Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GS thread 10/5/17-Sorry our board is down, feel free not to read if not GS supporter
Bookmark and Share
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
GS thread 10/5/17-Sorry our board is down, feel free not to read if not GS supporter
This Summers experiment is not going well (shocking I know). It's like whack a mole, you fix one problem, another one pops up. He cannot get everything moving in the right direction. I see enough out of the offense that I'm fine with keeping Cook and his staff in place, but here are some ideas of what we may need to do.

Option 1: Fire Costanini, the Defense has shown flashes here and there but too many times looks like trash. We have no idea how the internal coaching structure is right now, but if this option is taken then it's all on Summers to see if he can take the lead on fixing the Defense. Leave the Offensive staff in place and see what happens. Last year for the Falcons, D. Quinn took over defensive playcalling about midway through the season and that side of the ball improved a lot, then the DC was let go at year end. This gives the fan base some red meat, and hopefully improves performance (although CTS may already be heavily involved in the D, in which case this doesn't do a whole lot).

Option 2: Fire Summers, let Lunsford be interim HC, keep offensive and defensive staff in place, although this could be weird since Zo is Summers' homeboy. Maybe having a different voice at the top gets things headed in the right direction, but maybe not.

Option 3: Fire Summers and Costantini, let Lunsford be interim HC, get a retired GS D Player or D coach to come in off the street and be the interim DC for the rest of this year. Would love to hear ideas from anyone of who could fit that bill. I guess another member of the Defensive staff could be interim, but I think they are all barely out of college and/or were most recently coaching high school.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 09:16 AM by boroeagle2.)
10-05-2017 09:15 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Scrotumus Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS
RE: GS thread 10/5/17-Sorry our board is down, feel free not to read if not GS supporter
Clean house, pay Ivin Jasper whatever he asks for to come and hopefully fix the utter cluster-fornication that exists currently.
10-05-2017 09:31 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
RE: GS thread 10/5/17-Sorry our board is down, feel free not to read if not GS supporter
Convenient the board crashes after our worst start since 1941....Really cant blame Eagle22.

CTS is setting all the wrong records and thats it. No minor improvements really matter, of course you eventually have to be better than hot garbage and you will match up better with other teams but to think a CTS lead team is ever going to get us all the way there is a dream.
10-05-2017 09:40 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(10-05-2017 09:31 AM)Scrotumus Wrote:  Clean house, pay Ivin Jasper whatever he asks for to come and hopefully fix the utter cluster-fornication that exists currently.

Yes lets replace a guy with no HC experience with another guy with no HC experience with a HC that calls the plays...sounds logical especially when your last good FBS coach had HC experience. This falls inline with lets give the RB coach a HC job without even being a coordinator first.

Running a program takes a lot more than calling one side of the ball and is one reason CTS is horrible.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 09:44 AM by JCGSU.)
10-05-2017 09:42 AM
ChiefGSU275 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS EAGLES!
(10-05-2017 09:31 AM)Scrotumus Wrote:  Clean house, pay Ivin Jasper whatever he asks for to come and hopefully fix the utter cluster-fornication that exists currently.

I don't think Jasper would come to Statesboro at this time. His son has some medical issues and he has taken a leave from coaching (at least earlier this season he did) and I believe the medical care he is getting in Annapolis could not be matched in Statesboro.
10-05-2017 09:45 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
First 0-4 start to the program since 1941
10-05-2017 09:53 AM
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

https://247sports.com/college/georgia-southern/Board

This forum is available to keep our misery from infecting this board
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 09:54 AM by JCGSU.)
10-05-2017 09:53 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
GSUfans are so pissed that we crashed GSUfans.com writing about how pissed we are
10-05-2017 10:05 AM
eaglewraith Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GA Southern
Doubtful you're going to get Jasper to move right now. With his son's health, I would imagine they'll stick to where they have access to a LOT of really good hospitals/doctors in the immediate area.
10-05-2017 10:05 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
No thanks on Jasper. Only head coaches, please.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 10:13 AM by EigenEagle.)
10-05-2017 10:12 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
(10-05-2017 09:40 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Convenient the board crashes after our worst start since 1941....Really cant blame Eagle22.

No, we are dealing with server issues right now.... that is how much our board is getting accessed right now. Nothing convenient about it nor is this by design.

