U.S. eliminated from World Cup
Good thing we hired Fat Bruce.
10-10-2017 09:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

SilentStryk09 Offline
All American

I Root For: WMU
U.S. eliminated from World Cup
Greatest embarrassment in modern American sports.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
10-10-2017 09:21 PM
bronconick Offline
Hockey Nut

I Root For: WMU/FSU
RE: U.S. eliminated from World Cup
Execs at Fox Sports

[Image: eQXI1SE.gifhttp:]
10-10-2017 09:39 PM
ChicagoMan Offline
Banned

I Root For: Slippery Rock
Juregen er, Jurbag put us in a terrible position, which is why he got his pompous helicopter flying butt fired. Bruce nearly pulled off a miracle.

So metrofitz, meet me Saturday and we can discuss all of our differences like CHUCK NORRIS men.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 12:43 AM by ChicagoMan.)
10-11-2017 12:41 AM

wmubroncopilot Offline
All American

(10-11-2017 12:41 AM)ChicagoMan Wrote:  Juregen er, Jurbag put us in a terrible position, which is why he got his pompous gay butt fired. Bruce nearly pulled off a miracle.

So metrofritz, meet me Saturday and we can discuss all of our differences like CHUCK NORRIS men.

Good to know you think 13 of 24 points against CONCACAF, with 2 of the 3 hardest matches done, is a "miracle". Lower that bar some more for Bruce's fat arrogant azz.

Klinsmann's time was up, he had been around too long particularly for a national team coach. Somehow Gulati managed to pick an option even worse than keeping him.

No Johnson for 2 crucial matches. No Cameron for a do or die, instead traffic cone Gonzo puts one past Howard. Keeps isolating Pulisic on the wing. It's a mess and Gulati should fire him on the tarmac Lane Kiffin style, then step down himself for bungling this whole situation.

But I don't expect you to actually know anything about this. Instead just call him gay.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 01:04 AM by wmubroncopilot.)
10-11-2017 12:50 AM
Hoekjeness Offline
Heisman

When you’re a country of 350 million people and can’t compete with places like Costa Rica, Honduras, Panama, and Trinidad & Tobago....... yeah....
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 06:12 AM by Hoekjeness.)
10-11-2017 06:09 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

Bummer.

But I still love me some World Cup and will be watching. I enjoy it far more than the Olympics.

US media is going to miss all the Russia intrigue and subplots involving our team.
10-11-2017 07:38 AM

ChicagoMan Offline
Banned

(10-11-2017 12:50 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  
(10-11-2017 12:41 AM)ChicagoMan Wrote:  Juregen er, Jurbag put us in a terrible position, which is why he got his pompous gay butt fired. Bruce nearly pulled off a miracle.

So metrofritz, meet me Saturday and we can discuss all of our differences like CHUCK NORRIS men.

Good to know you think 13 of 24 points against CONCACAF, with 2 of the 3 hardest matches done, is a "miracle". Lower that bar some more for Bruce's fat arrogant azz.

Klinsmann's time was up, he had been around too long particularly for a national team coach. Somehow Gulati managed to pick an option even worse than keeping him.

No Johnson for 2 crucial matches. No Cameron for a do or die, instead traffic cone Gonzo puts one past Howard. Keeps isolating Pulisic on the wing. It's a mess and Gulati should fire him on the tarmac Lane Kiffin style, then step down himself for bungling this whole situation.

But I don't expect you to actually know anything about this. Instead just call him gay.

When I see Johnson play, his touches are terrible at best. Cameron in the last game against T&T looked like a cone back there.

Howard was terrible, that's where the issue really stood. Agree Gonzo shouldn't be out there, but I think the real problem is that we hadn't developed any players to step in for this old crew for the last five years. Jurbag was awful that way, only looked for players with German descent that could pass the test to play for USMNT.

Gullati stuck with Jurbag way too long, the guy was a complete disaster for USA Soccer. Gullati has to go as well, I hope he gets challenged and loses.

BTW metrofitz, you being gay or not is irrelevant. Some of my best friends are gay, I even had them over for a cookout last week. 03-shhhh
10-11-2017 11:43 AM
wmubroncopilot Offline
All American

Johnson couldn't get forward against CRC because he spent the entire match trying to put out Bruce's boy Villafana's fires at left back. Then Fabian gets to fall on the sword because it has to be the German's fault. If there is concern over his fitness use him as a super sub. He is our most versatile player and that he gets to miss likely his last World Cup (after he played so well in Brazil) because Bruce wouldn't even give him a call) is just disheartening.

Cameron is not anything amazing but he has easily, EASILY been our best CB since Brooks went down. He saved our asses singlehandedly at Azteca and had one bad match for Bruce against CRC. He is so much better than Omar Gonzalez its not even funny. Leaving him off in not one but both do or die matches is f***ing inexcusable. So is starting Zusi against CRC and Honduras away when Tim Chandler is playing 90 every week in the Bundesliga. Yes, Howard has been done for over a year now. Our GK situation is not great because of that (and we were screwed in Russia regardless for that reason), but Bill Hamid is better than what we're getting from him. So is Ethan Horvath and probably even Guzan.

No national team coach will ever be a miracle worker. They don't have enough control over the talent. I prefer Jurgen trying to go out and find dual nationals as part of the plan vs Bruce plugging in aging MLS guys and thinking things will change. Unfortunately Jurgen lost the room because he's a tactical disaster and they found the worst possible solution.

BTW, some of these guys (looking at Villafana) can't even get minutes for their mediocre club teams. There is a whole world of soccer out there outside of the USMNT with much greater sample sizes to look at. Bruce (or more accurately USSF) doesn't care. They just want their guys, most of whom play in MLS where their minutes are guaranteed if they ever played in a World Cup for the USMNT.

Pretty much everyone agrees that this team was not set up for success in Russia due to the talent pool. However, they were MORE than talented enough to make it out of the Hex. This was one point we needed to get against Trinidad for gods sake. I dont care if it was played on the moon. That's on Bruce, and Gulati for hiring his weird, arrogant, nationalistic ass. Why you defend this is beyond me.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 01:24 PM by wmubroncopilot.)
10-11-2017 01:22 PM
ChicagoMan Offline
Banned

He had to fire Jurbag. He lost the team, and it was evident his last games. Bruce was the only guy who made sense to take the dumpster fire. Johnson is a useless clown with a big leg, he loses fights mid field as a holding mid, gives the ball away with such frequency he should be wearing the other teams jersey! I'd leave him off any roster, (but I would take him over Beasley, NOW).

We were screwed with Villafana at left back with that formation of four back right from the get go. That wasn't going to work. Bradley's best days were behind him, but what I saw last summer in the Gold Cup, we have talent that if brought up and developed, capped for international play, could have and would have contributed greatly in the Hex. THAT is on JURBAG.

Screaming about this cast and who should have been where is rearranging chairs on the top deck of a sinking ship. This cast was screwed due to five years of mismanagement by that metro lisping German idiot who'd rather fly his chopper and criticize our soccer culture instead of presenting decent solutions. They as a group have done great things for this country, but no way should we be stuck with an aging group of guys like this because the manager the last five years was unwilling or didn't know how to bring players up and work them and get them international game exposure.

The one positive is that Russia gets screwed now.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2017 01:46 PM by ChicagoMan.)
10-11-2017 01:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.