Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Incomplete pass reviewed?
Bookmark and Share
bcunn3128 Offline
All American

I Root For: U of Toledo
Someone help me out...we had a pass that was clearly incomplete, and yet the play was reviewed...what were they looking at? Anyone know?
10-07-2017 06:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

ToledoMike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
RE: Incomplete pass reviewed?
I thought they were looking for a “forward” lateral and then a forward pass...would have been a penalty on us.
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 06:36 PM by ToledoMike.)
10-07-2017 06:36 PM
ToledoMike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
This game was bizarre. There were a few calls that didn’t make sense on both sides. And then there is this...
https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/a...d.amp.html
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2017 06:38 PM by ToledoMike.)
10-07-2017 06:37 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo
My guess is they were looking at targeting on the hit the DL put on Woodside at the end of the play. He hit him pretty high and my guess is they were looking to see if it was a shot to the head.

Also, on the last EMU drive, there was a "completion" on the sideline that the receiver clearly juggled for a second. Should have been stopped to check whether he had control before he went out of bounds, but no, can't look at that one.
10-07-2017 06:45 PM

bcunn3128 Offline
All American

I Root For: U of Toledo
(10-07-2017 06:45 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  My guess is they were looking at targeting on the hit the DL put on Woodside at the end of the play. He hit him pretty high and my guess is they were looking to see if it was a shot to the head.

Also, on the last EMU drive, there was a "completion" on the sideline that the receiver clearly juggled for a second. Should have been stopped to check whether he had control before he went out of bounds, but no, can't look at that one.

I thought they could have called targeting when Woodside's TD was taken away after review. Looked to me like the EMU player went a bit high on his hit there.
10-07-2017 06:49 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Heisman

(10-07-2017 06:49 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 06:45 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  My guess is they were looking at targeting on the hit the DL put on Woodside at the end of the play. He hit him pretty high and my guess is they were looking to see if it was a shot to the head.

I thought they could have called targeting when Woodside's TD was taken away after review. Looked to me like the EMU player went a bit high on his hit there.

He's a running back in that case, and so not considered a defenseless player. High hits are ok in that case, as long as the defender doesn't lead with the crown of the helmet.
10-07-2017 06:51 PM
Henry Burlingame Offline
2nd String

I thought maybe they were reviewing whether Logan had crossed the line of scrimmage. It was pretty strange when they announced a review of "an incomplete pass" for a pass that was 5 feet over the receiver's head. The crowd around me laughed and a couple of EMU players threw their hands up in the air as if to say, "What the heck?"
10-07-2017 06:56 PM

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
While we're at it, what was wrong with Brent Balbinot? He kept saying our last FG would do us no good and we needed a TD, when, clearly, in a 2point game, a FG would put us up enough to win if they drove down and got a three in the final minute. There was another bizarre mistake that I can't remember as well.
10-07-2017 06:57 PM
emanoh Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I also for the life of me can't figure out how we didn't get a rushing TD on the other review. He was in the end zone from the waist up. I think it preceded a missed FG.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
10-07-2017 07:19 PM
emanoh Offline
1st String

I Root For:
That was also a fumble before their last touchdown. He was still moving forward. No whistle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
10-07-2017 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.