Unfortunately they're doing Journey tunes
10-22-2017 01:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bikechuck Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: NIU Band doing Bears Halftime.
They are a great group of young people. I thoroughly enjoyed them at homecoming. Just wish they were double the size.
10-22-2017 02:38 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
NIU Band doing Bears Halftime.
(10-22-2017 02:38 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  They are a great group of young people. I thoroughly enjoyed them at homecoming. Just wish they were double the size.

That's what's needed. Certainly they can play well. If I were on the great Huskie Fan Advisory Committee, one of my suggestions would be to increase the size of the band - no matter what it takes. One of the best ways to enhance the gameday experience.
10-22-2017 03:03 PM
Advertisement

nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
(10-22-2017 03:03 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(10-22-2017 02:38 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  They are a great group of young people. I thoroughly enjoyed them at homecoming. Just wish they were double the size.

That's what's needed. Certainly they can play well. If I were on the great Huskie Fan Advisory Committee, one of my suggestions would be to increase the size of the band - no matter what it takes. One of the best ways to enhance the gameday experience.

04-cheers
Same mantra I submitted here numerous times years ago. Little has changed since then.
01-lauramac2
I remain unable to comprehend how my HS with an enrollment of 1, 600 can n field a band nearly as large as NIU with an enrollment of 19,000.
10-22-2017 05:48 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(10-22-2017 05:48 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  

04-cheers
Same mantra I submitted here numerous times years ago. Little has changed since then.
01-lauramac2
I remain unable to comprehend how my HS with an enrollment of 1, 600 can n field a band nearly as large as NIU with an enrollment of 19,000.

Is this our old niucyberdawg? If so, welcome back!
10-22-2017 06:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

uiniu57 Offline
All American

I Root For: Amanda Sauer

"no matter what it takes." MONEY.
NIU athletics has placed everything to do with the band under the music department which is suffering worse from budget limitations. NIU athletics no longer sponsors the dance squad or cheerleaders as another cost reduction. Somewhere in the near future the ax will probably drop on a men's sport, or maybe the insanity will end when the P5s finally figure out how to make do without the G5 programs.
The unanswered question is how come this appearance wasn't publicized at all? Was there an announcement at the last home game (if so I missed it), did Huskie media relations put out a release, did the school of music post it on its website, does NIU ever promote itself in advance?
10-22-2017 07:01 PM
nucyberdawg Offline
2nd String

(10-22-2017 06:24 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  

04-cheers
01-lauramac2

yep and older and more cranky than ever. I grew weary of all the same carping here year after year by so many negative fans regularly ripping on coaches, players and administrators.03-banghead
10-22-2017 07:26 PM
Advertisement

thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

(10-22-2017 07:26 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  

04-cheers
01-lauramac2

yep and older and more cranky than ever. I grew weary of all the same carping here year after year by so many negative fans regularly ripping on coaches, players and administrators.03-banghead

Ummm.....I hate to break it to ya, but....
10-22-2017 07:46 PM
NIUSox10 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(10-22-2017 07:26 PM)nucyberdawg Wrote:  

04-cheers
01-lauramac2

Forgot the pw to your old account? Lol
10-22-2017 08:35 PM
Huskie Tom 51 Offline
Water Engineer

We've been stating that on this website for at least 4 years. It's ridiculous that the band looks like a division 3 school.
10-24-2017 07:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.