Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Packed Stadium
Bookmark and Share
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

I Root For: jmu
Packed Stadium
As many people looking for tickets for Saturday, there should not be one empty seat in that stadium. If you are not going to be there, put your ticket up for sale.
10-10-2017 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BSKB 24 Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU
RE: Packed Stadium
There will still be plenty of open seats in the gold section. Shame they won't get used.
10-10-2017 03:25 PM
BleedingPurple Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-10-2017 03:25 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  There will still be plenty of open seats in the gold section. Shame they won't get used.

I have not been convinced that section needs as many seats as it has with so many staying inside. Even the last GameDay event against RU it appeared only half the seats were ever used.
10-10-2017 03:33 PM
BSKB 24 Offline
All American

(10-10-2017 03:33 PM)BleedingPurple Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 03:25 PM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  There will still be plenty of open seats in the gold section. Shame they won't get used.

I have not been convinced that section needs as many seats as it has with so many staying inside. Even the last GameDay event against RU it appeared only half the seats were ever used.

I think there are a lot of no shows there. They have money so they buy up the seats and they go un-used.
10-10-2017 03:35 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

...This

They ought to be allowed to bring a kid who's a designated Rooter. Kid can't come in the bar, fat cat booster can't use the seat. (not that they would anyway).
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 04:27 PM by olddawg.)
10-10-2017 03:40 PM
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

Come on JMU get those seats sold.
10-10-2017 03:43 PM
Advertisement

jmuduke10 Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison U
(10-10-2017 03:43 PM)jmudukes Wrote:  

They are already sold
10-10-2017 03:50 PM
2Buck Offline
All American

I Root For: James Madison
(10-10-2017 03:40 PM)olddawg Wrote:  
...This

They ought to be allowed to bring a kid who's designated Rooter. Kid can't come in the bar, fat cat booster can't use the seat. (not that they would anyway.

I thought they already did this, or was that the Oscars? Great idea to let students rotate around in those vacant seats. There's a difference between being a no-show and hanging out in the lounge, no-shows should feel obligated to let students sit there.

Or they should sell more tickets than seats knowing "x" percent hang out in the lounge, and the chairbacks can be open seating.
10-10-2017 04:27 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Only thing left in the club were scattered singles as of early Sunday. That was pre Gameday announcement. My guess is they are all sold by now.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 04:33 PM by Dukesfan71.)
10-10-2017 04:32 PM
LovethoseDukes Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU of course!
There is sold.....and I will be sitting in that seat and sold....and I have no intention on coming to the game but I was too lazy to sell my ticket. If you are not going to use your seat either sell it, give it away, or something. With the way ticket prices have skyrocketed this week you can probably make enough to pay for most of your season ticket cost.

And if you are a student and have a student ticket and are not planning to be there for the entire game, turn the ticket back in so another student who is a last minute planner can get your ticket.
10-10-2017 04:48 PM
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

(10-10-2017 03:50 PM)jmuduke10 Wrote:  

They are already sold

The people are there (at BFS) who own the seats, they are just inside socializing. I was fortunate to be invited to the club level for the NSU game. I sat in my regular seats for the first quarter and then went to the club. It was almost impossible to walk inside because there were so many people. It is basically just a big party.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 05:39 PM by lingerba.)
10-10-2017 05:39 PM
Advertisement

JMU2004 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: DUKES
I would also add, if they want to pony $2250+ and another $700/ticket, do whatever the heck you want and JMU thanks you for the revenue.
10-10-2017 06:02 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

(10-10-2017 05:39 PM)lingerba Wrote:  
(10-10-2017 03:50 PM)jmuduke10 Wrote:  

They are already sold

The people are there (at BFS) who own the seats, they are just inside socializing. I was fortunate to be invited to the club level for the NSU game. I sat in my regular seats for the first quarter and then went to the club. It was almost impossible to walk inside because there were so many people. It is basically just a big party.

Yep, exactly. It's not so much that they are no shows, they're just no shows in the seats and stay back and schmooze in the club area so it appears nobody is there. I can't say that I blame folks so much for that when we're up by 40 against a cupcake, but Saturday is not the day for that. The weather forecast is perfect, we have a very good opponent, the crowd should be into it ... get out of your cave and spend the day outside rootin. You can hang around with rich people at a bar any time.
10-10-2017 06:29 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-10-2017 02:01 PM)jmudukes Wrote:  As many people looking for tickets for Saturday, there should not be one empty seat in that stadium. If you are not going to be there, put your ticket up for sale.

