Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football Tailgating Options
Bookmark and Share
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I'm sure this is going to get spammed by everyone telling me not to waste my time etc. However, I am looking for some good feedback.

My friends and I traditionally have tailgated in the lot behind Martino's. That lot has gotten worse and worse over the years to the point where it's frustrating to get there and even find a decent spot that has more than a few feet infront of your vehicle.

It appears to me that the lot behind Bogart's has a similar issue.

I'm looking to see if anyone else has experience around campus other than The Grid. I called and inquired about that and it looks like it is sold out for Homecoming, but available for the other two games.

Just feeling things out.

Thanks for the help.

10-09-2017 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
RE: Football Tailgating Options
If you aren't grilling , a bunch of us tailgate in the campus green garage on various levels and the roof overlooking the grid (and the business college construction) . It's pass only , but they sell them for $15 in advance of game day on the parking services site.

10-09-2017 12:35 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(10-09-2017 11:42 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  I'm sure this is going to get spammed by everyone telling me not to waste my time etc. However, I am looking for some good feedback.

My friends and I traditionally have tailgated in the lot behind Martino's. That lot has gotten worse and worse over the years to the point where it's frustrating to get there and even find a decent spot that has more than a few feet infront of your vehicle.

I'm looking to see if anyone else has experience around campus other than The Grid. I called and inquired about that and it looks like it is sold out for Homecoming, but available for the other two games.

Just feeling things out.

Thanks for the help.

We've been in the Martinos lot for years. The spots have kind of dwindled there as the housing went up. There are certain spots that are still great, though the overall atmosphere has declined as the tailgating has become more limited. Luckily we have a couple people in our group who still get their insanely early and hold the spots where we like to tailgate.

10-09-2017 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

(10-09-2017 01:13 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(10-09-2017 11:42 AM)djtothemoney Wrote:  I'm sure this is going to get spammed by everyone telling me not to waste my time etc. However, I am looking for some good feedback.

Just feeling things out.

Thanks for the help.

We've been in the Martinos lot for years. The spots have kind of dwindled there as the housing went up. There are certain spots that are still great, though the overall atmosphere has declined as the tailgating has become more limited. Luckily we have a couple people in our group who still get their insanely early and hold the spots where we like to tailgate.

We have been as well. There are only a handful of decent spots now and it's not worth camping out and hoping the spots aren't occupied by people who aren't actually tailgating in the lot. I'm just sick of dealing with it at this point.

10-09-2017 03:16 PM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
(10-09-2017 12:35 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  If you aren't grilling , a bunch of us tailgate in the campus green garage on various levels and the roof overlooking the grid (and the business college construction) . It's pass only , but they sell them for $15 in advance of game day on the parking services site.

Yeah, can't recommend this enough. We do the same. Really don't want the secret to get out, but the more, the merrier, right? Right?

10-09-2017 03:17 PM
nachoman91 Offline
All American

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Just feeling things out.

Thanks for the help.

Join us on the Grid next year. Get a season pass. Its a fantastic atmosphere!

10-10-2017 07:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I was amazed that Michigan used their beautiful campus golf course for tailgating. Seems a revenue starved City of Cincinnati might consider a similar plan for Burnet Woods. Public parks are for the people to enjoy.

10-10-2017 07:25 AM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(10-10-2017 07:25 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  I was amazed that Michigan used their beautiful campus golf course for tailgating. Seems a revenue starved City of Cincinnati might consider a similar plan for Burnet Woods. Public parks are for the people to enjoy.
UC has tried for years but the city has never agreed. I don't see them staying any time soon.

10-10-2017 07:50 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(10-10-2017 07:25 AM)OKIcat Wrote:  I was amazed that Michigan used their beautiful campus golf course for tailgating. Seems a revenue starved City of Cincinnati might consider a similar plan for Burnet Woods. Public parks are for the people to enjoy.

Purdue used the golf course for parking and tailgating.

10-10-2017 07:54 AM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS

I wish UC could buy Burnet Woods and put in a golf course, etc.

10-10-2017 07:55 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Boy isn't that the truth. One of the biggest wasted spaces in the area. The parks dept. is getting hammered for a lot of things in this audit released yesterday, maybe it shakes someone/thing up over there. However, helping Uc 6 or 7 days a year isn't likely a priority. Maybe a big group of fans should just seize the place on game day. Power in numbers.

10-10-2017 11:36 AM
Advertisement

mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
I believe you probably can set up an awning and tailgate in burnet. It's a park and picnicking is allowed.

However it is my understanding that UC will never own or buy burner. Back in the 60s when DAAP was built it was on a piece of property that used to be in burnet. UC got permission to build on it with the understanding and agreement that was the end of expansion and Burnet would remain a park forever.

10-10-2017 11:52 AM
JPBearcat3 Offline
we'll do the rest, boys

I Root For: #BearcatNation
Wasn't there a period within the last decade where you COULD tailgate in Burnet Woods, or am I dreaming that up? If so, how did that go?

Because, yes, after tailgating on a beautiful golf course up in Ann Arbor, there's no reason the university and the city couldn't work something out with Burnet Woods.

10-10-2017 02:40 PM
cpawstoney Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U.C.
There's no law saying you can't tailgate in Burnet Woods, you just have to follow the rules and keep your pint in a paper bag.

10-10-2017 03:05 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
What happened to the talk a while back of closing off short vine for tailgating on game days?

It would be a boon for most of the businesses there. Win win.

10-10-2017 03:10 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

(10-10-2017 03:10 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  What happened to the talk a while back of closing off short vine for tailgating on game days?

It would be a boon for most of the businesses there. Win win.

Not for tailgating in the traditional sense, but they did close it off 2 years ago.

10-10-2017 04:09 PM
Advertisement

djtothemoney Offline
2nd String

They close it off and have a block party, but no one really goes to it.

10-11-2017 12:26 PM
Fubar Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: The Red & Black
(10-10-2017 07:50 AM)mlb Wrote:  
UC has tried for years but the city has never agreed. I don't see them staying any time soon.

The city was willing to let us tailgate in Burnet. I worked will Willie to make it happen.

10-13-2017 09:12 PM
The T-Shirt Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Bearcats
Hey, so I've never had the chance to tailgate before, and my wife is bringing her UC alumni friend and her friends parents and current UC student brother to the game this Saturday. Are the tailgates on the Grid open for us to wander about? Like I said, never done this before and don't know how to go about it.

10-20-2017 07:03 PM
Bearhawkeye Offline
The King of Breakfast

I Root For: Zinzinnati
(10-20-2017 07:03 PM)The T-Shirt Wrote:  Hey, so I've never had the chance to tailgate before, and my wife is bringing her UC alumni friend and her friends parents and current UC student brother to the game this Saturday. Are the tailgates on the Grid open for us to wander about? Like I said, never done this before and don't know how to go about it.

For newbies with no connections to meet up with, I would think this would be an option to consider.

Republic of Cincinnati

No personal experience but they seem to have a good reputation while being very open to 1st timers or any UC fan "all are welcome, community style". Hopefully more knowledgeable others will chime in but I didn't want to see you hanging...

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2017 08:08 AM by Bearhawkeye.)
10-20-2017 09:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.