Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Concealed Carry Reciprocity
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USC Upstate

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
Concealed Carry Reciprocity
Gun Owners America is now doing a full court press on it. This is the THIRD hard push mailer they've sent me, which includes one sided postcards (for fast USPS vetting) to Mitch and my Senators. And now they've had a lifetime member announce a $100k matching fund drive specifically earmarked for pushing the US Senate over the hump on national CCW reciprocity.

Where's the NRA on this?
Where's the GOP "leadership" on this?

There's a reason Ron Paul called GOA "the only no compromise gun lobby in Washington", and it's action like this instead of tepid talk that proves it.
10-11-2017 10:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Alabama
RE: Concealed Carry Reciprocity
I am not a fan of nationwide reciprocity.

This is where many conservatives fall off the bandwagon.
10-11-2017 10:47 PM

(10-11-2017 10:47 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I am not a fan of nationwide reciprocity.

Go on. I'm listening.
10-11-2017 10:48 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2017 10:48 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:47 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I am not a fan of nationwide reciprocity.

Go on. I'm listening.

I prefer for my state to make its own laws and regulations and not be forced by the Federal government to adopt those of another, even when it comes to guns which I support.
10-11-2017 10:51 PM

(10-11-2017 10:51 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I prefer for my state to make its own laws and regulations and not be forced by the Federal government to adopt those of another, even when it comes to guns which I support.

Your state already by its own choice has submitted itself to the laws and regulations of other states through voluntary reciprocity. With states that even do out of state CCW off just a background check like Utah. I can get Alabama CCW reciprocity right now through getting Utah out of state. No prints. No practical. Just a background check. And SC has, weirdly, one of the more tough CCW requirements (full prints with practical and mandatory training). Though we came about a half dozen votes shy of passing Constitutional Carry two years ago. And really it's just a matter of time before Constitutional Carry becomes the national standard. It's already well in motion.

So for me your argument doesn't carry water because Alabama has already voluntarily signed up for the loosest law on the books by having reciprocity with Utah.
10-11-2017 10:57 PM
HeartOfDixie Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-11-2017 10:57 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:51 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  I prefer for my state to make its own laws and regulations and not be forced by the Federal government to adopt those of another, even when it comes to guns which I support.

Your state already by its own choice has submitted itself to the laws and regulations of other states through voluntary reciprocity. With states that even do out of state CCW off just a background check like Utah. I can get Alabama CCW reciprocity right now through getting Utah out of state. No prints. No practical. Just a background check. And SC has, weirdly, one of the more tough CCW requirements (full prints with practical and mandatory training). Though we came about a half dozen votes shy of passing Constitutional Carry two years ago. And really it's just a matter of time before Constitutional Carry becomes the national standard. It's already well in motion.

So for me your argument doesn't carry water because Alabama has already voluntarily signed up for the loosest law on the books by having reciprocity with Utah.

I’m concerned with the process, not the result.

I’m fine with Alabama voluntarily entering into reciprocity agreements.

I’m not okay with a Federal Law mandating such a result.
10-11-2017 11:01 PM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Tiger Football
(10-11-2017 11:01 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 10:57 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

I’m concerned with the process, not the result.

I’m fine with Alabama voluntarily entering into reciprocity agreements.

I’m not okay with a Federal Law mandating such a result.

I'm with you on this. I like gun rights being expanded, but I'm definitely a Federalist. Tennessee is sovereign. The Feds can stick it up their arse.
10-11-2017 11:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Three Floyds

Donators
My knock on national reciprocity?

If you make it a federal law vs. an individual state decision you've effectively given up the high ground to the next administration that has a different view on gun rights as well as a state's ability to make all of those decisions.

It's fine how is. I have 43 or more states I can freely carry in.
10-12-2017 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Ban bans

I Root For: truffles
Yeah, I don't wish to cede my states rights to federal law. If I can't legally carry in another state then I'll do everything I can to avoid that state. While I kind of like the idea of the feds compelling a state that has no right to carry laws to allow it as a middle finger to them, I understand the inherent dangers of that.
10-12-2017 08:17 AM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
You don't respect the federal government, you don't respect the flag. You guys need to bow down to the authority. 05-stirthepot
10-12-2017 09:16 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.