Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

The Most Ridiculously Inane Comments From Last Night's Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The Most Ridiculously Inane Comments From Last Night's Game Thread
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the first ever "Johnny Betts' Hindsight is 20/20 - The Most Ridiculously Inane Comments From Last Night's Game Thread."

For those of you who couldn't wade through the sewage of that thread, here are some of the highlights:

Offense flew all the way to Houston just to take a big dump

*Offense proceeds to score 42 second half points*

I'm sorry but this game is OVER.

I'm sorry, but there's a reason they play a full four quarters.

Final Score:

Memphis - 42
Houston - 38

Our O Line sucks. Our DB's suck. Our pass rush is just LOL. We suck.

* Ranked #25 in the country
* 6-1 record
* 2 Wins over 2 top 25 teams for the first time in history

But yeah, sure, we suck.

Team is so menatally weak it's pathetic...win a big game then turn into *******.

Says the guy who spells it "menatally."

Memphis - 42
Houston - 38

Mounting that kind of comeback typically involves quite a bit of mental (menatal?) toughness.

need a mobile QB ...... paging Charlie Moore to pick up the white courtesy phone.

Are you referring to the college basketball player that just transferred from Cal to Kansas? Or I suppose you meant the unproven freshman DAVID Moore. Either way, it's not an argument that can intellectually be made. It's not like Ferguson is one of the top two QBs to ever play at the U of M or anything.

On the positive side, norvell doesn't look ready for the next level.

He's only managed to accomplish things here that Virginia Tech's current head coach wasn't able to, but I'm sure you're right.

Norvell coaching his way out of one of those big jobs.

Mmm hmmm.

Yep Said the same thing last week, he would negate the rush. RF can’t run or move at all, if they put in Moore he would run all over the field.

I know, man! Who needs a QB that can throw 7 TDs in one game and then throw for 471 yards in another. Forget that crap. Give me an unproven freshman! Who needs empirical evidence when emotional outbursts are so much more fun?

Ferguson needs to be pulled.

*Ferguson leads the team to 42 points in the second half, overcoming a 17-point deficit for the first time in the last 60 games, and sets the Tiger record for most passing yards in a game.*

please sit his azz on the bench for the second half

*Ferguson leads the team to 42 points in the second half, overcoming a 17-point deficit for the first time in the last 60 games, and sets the Tiger record for most passing yards in a game.*

Geez Riley. Put Moore in. Riley has shown he can't show up when it matters

I would repeat what I twice said previously, but you get the point. Or maybe you don't. I would also draw attention to the UCLA and Navy games, but you likely said the same things during those games as well.

We are a fraud.

* Ranked #25 in the country
* 6-1 record
* 2 Wins over 2 top 25 teams for the first time in history

This is easily one of the most fun frauds to watch in Tiger history!

Nobody on D even cares. This is so embarrassing and I'm afraid reflects who Norvell is as a coach

Well, we can only hope that your message board posts don't reflect who you are as a person.
10-20-2017 12:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bathtub Gin Offline
All American

I Root For: Free Market
RE: The Most Ridiculously Inane Comments From Last Night's Game Thread
Bravo
10-20-2017 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
It really is disgusting. One of my all-time favourites was during the Ole Piss game in 2003. After falling behind 31-21, we had morons saying that we had finally come back to earth and would be lucky to win 3 games that season. Also insane that we have posters who say "game over, same old Memphis" any time we fall behind by more than a touchdown.
10-20-2017 12:54 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Well done.

Some of the people here are just garbage and deserve to be called out.
10-20-2017 12:57 PM
innman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I will write all those comments off to the heat of the moment.

I may have thought some of those, but rarely would consider putting them to paper until the game was done. I still do not like our Defense they do what they can, but there is not enough quality there.
10-20-2017 01:04 PM
tigernole79 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kool-Aid
(10-20-2017 01:04 PM)innman Wrote:  I will write all those comments off to the heat of the moment.

I may have thought some of those, but rarely would consider putting them to paper until the game was done. I still do not like our Defense they do what they can, but there is not enough quality there.

Because half of the starters aren't playing and 14 players have missed a game if not more... yeah, that has ZERO impact on there not being enough quality?!!

Or, were you posting more stupid posts from the thread?!! If not, go ahead and add that to the list.

And there is a whole thread on firing the whole defensive coaching staff because they are so bad.... it's pathetic!!!!
10-20-2017 01:09 PM
Advertisement

Memphis10Tigers Offline
1st String

Not gonna lie, that was me on the first comment: "Offense flew all the way to Houston just to take a big dump".

I am glad to be eating crow and I got nothing but love for Riley Ferguson, Anthony Miller, and all the other offensive players on the team. As coach Norvell would say "I'm proud of the way our guys responded". I wouldn't trade any of these guys for anyone else.

...but even in hindsight, it would not be an unreasonable conclusion drawn if, after the the first half of the game, you determined that the sole purpose of the offense's trip to Houston was to simply take a dump in the locker room toilet.
10-20-2017 01:10 PM
Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-20-2017 01:04 PM)innman Wrote:  I will write all those comments off to the heat of the moment.

