Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Preseason AAC basketball predictions?
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
[Image: DL85gsTVwAAE8Oa.jpg]

On Twitter, Dan Wolken just showed this from Athlon. This can't be right (and I'm not trying to be a troll) - there is no way that Memphis could be predicted to come in last.

USFFan
10-12-2017 11:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Preseason AAC basketball predictions?
We are going to be absolutely awful. I don't know that we'll be 12th place awful, but this is gonna be the worst Tiger team since the Tic Price days.
10-12-2017 11:52 AM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

I Root For: Wichita State
http://d1coachcorner.com/2017-2018/AAC-B...ctions.htm

1. Wichita State

2. Cincinnati

3. Houston

4. UCF

5. SMU

6. Connecticut

7. Memphis

8. Tulsa

9. Temple

10. East Carolina

11. South Florida

12. Tulane

This better Memphis fans?

T

...03-cool
10-12-2017 11:59 AM
FlyingTiger2016 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GaTech
(10-12-2017 11:52 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  We are going to be absolutely awful. I don't know that we'll be 12th place awful, but this is gonna be the worst Tiger team since the Tic Price days.

We have one of the easier conference schedules.

Tulane, ECU, USF, and Tulsa still don't have the talent that we have if you look at the recruiting rankings, and we play each of them twice.

We are going 9-9 in conference. 5th-7th. Anyone stating last place is an idiot.
10-12-2017 12:08 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Prediction of ECU's season based on the many faces of Jeff Lebo:

Non-Conference Cupcake Games:
[Image: jeff-lebo-display]
[Image: saturday-lebojpg-b82be1f47b7646ea_large.jpg]

After the 1st half of AAC play
[Image: Jeff+Lebo+7VONi1uk_3zm.jpg]
[Image: 6_3421942.jpg]
[Image: Jeff+Lebo+XlmAM2CPky_m.jpg]

At the end of AAC play
[Image: jeff+lebo+dean+smith+2+shot.JPG]

When Jeff Lebo realizes what his buyout is...
[Image: ECU-BK-Lebo-STA-web.jpg]
[Image: lebogolf.jpg?w=214&h=300]
10-12-2017 12:15 PM
maccoyle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
(10-12-2017 11:59 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  http://d1coachcorner.com/2017-2018/AAC-B...ctions.htm

1. Wichita State

2. Cincinnati

3. Houston

4. UCF

5. SMU

6. Connecticut

7. Memphis

8. Tulsa

9. Temple

10. East Carolina

11. South Florida

12. Tulane

T

...03-cool

I will eat my own ass if Temple comes in 9th place
10-12-2017 12:20 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
I'll throw this one in the mix since it has someone different on top 05-stirthepot

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...ita-state/

POWER RANKINGS

1. Cincinnati: Cincinnati has the experience and talent to win the league this season as the Bearcats should have more scoring pop than a typical Mick Cronin group. Broome’s addition in the backcourt is one to watch. It’s also noteworthy that Cincinnati will play its home games at Northern Kentucky’s BB&T Arena this season as their own arena undergoes renovations.

2. Wichita State: The Shockers finally get a call to the big leagues as they can immediately win this league if Shamet is healthy. Among the league’s deepest teams, Wichita State can wear anybody down by coming in waves as they’ll have the league’s best bench.

3. SMU: A severe lack of size could ultimately hurt the Mustangs this season but they’ll have some fun lineups with a lot of floor spacing. Shake Milton and Jarrey Foster are both proven AAC performers and as long as the transfers can step up, the Mustangs should be back in the Big Dance.

4. UCF: This could be a major year for the Knights as they advanced to the NIT semis with only seven scholarship players last season. Armed now with a complete roster that includes a big-time scorer and an elite rim protector, UCF could be a surprise nationally this season.

5. Temple: After a disappointing season, the Owls could make an NCAA tournament run if they are back at full strength. Senior Obi Enechionyia is one of the league’s best bigs while junior guard Shizz Alston is a proven scorer. If senior point guard Josh Brown looks like his old self after an Achilles’ injury then the Owls should bounce back.

6. UConn: The Huskies need to stay healthy in order to reach their ceiling but the roster still has plenty of talent. As long as the new frontcourt can hold its own during most games, UConn will have a chance to make it back to the postseason.

7. Houston: Besides for their unbelievable charity work in assisting after Hurricane Harvey, Houston is coming off of back-to-back 20-win seasons. Senior scorer Rob Gray, junior point guard Galen Robinson Jr. and senior forward Devin Davis are all back but they’ll need help from eight newcomers.

8. Tulsa: Last season, Tulsa had to integrate 10 new players into the roster so the Golden Hurricane should be more cohesive this season after only losing two this offseason. Senior forward Junior Etou is an all-league candidate while junior Sterling Taphorn is a solid floor leader.

9. East Carolina: The Pirates return a strong core trio in Kentrell Barkley, B.J. Tyson and Jeremy Sheppard but East Carolina is still lacking proven size. Having Lebo back on the sidelines will help but East Carolina still has too many question marks.

10. Tulane: Last season’s six-win effort was ugly for the Green Wave but there is some returning talent to keep an eye on. Junior guard Cameron Reynolds is a sleeper all-league candidate while Melvin Fraser and Ray Ona Embo showed flashes of strong play last season. Transfers Jordan Cornish (UNLV) and Samir Sehic (Vanderbilt) will help.

11. Memphis: Things got ugly for the Memphis roster when the Lawson brothers transferred to Kansas this offseason. Junior guard Jeremiah Martin finished last season in strong fashion but he doesn’t have a lot of proven help around him. JUCO all-americans Kareem Brewton and Kyvon Davenport need to contribute immediately.

