***Official Troy at GSU Game Thread - 2:00PM ET Saturday - ESPN3***
Bookmark and Share
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
***Official Troy at GSU Game Thread - 2:00PM ET Saturday - ESPN3***
RELATED LINKS

GSUGameday.com

GEORGIA STATE (3-2, 2-0 Sun Belt) vs. TROY (4-2, 1-1 Sun Belt)

Saturday, Oct. 21, 2 p.m. ET 

“Pete” Petit Field at Georgia State Stadium

#HomeATLast AFTER THREE STRAIGHT ROAD WINS: Riding a three-game winning streak, Georgia State (3-2, 2-0 Sun Belt) finally returns home to Georgia State Stadium to host Troy (4-2, 1-1) for Homecoming Saturday at 2 p.m.

TV: ESPN3. Announcers are Matt Stewart and Wayne Gandy.

RADIO: Georgia State Radio Network, including Atlanta flagship 1340 AM/103.7 FM as well as WRAS-FM 88.5. Dave Cohen is in his 35th season as the play-by-play voice of Panther athletics. Brandon Leak and Harper LeBel join him from the booth with Sam Crenshaw on the sideline. Free audio stream on GeorgiaStateSports.com and GSU mobile app.

> Georgia State won its third straight game, all on the road, with a 47-37 victory at ULM, which was off to a 3-0 start in Sun Belt play.

> The Panthers now sit atop the Sun Belt Conference standings as one of three undefeated teams in the league, along with Appalachian State (3-0) and Arkansas State (2-0).

> Troy is coming off a 19-8 loss to South Alabama last Wednesday, but the Trojans made news with their 24-21 upset at LSU.

> Georgia State will play in its new stadium for the first time since its Aug. 31 inaugural game, going 51 days between home games. Since then, the Panthers have played four straight road games, sandwiched around the Memphis cancellation.

> Penny Hart leads the Sun Belt with 8.4 receptions per game (4th in FBS) 111.0 receiving yards per game (7th in FBS).

> Conner Manning is averaging 252.2 yards passing per game with six touchdowns. He leads the Sun Belt and ranks seventh in FBS in completion percentage at 67.6 percent.

> Georgia State is 3-4 in Homecoming games, including a 31-6 victory over UT Martin last season

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017 11:42 AM by panama.)
10-17-2017 10:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
RE: ***Official Troy at GSU Game Thread***
Cant believe its been 8 yrs. Been a hell of a journey.
10-18-2017 08:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Something doesn't jive with me for this game...

I'm calling for Troy to lose this game. Georgia State winning by 2 TD's.
10-18-2017 08:22 AM
RoyK Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Georgia
(10-18-2017 08:22 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Something doesn't jive with me for this game...

I'm calling for Troy to lose this game. Georgia State winning by 2 TD's.

That would be something but will largely depend on what team shows up though there has been progress from game to game.
10-18-2017 08:36 AM
biggie Offline
2nd String

I Root For: App State
I'd figure Troy bounces back and GSU look more like GSU from earlier in the season (ULM probably not quite as good as a lot thought going into last week).
10-18-2017 08:41 AM
StanMolsonMan Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(10-18-2017 08:22 AM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Something doesn't jive with me for this game...

Are you sure it isn't just your breakfast burrito this morning?
10-18-2017 08:56 AM
Advertisement

GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
Wink RE: ***Official Troy at GSU Game Thread***
nah Georgia State sucks. don't worry about us. Take another week off Troy 03-razz
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2017 09:09 AM by GSUALUM17.)
10-18-2017 09:08 AM
panama Offline
Legend

***Official Troy at GSU Game Thread***
We gonna lose big

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
10-18-2017 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Before getting clobbered by USA, Troy had won three really close games in a row. Last week was probably the wake up call. That said, I don't like our o-line matchup with GSU's d-line. With Chunn not %100, it will be a low scoring game. I would favor GSU at home. Hope I'm wrong.
10-18-2017 09:16 AM

(10-18-2017 08:41 AM)biggie Wrote:  I'd figure Troy bounces back and GSU look more like GSU from earlier in the season (ULM probably not quite as good as a lot thought going into last week).

