green tonight
10-31-2017 07:07 PM
Attackcoog Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Houston
Honestly, I think the MAC has done a good job of carving out a nice niche for themselves with these early week games.
10-31-2017 07:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.