Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Biggest Surprise/Biggest Disappointment In Conference USA Football 2017.
Bookmark and Share
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
Biggest Surprise/Biggest Disappointment In Conference USA Football 2017.
Biggest Surprise at this point of the season: Dead heat between North Texas and UAB, for me, I got my eyes on them Runners at UTSA, also, "Beep-Beep!"..

. Biggest Disappointment: And it's not intended as a slight, I really expected Old Dominion to have a better season than they've had but, the "injury bug" appears to have bitten them pretty good at certain positions. And UTEP , I never envisioned the type of season they're having. Keeping a good thought for you, Conference USA! #ItsOnlyHalftime
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 05:01 PM by Matrix.)
10-16-2017 02:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Biggest Surprise/Biggest Disappointment In Conference USA Football 2017.
Charlotte being utterly uncompetitive with a loss to an FCS school has been a disappointment. 0-7 and outscored 231-91. Yikes.

Of course I said that and they beat us last year so I'm sure they probably will again now, lol.
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 02:50 PM by shiftyeagle.)
10-16-2017 02:50 PM
goliath74 Offline

I Root For: FAU, FSU
Surprises: UAB's competitiveness, UNT, FAU's potent run attack, Marshall's fast return to relevance
Disappointments: UTEP, Charlotte, to a large degree - Rice, not being competitive, ODU taking a step back, WKU not being dominant.
10-16-2017 02:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Biggest disappointment: MT's injuries. Biggest surprise: UAB's success so far.
10-16-2017 02:55 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I'm not shocked by UAB, they have a great coach and had well over a year to work on getting their system down. They will be competing for a championship before long. I really hope the fans keep coming out for them, that's great to see.

UNT is the big surprise to me right now. They are a good football team. The UNT-FAU game is the game of the week.

Big disappointment is Rice and UTEP showing no signs of life.
10-16-2017 03:34 PM
JCMiner Offline
All American

I Root For: UTEP
I don’t understand how we are a disappointment if almost everyone on this board picked us to finish either 13th or last.
10-16-2017 03:45 PM
Advertisement

49ShadesOfGreen Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte this season is awful. We'll do whatever it takes for a change in leadership.. Praying, Witchcraft, cheating like Chapel Hill. Whatever works!
10-16-2017 04:09 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2017 04:09 PM)49ShadesOfGreen Wrote:  Charlotte this season is awful. We'll do whatever it takes for a change in leadership.. Praying, Witchcraft, cheating like Chapel Hill. Whatever works!

I'm truly sorry, I hope they turn things around, but not on 10/21....Did you say, "Witchcraft?" 03-lmfao
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 05:04 PM by Matrix.)
10-16-2017 05:03 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2017 02:55 PM)MT FAN Wrote:  Biggest disappointment: MT's injuries. Biggest surprise: UAB's success so far.

That was a hell of a battle our teams waged this past Saturday. MT always brings a good crowd and energy to road games, especially in Birmingham. I hope everyone made it back home safe and sound, our conference officials are a pile of 01-scout
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 05:25 PM by Matrix.)
10-16-2017 05:24 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2017 03:45 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  I don’t understand how we are a disappointment if almost everyone on this board picked us to finish either 13th or last.
Fair question...
I never picked UTEP to finish last, I thought they'd compete and contend... I sure as hell didn't see North Texas coming. It always concerns me when a coach resigns before the middle of the season, which is what Sean Kugler did. Did he lose the locker room?
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2017 05:32 PM by Matrix.)
10-16-2017 05:30 PM
Side Show Joe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: North Texas
Biggest Surprise: The North Texas Offense- Yes, I thought they would be good this season, but no one thought they would be this good. We could finish with the 1st team All-Conference QB (Mason Fine), RB (Jeffery Wilson), and WR (Jalen Guyton). All three lead the conference in yardage at their respective positions, and are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Incredible.

Biggest Disappointment: Middle Tennessee- I really thought they had a shot at running the table this season. Injuries are a terrible part of the game. I didn't realize depth was such an issue in their program.

