Couldn't resist
10-07-2017 06:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
RE: Fire Esposito
I think most of us didn't like that hire in the first place.
10-07-2017 08:02 PM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wmu
But the whole staff knows each other from cubit era and times together at St Peter and Mary or whatever D3 school Aikens and Corey Sanders came from. Surely hiring your friends will work out great!!
10-07-2017 08:05 PM
brovol Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU/ARMY
(10-07-2017 08:05 PM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  But the whole staff knows each other from cubit era and times together at St Peter and Mary or whatever D3 school Aikens and Corey Sanders came from. Surely hiring your friends will work out great!!

Hey, watch your tongue. Ulysses Grant hired his old buddies when he became President, and look how that worked out..... err..... well maybe that's not the best example.
10-07-2017 08:20 PM
New School Bronco Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
(10-07-2017 08:05 PM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  But the whole staff knows each other from cubit era and times together at St Peter and Mary or whatever D3 school Aikens and Corey Sanders came from. Surely hiring your friends will work out great!!

The D from last year never gave up more than 35 last year. Some how we give up 68 today. Smells of Cubit to me
10-07-2017 08:20 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Wasn't it 35 all after regulation? Not saying they played well but still.
10-07-2017 08:36 PM
Advertisement

Wheres_Waldo? Offline
Special Teams

ill prepared to play today. Hopefully, it's a huge wake up call and the staff and team respond.
10-07-2017 08:47 PM
MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
(10-07-2017 08:20 PM)New School Bronco Wrote:  

The D from last year never gave up more than 35 last year. Some how we give up 68 today. Smells of Cubit to me

03-banghead03-hissyfit03-banghead Been watching Bronco football since 1961 and I can not recall a game where our pass defense was so inempt. JUST PAINFUL TO WATCH WHAT WAS ONE OUR ALLEGED STRENGTHS become such a train wreck.

Gotta hope they learn something from this. Or else TOLEDO AND NORTHERN ILLINOIS ARE REALLY GONNA BE UGLY.
10-07-2017 08:51 PM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Lester admitted post game that they have a ton of things to work on. Even so, we battled back and didn't give in. Winning games like this is tough, real tough. Let's not go overboard in our criticism, it's still a Win!

10-07-2017 08:57 PM
Stampede your face!! Offline
All American

Shouldn't it be Daoust?
10-07-2017 09:49 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(10-07-2017 09:49 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  Shouldn't it be Daoust?

He was hired first. They are listed as Co-DCs.

Which I've always thought is a bad idea.
10-08-2017 08:58 AM
Advertisement

All American

(10-08-2017 08:58 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 09:49 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  Shouldn't it be Daoust?

He was hired first. They are listed as Co-DCs.

Which I've always thought is a bad idea.

Yes it is a bad idea. Lester should have hired Duggan to be defensive coordinator. He has actually been successful in the position at the D1 level.

This is going to be an issue going forward. Is Lester going to be capable of making the changes to his staff that will be needed.
10-08-2017 10:11 AM
Doo Offline
1st String

The problem with hiring your pals is that at some point you might have to fire your pals
10-08-2017 10:35 AM
BroncoJim Offline
2nd String

How much of an impact does Sanders lack of experience at the FBS level - both as a coach and a player - have on the inconsistent and, at times, poor play of the DB's? Is he out of his depth, or is his lack of experience at this level not that big of a deal?
10-08-2017 10:37 AM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

I thought it odd personal choice you leave a HC position you began from the ground up to be basically a position coach in the MAC and got a glorified title because you’re friends. Even if it is D2

I would almost guarantee Duggan leaves after this year. To be passed over for the DC position by 2 guys when you have more than enough qualifications and are only remaining coach with insight on current personnel has to be a slap in the face.
10-08-2017 10:40 AM
Wmufan715 Offline
2nd String

But the main DC is Daoust who I hated from beginning. He was Ball states DC last year and was only opponent arrogant enough to think they could go 1 on 1 with Corey. Not even Wisconsin or Northwestern tried it.
10-08-2017 10:42 AM
Advertisement

BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-08-2017 10:35 AM)Doo Wrote:  The problem with hiring your pals is that at some point you might have to fire your pals

Hiring your pals worked great with Jake Moreland and Bill Kenney. Our TE and OL performance has been stellar this year. Those two coaches have done great.
10-08-2017 10:59 AM
All American

(10-08-2017 10:37 AM)BroncoJim Wrote:  How much of an impact does Sanders lack of experience at the FBS level - both as a coach and a player - have on the inconsistent and, at times, poor play of the DB's? Is he out of his depth, or is his lack of experience at this level not that big of a deal?

I don't think it's a big deal. Before yesterday, I think we would have said that our secondary is a strength of this football team. Maybe the best position group. Buffalo hit 2 big plays right away, both on miscommunications between corners and safety. Then all of a sudden you start second guessing.

I think our secondary will be fine. I just think they got beat early, lost confidence and got no help from their defensive front seven.

I am less worried about our secondary than I am our defensive line who are getting hit with injury and weren't our best group to begin with.
10-08-2017 11:01 AM
BroncoPhilly Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(10-08-2017 11:01 AM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 10:37 AM)BroncoJim Wrote:  How much of an impact does Sanders lack of experience at the FBS level - both as a coach and a player - have on the inconsistent and, at times, poor play of the DB's? Is he out of his depth, or is his lack of experience at this level not that big of a deal?

I don't think it's a big deal. Before yesterday, I think we would have said that our secondary is a strength of this football team. Maybe the best position group. Buffalo hit 2 big plays right away, both on miscommunications between corners and safety. Then all of a sudden you start second guessing.

I think our secondary will be fine. I just think they got beat early, lost confidence and got no help from their defensive front seven.

I am less worried about our secondary than I am our defensive line who are getting hit with injury and weren't our best group to begin with.

Thank God we picked up Steven Clark, he was stellar again yesterday. Think where we would be without him this season.
10-08-2017 11:04 AM
All American

(10-08-2017 10:42 AM)Wmufan715 Wrote:  But the main DC is Daoust who I hated from beginning. He was Ball states DC last year and was only opponent arrogant enough to think they could go 1 on 1 with Corey. Not even Wisconsin or Northwestern tried it.

I agree with you on Daoust. Not sure he's ever done anything coordinator wise to have deserved the job.

What is worrisome is they were trying all sorts of different blitzes and none were getting home. Credit goes to Buffalo's offensive line, but they weren't confused on any of it. In one of the overtimes, Buffalo had a 3rd and 12, WMU overloaded Buffalo's left side with a blitz, showed it early, so Anderson just simply rolled right and completed an easy first down because our DB's were on an island.

If I was WMU coaches, including Lester, I would take a long look in the mirror at myself after this week. We are 6 weeks in, and the penalties, miscommunications, and frankly the schemes are all an issue.

The good thing? We still won the game in spite of it. Credit goes to the players for gutting it out. Especially the offensive line and Jarvion Franklin. They out lasted the Buffalo D.
10-08-2017 11:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.