I'd be very surprised if Troy bounces back. If the offense has the same issues it had against USA and Boise State, then Georgia State will likely get a quick lead that it won't relinquish.

All you have to do is get Manning to throw deep balls to Hart.
10-18-2017 09:26 AM
SpeedkingATL Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
Suddenly this is an interesting match-up. Of course this year in the Belt nothing is a certainly from week to week. Troy may as well go ahead and give GSU their first Belt loss and keep themselves in the hunt.
10-18-2017 09:29 AM
Advertisement

ApexRedWolf Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Arkansas State
First thing I thought, why did GSU schedule Troy for Homecoming...go big or go home I guess.
10-18-2017 01:28 PM
panama Offline
Legend

(10-18-2017 01:28 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  First thing I thought, why did GSU schedule Troy for Homecoming...go big or go home I guess.

Its homecoming for practically everyone in Atlanta
10-18-2017 01:36 PM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
Troy needs to commit to running the ball, something they did not do against USA.
If Chunn isn't healthy enough, tell Henderson this is big chance and if he can act like a grown up he can have a breakthrough game.
He has a ton of talent, but the Troy coaches are obviously disenchanted with his maturity.
10-18-2017 01:41 PM
Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

If we don't turn the ball over we win.

Ga State also won't score more than 17 if we don't turn the ball over. If we turn it over all bets are off. See USA

USA was gifted 16 points by our special teams and Offense... they scored a field goal by our defense alone
10-18-2017 02:14 PM
USAJag2011 Offline
1st String

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-18-2017 02:14 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  If we don't turn the ball over we win.

Ga State also won't score more than 17 if we don't turn the ball over. If we turn it over all bets are off. See USA

USA was gifted 16 points by our special teams and Offense... they scored a field goal by our defense alone

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll say this then leave: The bolded statement is simply not true. Only once did a Troy player drop the ball (for a fumble) without forceful contact from a USA player.

The interception Silver's threw was just an athletic play by our future NFL safety. (which followed a crazy interception from our QB to your defensive line).

I'm done. Please proceed to talk about what this thread was meant to talk about.
10-18-2017 02:40 PM
Advertisement

AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(10-18-2017 02:40 PM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  
(10-18-2017 02:14 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  If we don't turn the ball over we win.

I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll say this then leave: The bolded statement is simply not true. Only once did a Troy player drop the ball (for a fumble) without forceful contact from a USA player.

The interception Silver's threw was just an athletic play by our future NFL safety. (which followed a crazy interception from our QB to your defensive line).

I'm done. Please proceed to talk about what this thread was meant to talk about.

Again, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I would even say the drop by the returner was probably assisted by the fact he'd been hit hard by special teams all night and had been stripped once already.
10-18-2017 02:51 PM

(10-18-2017 02:51 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  

Again, not wanting to hijack the thread, but I would even say the drop by the returner was probably assisted by the fact he'd been hit hard by special teams all night and had been stripped once already.

Fact of the matter is, Troy played poorly and USA came with a fire inside em. They gave more effort than Troy did, that's for sure.
10-18-2017 03:13 PM

(10-18-2017 01:41 PM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  Troy needs to commit to running the ball, something they did not do against USA.
If Chunn isn't healthy enough, tell Henderson this is big chance and if he can act like a grown up he can have a breakthrough game.
He has a ton of talent, but the Troy coaches are obviously disenchanted with his maturity.

I think most anyone that watches Troy football is a little disenchanted by Henderson's antics. Anytime he makes a big play I can't help but worry that we're going to get a personal foul penalty.

If he would grow up, he could really be something special.
10-18-2017 03:15 PM
Pounce FTW Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU - MU - AU
(10-18-2017 01:28 PM)ApexRedWolf Wrote:  First thing I thought, why did GSU schedule Troy for Homecoming...go big or go home I guess.

We should have scheduled an FCS team for an easy win.
10-18-2017 04:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.