Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

North Texas Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
North Texas Game Thread
North Texas is a ten point or so favorite and rightfully so. They lead the conference in passing yards per game and are second to FAU in scoring. But I feel good about this one for some reason. I think we go to Denton and have a great game. ODU 42 UNT 31
10-24-2017 09:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: North Texas Game Thread
(10-24-2017 09:48 AM)ODU AGGIE Wrote:  North Texas is a ten point or so favorite and rightfully so. They lead the conference in passing yards per game and are second to FAU in scoring. But I feel good about this one for some reason. I think we go to Denton and have a great game. ODU 42 UNT 31

I also believe this will be a high scoring game. The issue that scares me is they are not only dangerous passing, but also running as well. I think we are relatively ok vs. the pass, but run stopping has been an issue. IF they want to pass all day, we can get after the QB.

The offense came alive last week and they are going to have to play like that again without turnovers.

I really don't know what to expect. Think 10 points is a little high and expect a high scoring game.
10-24-2017 09:53 AM
cmett003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
We have to limit the turnovers, they are killing us! I know SW is young but he cant just lob it up to the recievers we have, they are not good enough. The one was SWs fault throwing into double coverage to Isiah Harper. The one out of our own endzone was all on play calling. We had just gotten momentum off the turnover and we come out throwing on our own 3 yd line?????? And all 30 yds down field. You are asking to get that picked off. I am so dissapointed in the play calling and defensive schemes this year. Its such a joke. And from a penalty standpoint, BW has lost control of the team.
10-24-2017 10:01 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2017 10:01 AM)cmett003 Wrote:  We have to limit the turnovers, they are killing us! I know SW is young but he cant just lob it up to the recievers we have, they are not good enough. The one was SWs fault throwing into double coverage to Isiah Harper. The one out of our own endzone was all on play calling. We had just gotten momentum off the turnover and we come out throwing on our own 3 yd line?????? And all 30 yds down field. You are asking to get that picked off. I am so dissapointed in the play calling and defensive schemes this year. Its such a joke. And from a penalty standpoint, BW has lost control of the team.

Harper had 1-2 steps on both defenders. It's a TD with a good throw.

The one out of the end zone was questionable, but Fulgham not only dropped the pass but allowed it to bounce up to the defender. This is why Bobby has been harping all week on our WRs not battling for balls/catching them.
10-24-2017 10:05 AM

ODUDrunkard13 Offline

On the scale of Bledsoe to Vick, how mobile is their QB?
10-24-2017 10:08 AM
Gilesfan Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2017 10:08 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  On the scale of Bledsoe to Vick, how mobile is their QB?

He's mobile but isn't a huge threat to run. Kinda like Williams.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2017 10:19 AM by Gilesfan.)
10-24-2017 10:19 AM
MGNation92 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
(10-24-2017 10:08 AM)ODUDrunkard13 Wrote:  On the scale of Bledsoe to Vick, how mobile is their QB?

More of an Aaron Rodgers. Fine typically runs to throw. He did smoke San Antonio Community College for an 80 yard TD run last year though, so he's got some decent wheels.
10-24-2017 01:15 PM

MGNation92 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: UNT
Another thing I just learned that's pretty big: Our leading WR Jalen Guyton didn't play against FAU, but will be back against ODU. That should help our offense tremendously

Edit: Nevermind about that. FAU just shut him down. Oh well, still look for our offense to play much better
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2017 08:31 AM by MGNation92.)
10-24-2017 04:09 PM
FTW ODU Offline
1st String

Sadly this season is nearly over for us already. Have to win 4/5 games which is very unlikely.
10-25-2017 07:54 AM
FearTheLion Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU Monarchs
You just never know. The offense took a HUGE step forward last week. Now we just need the defense to come back and come back ASAP.

Could be just my over-optimism, but I haven't given up yet.

And if we fall short of bowl eligibility but finish the season better than we started, I'm going to just hope we can bring it next year.
10-25-2017 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.