Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why NIU lost to EMU almost or things to improve upon to beat Toledo
Bookmark and Share
Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
Why NIU lost to EMU almost or things to improve upon to beat Toledo
Lurry needs to stop cheating and just cover his man. I'll need to rewatch the TD he gave up to see if he expected safety help but he was 10 to 15 yards behind his receiver.

The play where he did get burned was late in the game where he was 1-1 on a deep fly pattern headed to south endzone. Another receiver came mid-field in front of him and the QB looks that way. Lurry slowed down getting ready to break. The qb saw Lurry cheat and fired deep over his head complete for a big gain to Lurry's man. If Lurry plays his man there is little chance QB throws to either receiver. Instead Lurry gives up big play. Now you may recall emu missed the kick but NIU does nothing with the ball emu has good field position and on the next series EMU came down and made the FG. In my mind Lurry gave up 10 pts.

Stop fumbling. 4 fumbles in second half. 1 lost. No brainer right?

Special teams need to be better on kickoff coverage and not allow punt blocks. They had a great stop at the 20 in 4th Q when fans and team were pumped. Need that energy all game.

Offensive line had trouble making holes or protecting QB. Noticed plenty of LB blitzes. Confusion on line happening too frequently.

Btw, those refs were bad, real bad last night. The non-call pass interference on emu was shocking as it occurred 2 plays after a NIU pass interference that was questionable and it was on the same side with same players. Looked like emu gave our db, embry, i think, a stiff arm shove to the shoulder to get open. Hope those refs don't show on our schedule again.

Use Wimann earlier in offense. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
10-27-2017 11:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.