Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buffalo
Bookmark and Share
142niu Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU
Buffalo
The Bulls are a very formidable opponent next week. I got to watch all of the 4th quarter and the 7 over times yesterday. Their back up QB went crazy yesterday. This kid threw for almost 600 yards and was throwing laser beams all over the field (with a track around it). I noticed the Buffalo receivers are very tall, which could cause some concerns for our DB's. The Bulls rank #102 on Total Defense. #124th against the run and #38 against the pass.

Their total offense is ranked 28th but very misleading considering yesterdays 7 over time circus.

They very clearly could not stop Western Michigan yesterday.

They played very closely in their other two losses against solid Minnesota and Army squads. Also worth noting, they beat a decent team in Florida Atlantic.

My guess is we will be favored by a touchdown. A game we definitely should win!!

Dear Rod. Make them respect our pass and then pound the ball down their throat. Let the defense do what they do and then Good Night Buffalo.
10-08-2017 02:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

NILAW Online
1st String

RE: Buffalo
(10-08-2017 02:16 PM)142niu Wrote:  The Bulls are a very formidable opponent next week. I got to watch all of the 4th quarter and the 7 over times yesterday. Their back up QB went crazy yesterday. This kid threw for almost 600 yards and was throwing laser beams all over the field (with a track around it). I noticed the Buffalo receivers are very tall, which could cause some concerns for our DB's. The Bulls rank #102 on Total Defense. #124th against the run and #38 against the pass.

Their total offense is ranked 28th but very misleading considering yesterdays 7 over time circus.

They very clearly could not stop Western Michigan yesterday.

They played very closely in their other two losses against solid Minnesota and Army squads. Also worth noting, they beat a decent team in Florida Atlantic.

My guess is we will be favored by a touchdown. A game we definitely should win!!

Dear Rod. Make them respect our pass and then pound the ball down their throat. Let the defense do what they do and then Good Night Buffalo.

So we look like we should be run heavy to exploit their weakness. Do we see a heavy dose of Childers QB runs/read option plays? Part of coaching is to analyze a teams strengths and weaknesses and develop a game plan for those.
10-08-2017 02:43 PM
NIU84 Offline
Special Teams

Rod's now a QB Whisperer, he'll switch quickly if the 1st guy doesn't move the team. It took 2 (or 3) offensive series to see Childers in there vs KSU; if Childers starts vs UB and doesn't do much quickly, in comes Santa (or even Graham if healthy).

I wonder if they split the reps in practice this week, I think they usually declare an #1 and give him most of the reps. Wonder if we'll hear about this mid week.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2017 08:20 PM by NIU84.)
10-08-2017 08:19 PM
MaddDawgz02 Online
Legend

I Root For: any UT opponent
(10-08-2017 08:19 PM)NIU84 Wrote:  Rod's now a QB Whisperer, he'll switch quickly if the 1st guy doesn't move the team. It took 2 (or 3) offensive series to see Childers in there vs KSU; if Childers starts vs UB and doesn't do much quickly, in comes Santa (or even Graham if healthy).

I wonder if they split the reps in practice this week, I think they usually declare an #1 and give him most of the reps. Wonder if we'll hear about this mid week.

There may be many points on Carey's performance as a coach that area debatable, but the one thing we know for fact, that cannot be debated, when it comes to quarterbacks, it is a huge huge huge cluster when it comes to him.
10-08-2017 09:30 PM

numbersdontlie Offline
Livin in a van down by the river.

I look forward to Corcoran and Smith having several meetings in the backfield.
10-08-2017 09:39 PM
badmoonrising13 Online
Heisman

Our defense can get humbled by Buffalo. Their QB gets rid of the ball quickly. Our offense has to run effectively and our secondary has to make big plays. Their receivers can also run after the catch. This game is scaring me more and more.
10-08-2017 09:44 PM
MaddDawgz02 Online
Legend

I Root For: any UT opponent
Kind of odd there is no line on this game yet , only game in the country without a line
10-09-2017 12:23 AM

MiamiHuskie Offline
1st String

(10-09-2017 12:23 AM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  Kind of odd there is no line on this game yet , only game in the country without a line

Yeah, I saw that. I wonder what the deal is.
10-09-2017 08:10 AM
NIU007 Online
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
Buffalo is the kind of team we've always struggled with - a good passing team. Yes, we have a better pass rush this year than we usually have and much better than in recent years - but their QB seems to get rid of the ball pretty quickly, not sure even Sutton Smith can get there that fast. On the other hand, Buffalo's WRs were wide open on some of those. Hopefully it will take them longer to get open against NIU. T'will be a challenge.
10-09-2017 08:55 AM
shack66 Offline
2nd String

(10-08-2017 08:19 PM)NIU84 Wrote:  Rod's now a QB Whisperer, he'll switch quickly if the 1st guy doesn't move the team. It took 2 (or 3) offensive series to see Childers in there vs KSU; if Childers starts vs UB and doesn't do much quickly, in comes Santa (or even Graham if healthy).

I don't think the move was about Santa's performance but more of a scripted alternate series against a lesser opponent. It was a great opportunity to see what Marcus could do. With the success, the script changed to him playing more. I don't think you'll see alternating series against buffalo, but more a quick hook if the QB who ever starts is unsuccessful. I think if he makes a switch during the game it may be a permanent one. Unless he sticks with Santa and puts marcus in for a play or two instead of a series.
10-09-2017 10:05 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.