That will NEVER come remotely close to that. In a typical game there are always going to be:
-A percent that don't plan on going and don't/can't give away/sell their tickets for whatever reason, or are too lazy to.
-A certain percent that plan on going but don't for some reason last minute (something comes up with work, personal life, they don't feel well, etc) and don't/can't give away/sell their tickets, being last minute.
-A certain percent that go but have extra tickets.
-A certain percent who never make it in from the tailgate lots.
-A certain percent who arrive late.
-A certain percent who leave early.
-A certain percent who are going to and from the concessions and bathrooms or hanging out on the concourse.
-Club socializing as mentioned in previous posts.

Even your 'typical' sellout won't have anywhere close to every seat occupied at any one moment. In good weather at the peak attendance (2nd quarter after almost all late arrivals have gotten there, before any early departures, not during a TV time out with a # of people hitting bathrooms or concessions) I bet 3/4 in seats at any one moment would be a stretch. The thing is though 3/4 will look pretty 'packed' or 'full' esp on the non chairback seats. In Bridgeforth you put 19k people, seated all at once, evenly spreadout, and that's going to look pretty full.

Now this not being your 'typical' sellout I expect it to look pretty 'packed/full' from sometime in the 1st quarter up to halftime..
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 07:24 PM by BDKJMU.)
10-10-2017 07:23 PM
DoubleDDuke Offline
Heisman

I don't think it was meant literally but it should at least appear that way. This is the one that makes me shake my head. I enjoy tailgating as much as the next person but I can do that in my back yard. I don't get it. I have friends who will drive a 5 hour round trip and literally never go into the game and it pisses me off. Why didn't you just do this in your back yard? You're obviously nowhere close to a football fan is you do this. If you don't want to stop drinking we all know it's pretty damn easy to get around that.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 07:49 PM by DoubleDDuke.)
10-10-2017 07:47 PM
BDKJMU Offline
Heisman

(10-10-2017 07:47 PM)DoubleDDuke Wrote:  I don't think it was meant literally but it should at least appear that way. This is the one that makes me shake my head. I enjoy tailgating as much as the next person but I can do that in my back yard. I don't get it. I have friends who will drive a 5 hour round trip and literally never go into the game and it pisses me off. Why didn't you just do this in your back yard? You're obviously nowhere close to a football fan is you do this. If you don't want to stop drinking we all know it's pretty damn easy to get around that.

Yeah, you have a lot of people driving 4-5 hrs roundtrip. Instead of tailgating for 2-3 hours, then leaving your tailgate for 3-4 hours to go to the game, its 5-7 hours at a tailgate. Literally 9-12 hours out of their day to grill, drink beer, play cornhole or whatever in a parking lot. And some of them have bought tickets. A real head scratcher to me.
10-10-2017 08:06 PM
Advertisement

RamDawg Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU VCU
I know of a company that has 4 club tickets that got used twice last season. We're not the only ones with this problem. VCU basketball is the same way. There are center court seats ($10K & $25K donation levels) that are vacant more than they are occupied. I don't get it, if they aren't going to use a ticket, the AD has made is so easy to transfer them online to someone that wants them.

I wonder if it would be possible for JMU to offer different options for the Club section. Club room access only, Club seat only and Club and seat access.
10-11-2017 11:46 AM
PhillyDuke Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2017 11:46 AM)RamDawg Wrote:  I know of a company that has 4 club tickets that got used twice last season. We're not the only ones with this problem. VCU basketball is the same way. There are center court seats ($10K & $25K donation levels) that are vacant more than they are occupied. I don't get it, if they aren't going to use a ticket, the AD has made is so easy to transfer them online to someone that wants them.

I wonder if it would be possible for JMU to offer different options for the Club section. Club room access only, Club seat only and Club and seat access.

Great idea. The only downside as I could see it would be risk of temporary fire code violations, if most everyone were inside.
10-11-2017 11:49 AM
jmudukes Offline
2nd String

(10-11-2017 11:46 AM)RamDawg Wrote:  I know of a company that has 4 club tickets that got used twice last season. We're not the only ones with this problem. VCU basketball is the same way. There are center court seats ($10K & $25K donation levels) that are vacant more than they are occupied. I don't get it, if they aren't going to use a ticket, the AD has made is so easy to transfer them online to someone that wants them.

can you contact the company and see if they are going to use them; too many people looking for tickets
10-11-2017 11:55 AM
KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

That'll be every team in every sport everywhere forever unless you're talking pretty low level of sports. It's frustrating to those of us that would love to see a packed stadium where everyone is standing and cheering from the coin toss up through "All We Do Is Win" but that's just the way it is.

Still, an event like this will make things better than they usually are and nothing wrong with encouraging as many as possible to be hardcore fanatics for a day. Last time GameDay came, the atmosphere at BFS was amazing.
10-11-2017 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.