Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF Pre-Game Festivities
Bookmark and Share
namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:
UCF Pre-Game Festivities
I am coming to the UCF game from north of Dayton, and am bringing my two adult sons with me. One is old enough to have a beer, the other is not.

I am familiar with food and drink establishments around campus, OTR, and the Banks. But I have never previously looked in to the tailgating / on or near campus festivities to browse through. I am wanting to come down 4 - 5 hours early to hang out and eat and drink.

What can anyone fill me in on other than the BW3, Keystone, Brasstap, short Vine, etc?

If I am not an actual tailgater (ie parking a vehicle and bringing food and drink) can I get food and drink on campus?

Thanks in advance.

Oh yeah, and is it a black-out game?

10-05-2017 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: UCF Pre-Game Festivities
(10-05-2017 10:49 AM)namrag Wrote:  I am coming to the UCF game from north of Dayton, and am bringing my two adult sons with me. One is old enough to have a beer, the other is not.

I am familiar with food and drink establishments around campus, OTR, and the Banks. But I have never previously looked in to the tailgating / on or near campus festivities to browse through. I am wanting to come down 4 - 5 hours early to hang out and eat and drink.

What can anyone fill me in on other than the BW3, Keystone, Brasstap, short Vine, etc?

If I am not an actual tailgater (ie parking a vehicle and bringing food and drink) can I get food and drink on campus?

Thanks in advance.

The tailgating lot will have a small selection of food and beer for sale at good prices.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 11:08 AM by MercerCo_BearCat.)
10-05-2017 10:51 AM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(10-05-2017 10:51 AM)MercerCo_BearCat Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:49 AM)namrag Wrote:  I am coming to the UCF game from north of Dayton, and am bringing my two adult sons with me. One is old enough to have a beer, the other is not.

Thanks in advance.

The tailgating lot will have a small selection of food and bear for sale at good prices.

Mmmmmm. Love me some bear. Is it Polar or Grizzly?

10-05-2017 10:55 AM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(10-05-2017 10:55 AM)rtaylor Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

The tailgating lot will have a small selection of food and bear for sale at good prices.

Mmmmmm. Love me some bear. Is it Polar or Grizzly?
Alaskan Black is more tender than Canadian Brown. Both should be marinated overnight cook to 165 degree internal temp.

10-05-2017 11:44 AM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
Anyone familiar with the tailgating in front of Sawyer hall. My buddy has a space so where do you park. I would like to be close enough to transport my cooler and crock pot.

10-05-2017 12:06 PM
Advertisement

namrag Offline
All American

I Root For:

Thanks in advance.

The tailgating lot will have a small selection of food and beer for sale at good prices.

Is the tailgating lot the one in front of Sawyer?

10-05-2017 12:12 PM
AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Come tailgate with the Republic crew. That's where I hang out.

10-05-2017 12:54 PM
Advertisement

gerhard911 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats!
(10-05-2017 12:54 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Come tailgate with the Republic crew. That's where I hang out.

Republic of Cincinnati

Also on Facebook

10-05-2017 12:58 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(10-05-2017 12:12 PM)namrag Wrote:  

Thanks in advance.

Is the tailgating lot the one in front of Sawyer?

Yes, that's where the Grid is. But there are food and beer vendors there, a Family Zone, music (last week anyway there was some band playing). Definitely a good place to go if you want to hang out pre-game and don't want to do your own tailgate.

10-05-2017 12:59 PM
Advertisement

AeroCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(10-05-2017 12:58 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 12:54 PM)AeroCat Wrote:  Come tailgate with the Republic crew. That's where I hang out.

Republic of Cincinnati

Also on Facebook

Thanks. I was too lazy to do that.

04-cheers

10-05-2017 01:06 PM
MercerCo_BearCat Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-05-2017 12:06 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Anyone familiar with the tailgating in front of Sawyer hall. My buddy has a space so where do you park. I would like to be close enough to transport my cooler and crock pot.

You have to find a spot in the garage or off campus. There are a few drive in lots but it's limited to the car/trailer that they have.

10-05-2017 02:04 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
(10-05-2017 02:04 PM)MercerCo_BearCat Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 12:06 PM)rosewater Wrote:  Anyone familiar with the tailgating in front of Sawyer hall. My buddy has a space so where do you park. I would like to be close enough to transport my cooler and crock pot.

You have to find a spot in the garage or off campus. There are a few drive in lots but it's limited to the car/trailer that they have.

Thanks

10-06-2017 08:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.