The service provider has been made aware and a ticket is in place.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 10:18 AM by TheEagleWay.)
10-05-2017 10:13 AM
Advertisement

ChiefGSU275 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS EAGLES!
(10-05-2017 10:05 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  GSUfans are so pissed that we crashed GSUfans.com writing about how pissed we are

Lol I think Eagle22 was just trying to give everyone a little bit to calm down and to let the alcohol clear the system. Probably not a terrible idea, although right now I feel like I need the therapy of wallowing in this misery with other Eagle fans.
10-05-2017 10:15 AM
boroeagle2 Offline
1st String

I Root For: GA SOUTHERN
(10-05-2017 10:15 AM)ChiefGSU275 Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:05 AM)TrueBlueDrew Wrote:  GSUfans are so pissed that we crashed GSUfans.com writing about how pissed we are

Lol I think Eagle22 was just trying to give everyone a little bit to calm down and to let the alcohol clear the system. Probably not a terrible idea, although right now I feel like I need the therapy of wallowing in this misery with other Eagle fans.

Seriously, that's why I made this thread, as a poor substitute for GSUfans, misery loves company
10-05-2017 10:24 AM
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

(10-05-2017 10:13 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 09:40 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Convenient the board crashes after our worst start since 1941....Really cant blame Eagle22.

No, we are dealing with server issues right now.... that is how much our board is getting accessed right now. Nothing convenient about it nor is this by design.

The service provider has been made aware and a ticket is in place.

[Image: yea-k.gif]
10-05-2017 10:24 AM
Eagleditka Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS Eagles
Does anyone think Summers is actually getting fired?

https://twitter.com/f5_gasouthern/status...7644412929
10-05-2017 10:32 AM
Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I think Cook would be fine to retain as HC with Bodine as OC. The biggest problem with the offense is recruiting "longer" guys for a zone blocking scheme. The big guys are to slow to cut block and they miss or get called for chop block because while one is cutting another Doofus engages up high. Cook will have to fix this with recruiting and we'll have problems on O until we get some linemen.

The big issue here is TK who brings his garbage excuses about how "tough" FBS is. It's not like we're in a P5 conference and FBS wasn't difficult at all our first 2 yaers in with a bunch of FCS recruits. GS mhas been special for a lot of years. Now we're being molded to look like every other G5 mediocre to suck team in the country.
10-05-2017 10:50 AM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
So long u have that AD, I don't think he fires summers
10-05-2017 10:53 AM
HighlandsApp Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: AppState
(10-05-2017 09:15 AM)boroeagle2 Wrote:  This Summers experiment is not going well (shocking I know). It's like whack a mole, you fix one problem, another one pops up. He cannot get everything moving in the right direction. I see enough out of the offense that I'm fine with keeping Cook and his staff in place, but here are some ideas of what we may need to do.

Option 1: Fire Costanini, the Defense has shown flashes here and there but too many times looks like trash. We have no idea how the internal coaching structure is right now, but if this option is taken then it's all on Summers to see if he can take the lead on fixing the Defense. Leave the Offensive staff in place and see what happens. Last year for the Falcons, D. Quinn took over defensive playcalling about midway through the season and that side of the ball improved a lot, then the DC was let go at year end. This gives the fan base some red meat, and hopefully improves performance (although CTS may already be heavily involved in the D, in which case this doesn't do a whole lot).

Option 2: Fire Summers, let Lunsford be interim HC, keep offensive and defensive staff in place, although this could be weird since Zo is Summers' homeboy. Maybe having a different voice at the top gets things headed in the right direction, but maybe not.

Option 3: Fire Summers and Costantini, let Lunsford be interim HC, get a retired GS D Player or D coach to come in off the street and be the interim DC for the rest of this year. Would love to hear ideas from anyone of who could fit that bill. I guess another member of the Defensive staff could be interim, but I think they are all barely out of college and/or were most recently coaching high school.

GaSo problems all stem from the AD. He is a former Wake Forest football player who wants to play football coach rather than run the athletic dept as the business that it is. He meddles in the coaching and hired a coach that he could control. In affect, TK is the head football coach and he needs to go for a GaSo to return to being a viable opponent.
10-05-2017 10:56 AM
EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-05-2017 10:15 AM)ChiefGSU275 Wrote:  

If Eagle22 actually wanted to take it offline for a night and let people cool off, I'm fairly sure he's just turn the forums off (like when there's maintenance) and not ask the host to take the actual website down.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 11:05 AM by EigenEagle.)
10-05-2017 11:02 AM
TheEagleWay Offline
POWER OVERWHELMING

I Root For: TheNatCapital
The more you know.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2017 11:09 AM by TheEagleWay.)
10-05-2017 11:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.