I wouldn't write all of them off. "Nobody on D even cares. This is so embarrassing and I'm afraid reflects who Norvell is as a coach," is a low blow and low class.
10-20-2017 01:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tigerderek Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Sunshinepumpers
Who gives a sh!t...some of y'all act like A bunch of old a55 women who like to argue all the time.
10-20-2017 01:15 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Our defense is not good. Our offense can be, and usually is, extremely good.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017 01:16 PM by Marc Mensa.)
10-20-2017 01:16 PM
innman Offline
1st String

(10-20-2017 01:09 PM)tigernole79 Wrote:  

Because half of the starters aren't playing and 14 players have missed a game if not more... yeah, that has ZERO impact on there not being enough quality?!!

Or, were you posting more stupid posts from the thread?!! If not, go ahead and add that to the list.

And there is a whole thread on firing the whole defensive coaching staff because they are so bad.... it's pathetic!!!!

Take it in context not everyone on this board is mature and rational while watching the game.

There is not enough quality on the defensive side of the ball that's a simple fact. Just look at the results. Injuries happen to everyone those that have a good stable of quality backups get the job done those that don't let the other team have the ball for 36 minutes and hope the offense has a lights out game every week. I do feel our quick strike type offense does play a part in keeping the defense on the field more than they need to be but they could also stop a team every once in awhile on third down.
10-20-2017 01:27 PM
Advertisement

mairving Offline
Ignant Homer

You know it's a message board. People like to voice their opinions. If people could only voice their positive opinions it would be a pretty short thread. Of course, some take it way overboard but that's part of it too. Pretty much everything negative in that thread nearly everyone had probably thought. I know I did. Part of it was being frustrated by the lack of offense in the first half when we knew we could do better. And thinking "Oh, great we get ranked and are going to lay another egg like we did against UCF."
10-20-2017 01:41 PM
Memphis10Tigers Offline
1st String

(10-20-2017 01:41 PM)mairving Wrote:  You know it's a message board. People like to voice their opinions. If people could only voice their positive opinions it would be a pretty short thread. Of course, some take it way overboard but that's part of it too. Pretty much everything negative in that thread nearly everyone had probably thought. I know I did. Part of it was being frustrated by the lack of offense in the first half when we knew we could do better. And thinking "Oh, great we get ranked and are going to lay another egg like we did against UCF."

Agreed. Part of the fun in participating in the game thread is sharing both the UPS and the DOWNS that Tiger teams go through alongside other fellow Tiger fans during each game.

While you may find comments of me expressing my frustration during the game, you are more likely to find positive comments - cheering for touchdowns, calling out how remarkable a play was, etc. That's just where the fun is.

Is the expectation for everyone to just sit there and be quiet when things aren't going well for the team? Being passionate means you care - and I would rather have more people who care about this program than not.
10-20-2017 01:55 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
We did catch a break. I thought we had left Houston way too much time to score in the 4th.
When we got the ball back...we ran it for 3 plays...instead of trying to pick up another first down.
At that point...Houston's defense wasn't stopping Memphis, Memphis was stopping Memphis when it wasn't marching down the field for a score.
We could have wrapped the game up then I believe.
10-20-2017 02:01 PM
tiger1016 Offline
Hall of Famer

No offense but this is a BS thread

I’m not a proponent of criticizing players and coaches during the flow of a game but as fans, everyone has a right to express their feelings during the course of a game. There were disagreements in the game thread itself, so starting a separate thread calling out other fellow Tiger fans is bush league.
10-20-2017 02:01 PM
holyterror Offline
Hall of Famer

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.
10-20-2017 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-20-2017 01:41 PM)mairving Wrote:  You know it's a message board. People like to voice their opinions. If people could only voice their positive opinions it would be a pretty short thread. Of course, some take it way overboard but that's part of it too. Pretty much everything negative in that thread nearly everyone had probably thought. I know I did. Part of it was being frustrated by the lack of offense in the first half when we knew we could do better. And thinking "Oh, great we get ranked and are going to lay another egg like we did against UCF."

So you actually thought Coach Norvell doesn't care?

And you also thought it would be a wise move to bench a future NFL quarterback for an unproven freshman?

There's a difference in constructive criticism and stupidity. People are free to be as ridiculous as they want, and others are just as free to call them out on it.
10-20-2017 02:05 PM
MemphisFan95 Offline
Coach A

(10-20-2017 02:01 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  No offense but this is a BS thread

I’m not a proponent of criticizing players and coaches during the flow of a game but as fans, everyone has a right to express their feelings during the course of a game. There were disagreements in the game thread itself, so starting a separate thread calling out other fellow Tiger fans is bush league.

And we have a right express feelings about asinine comments.
10-20-2017 02:07 PM
Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-20-2017 02:01 PM)tiger1016 Wrote:  No offense but this is a BS thread

If you would be so kind as to provide the Bush League manual so I can peruse it prior to making future posts that will hopefully meet your approval then I would sincerely appreciate it.
10-20-2017 02:09 PM
Johnny Betts Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(10-20-2017 01:15 PM)tigerderek Wrote:  Who gives a sh!t...some of y'all act like A bunch of old a55 women who like to argue all the time.

Says the guy who called our players morons and "menatally weak."
10-20-2017 02:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.