12. USF: New head coach Brian Gregory brings in nearly an entirely new roster after seven players transferred this offseason. Returnees Troy Holston and Tulio Da Silva are both solid and the Bulls have a lot of help from grad transfers.
10-12-2017 12:22 PM
SHOCK_value Offline
2nd String

Memphis is projected to be so bad that us Shocker fans don't even get a return trip to Wichita and Koch Arena out of them this season, which really sucks.
10-12-2017 12:26 PM
ShockerFever Offline
Heisman

I don’t know what’s more surprising to see...
Memphis picked 12th or ECU picked 9th?
10-12-2017 12:35 PM
C0|db|00ded Offline
Instrument of Pain

(10-12-2017 12:22 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  I'll throw this one in the mix since it has someone different on top 05-stirthepot

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...ita-state/

POWER RANKINGS

1. Cincinnati: Cincinnati has the experience and talent to win the league this season as the Bearcats should have more scoring pop than a typical Mick Cronin group. Broome’s addition in the backcourt is one to watch. It’s also noteworthy that Cincinnati will play its home games at Northern Kentucky’s BB&T Arena this season as their own arena undergoes renovations.

2. Wichita State: The Shockers finally get a call to the big leagues as they can immediately win this league if Shamet is healthy. Among the league’s deepest teams, Wichita State can wear anybody down by coming in waves as they’ll have the league’s best bench.

WTF.

T

...03-cool
10-12-2017 12:37 PM
HuskyU Offline
Big East Overlord

I Root For: UCONN
6th place likely doesn't earn a tourney bid, which would make this year Ollie's last in Storrs.
10-12-2017 12:42 PM
Advertisement

Huskypride Offline
New Kid on the Block

I Root For: Competitive FB
So ucf v bama is better then UConn v cuse???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-12-2017 12:46 PM
SHOCK_value Offline
2nd String

(10-12-2017 12:42 PM)HuskyU Wrote:  6th place likely doesn't earn a tourney bid, which would make this year Ollie's last in Storrs.

To early to start the Marshall to UCONN thread?
10-12-2017 12:56 PM
bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-12-2017 12:20 PM)maccoyle Wrote:  
(10-12-2017 11:59 AM)C0|db|00ded Wrote:  http://d1coachcorner.com/2017-2018/AAC-B...ctions.htm

1. Wichita State

2. Cincinnati

3. Houston

4. UCF

5. SMU

6. Connecticut

7. Memphis

8. Tulsa

9. Temple

10. East Carolina

11. South Florida

12. Tulane

T

...03-cool

Well...Guess I'll add a Temple 9th place finish to the list of things I'll be rooting for this winter 03-lmfao
10-12-2017 01:01 PM
Nevadanatural Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tulsa
I think Tulsa will finish in the top 6 this season. Last year they needed to win the last game to clinch 5th place (with tie-breakers) but couldn’t pull it off and finished seventh. While the league as a whole will be improved, especially with the addition of WSU, there will be some shuffling and I expect Tulsa to be significantly improved on offense and hopefully on defense.
10-12-2017 01:17 PM
justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-12-2017 12:20 PM)maccoyle Wrote:  

1. Wichita State

2. Cincinnati

3. Houston

4. UCF

5. SMU

6. Connecticut

7. Memphis

8. Tulsa

9. Temple

10. East Carolina

11. South Florida

12. Tulane

T

...03-cool

Yea this is a whack ass prediction. I never want to read anything they have to say after a prediction like that.
10-12-2017 01:17 PM
Advertisement

justinhub2003 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
This league is going to be so fun to watch. The battle for 3rd place in the AAC will be one of better in college basketball

I could make an argument for UConn, temple, smu and UCF all being third place. Houston could finish anywhere 4-6 as well.

I want to pick ucf as third but I’ll stick with SMU.
10-12-2017 01:20 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
I’ve kept a running list on another thread of pre-season predictions to date for the Tigers and here are the results:

1. Mark Giannotto (Tiger CA beat writer) - (10/12/17 update) 17-14 or 18-13 overall and 8-10 or 9-9 in AAC play.
2. D1coachcorner.com - 7th Place
3. Jon Rothstein - 9th AAC place
4. College Sports Madness - 119th nationally, AAC 9th place
5. CBS Sports - 9th AAC Place
6. "T Rank" -9th AAC Place
7. Street and Smith - 9th place
8. Lindy's - 11th AAC Place
9. Athlon - 12th (last) AAC place

Last year, the 9th place AAC team (ECU) notched a 6-12 conference record and a 15-18 overall record.

Our team this year lacks highly rated talent (no consensus 4 or 5 stars), lacks experience at the D-1 level (three years team total), lacks experience playing with each other, has no proven 3 point shooter (342th out of 351 last year and our best shooter transferred), and coached by someone with losing records two out of the last four years.

There is a real poosibility the Tigers could suffer our first losing record since the freshmen where in diapers (1999-2000 season). However, hope exists. Tubby believes we will be “a very good team” and “we’ll be one of the most competitive teams” in the AAC.
10-12-2017 01:24 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
ECU should have a very talented, very experienced, very deep backcourt.

Our frontcourt is a dumpster fire filled with guys who may or may not even be able to tie their own shoes.
10-12-2017 01:27 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
UC
SMU
WSU
UCF
Temple
UH
UCONN
Tulsa
ECU
Memphis
USF
Tulane
10-12-2017 01:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.