For me, ODU's down season is only a mild surprise. I expected them to have a down season. I even argued with some of their fans last season about it. They thought I was just being a homer, and even seemed to develop a dislike for North Texas because of it. I wonder if they are still confident about their trip to UNT in a few weeks?
10-16-2017 06:25 PM
Advertisement

Dracorex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
(10-16-2017 03:45 PM)JCMiner Wrote:  I don’t understand how we are a disappointment if almost everyone on this board picked us to finish either 13th or last.

We're disappointed that UTEP isn't proving us wrong in our predictions.
10-16-2017 06:41 PM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(10-16-2017 06:25 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Biggest Surprise: The North Texas Offense- Yes, I thought they would be good this season, but no one thought they would be this good. We could finish with the 1st team All-Conference QB (Mason Fine), RB (Jeffery Wilson), and WR (Jalen Guyton). All three lead the conference in yardage at their respective positions, and are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Incredible.

Biggest Disappointment: Middle Tennessee- I really thought they had a shot at running the table this season. Injuries are a terrible part of the game. I didn't realize depth was such an issue in their program.

For me, ODU's down season is only a mild surprise. I expected them to have a down season. I even argued with some of their fans last season about it. They thought I was just being a homer, and even seemed to develop a dislike for North Texas because of it. I wonder if they are still confident about their trip to UNT in a few weeks?

What team in this league could overcome the loss of so many 1s in the first half of the season? Even if we hadn't had all the injuries I'm not sure it would have mattered if the single injury was the QB. We definitely have a depth issue there.
10-16-2017 06:58 PM
Tintin Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
My biggest disappointment is Charlotte, specifically Klugh and the offensive line play.
This team shouldn't be this bad, but now I think it's a win to complete a pass.
10-16-2017 07:00 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-16-2017 06:58 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 06:25 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  Biggest Surprise: The North Texas Offense- Yes, I thought they would be good this season, but no one thought they would be this good. We could finish with the 1st team All-Conference QB (Mason Fine), RB (Jeffery Wilson), and WR (Jalen Guyton). All three lead the conference in yardage at their respective positions, and are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Incredible.

What team in this league could overcome the loss of so many 1s in the first half of the season? Even if we hadn't had all the injuries I'm not sure it would have mattered if the single injury was the QB. We definitely have a depth issue there.

"Three If" did you make it to Legion Field Saturday? Myself and another gentleman (older guy with a custom made sign) came over to the MT side of the stadium at halftime for a little meet and greet.
10-17-2017 01:13 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(10-17-2017 01:13 AM)Matrix Wrote:  
(10-16-2017 06:58 PM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  

"Three If" did you make it to Legion Field Saturday? Myself and another gentleman (older guy with a custom made sign) came over to the MT side of the stadium at halftime for a little meet and greet.

Negative. Because I live in the DC/B'more area now I only make it to a couple of games a year. Hope you guys had fun. Maybe I can get down there for the next one in two years.
10-17-2017 06:45 AM
Advertisement

odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion

Don't worry, we still don't care about North Texas
10-17-2017 07:56 AM
MGNation92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNT
(10-17-2017 07:56 AM)odu09 Wrote:  

Oh good to know! Hope you enjoy your butt whooping in a couple weeks. I wonder how well the top defensive line in the conference will fare against us.
10-17-2017 08:32 AM
odu09 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-17-2017 08:32 AM)MGNation92 Wrote:  

Oh good to know! Hope you enjoy your butt whooping in a couple weeks. I wonder how well the top defensive line in the conference will fare against us.

That's a nice attempt at trash talk, but our fanbase realizes our only wins left are 1 between Rice and Charlotte, and neither of them is a guarantee. I hope you enjoy your free win.
10-17-2017 08:34 AM
MGNation92 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UNT
(10-17-2017 08:34 AM)odu09 Wrote:  
(10-17-2017 08:32 AM)MGNation92 Wrote:  

That's a nice attempt at trash talk, but our fanbase realizes our only wins left are 1 between Rice and Charlotte, and neither of them is a guarantee. I hope you enjoy your free win.

You sound like a North Texas fan. There's always next season 04-cheers
10-17-2017 08:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.