Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBC CUSA Basketball Preview
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: Marshall U

Donators
MyBB NBC CUSA Basketball Preview
Not sure if this has been posted yet or not.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2...-beat/amp/
10-08-2017 06:38 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

AdoptedMonarch Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: NBC CUSA Basketball Preview
The months-old news out of Norfolk that "intriguing addition" Greg McClinton is out for the season apparently has not yet made its way to NBCSports. This leaves us thin in the front court.

Nonetheless, bring on basketball season!
10-08-2017 07:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WKUYG Away
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(10-08-2017 07:24 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  The months-old news out of Norfolk that "intriguing addition" Greg McClinton is out for the season apparently has not yet made its way to NBCSports. This leaves us thin in the front court.

Nonetheless, bring on basketball season!

Not as thin as Western. Western has the injury prone Kansas GT 6'9 Dwight Coleby and 6'6 Justin Johnson. Before you ask..nope I didn't leave anyone else out. Still waiting on the NCAA to clear 6'9 Moustapha Diagne.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_...342319.php

To go with those 2 inside players Western has 6 guards to go with them...8 players total with 1 walk-on and 6'9 Moustapha Diagne waiting on the NCAA
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017 10:16 PM by WKUYG.)
10-10-2017 08:23 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Wasn't Mitchell Robinson's AAU team an Adidas team also ?

04-jawdrop
10-10-2017 09:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

WKUYG Away
Heisman

Nike is what he always wore
10-10-2017 09:56 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
(10-10-2017 09:56 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Nike is what he always wore

You think Adidas "under the tablers" had anything to do with him leaving WKU ?
10-11-2017 07:55 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

(10-11-2017 07:55 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  

Ha, I don't think this kid would have a clue or smart enough to even get paid by anyone...If he did get paid he would be sitting out this season to play next year and making bank at Kansas, an "addidas school"...That's my guess where he thought he was going when he left WKU, now at Kansas he probably had a good offer of money on the table...
10-11-2017 08:42 AM

WKUYG Away
Heisman

Don't have a clue on MR and I was one of the very few, maybe the only one, that didn't want him at Western . Of course at first I did but mid July with some of the stuff linked to his twitter...I would have been happy if he never set foot on campus. I especially didn't want him in Aug. when he did not report with the rest of his teammates. I don't care for 1 and done and that goes for the GT's that Western had 3 of last year and 2 this season. They are mostly selfish players. Or they wouldn't have left the past school.

The one thing I do know...Western let Russel off the hook for $700,000 a year over the next 4. To sign with Nike for about half that. Nike is what coach Stansbury wanted. Yes Russel was getting out of the gear game but other schools still have remaining deals. So Western could have keep them under contract for the 4 years. Why the AD of a school that struggles with budget would let $1,200,000 just fly out the door is concerning to me.
10-11-2017 09:12 AM
MUsince96 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Saw the "NBC CUSA" and thought we had a new deal with NBC..
10-11-2017 09:33 AM
Rojogrande Offline
Special Teams

(10-11-2017 09:12 AM)WKUYG Wrote:  

Don't have a clue on MR and I was one of the very few, maybe the only one, that didn't want him at Western . Of course at first I did but mid July with some of the stuff linked to his twitter...I would have been happy if he never set foot on campus. I especially didn't want him in Aug. when he did not report with the rest of his teammates. I don't care for 1 and done and that goes for the GT's that Western had 3 of last year and 2 this season. They are mostly selfish players. Or they wouldn't have left the past school.

The one thing I do know...Western let Russel off the hook for $700,000 a year over the next 4. To sign with Nike for about half that. Nike is what coach Stansbury wanted. Yes Russel was getting out of the gear game but other schools still have remaining deals. So Western could have keep them under contract for the 4 years. Why the AD of a school that struggles with budget would let $1,200,000 just fly out the door is concerning to me.

Couple things when it comes to Russell. There is only 1 school with a remaining deal in place and that is Southern Miss who expires this summer. Georgia Tech left them as well. If you are referring strictly to basketball then I can assure you that Russell was paying them pennies on the dollar for what WKU was getting from them.

We aren't losing that much with Nike. We are getting roughly $450,000 a year from Nike. While still a little bit of a pay cut...we also get some other incentives such as additional fan apparel which generates more revenue in licensing fees to go along with accessories such as shoes etc at a bigger discount then what we were paying to just have a shoe deal with Nike.
10-12-2017 03:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.