Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ESPN sleaze?
bullet Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
ESPN sleaze?
Looking at the schedule this week and ESPN has blanks by all the Big 12 games for its TV. Looking at the schedule, it appears they have chosen not to list Fox or FS1. They do have CBSSN games listed.

Now its possible Fox is really late with its schedule, but it seems just like ESPN being a jerk and providing poor information to its customers.
10-02-2017 05:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Mav Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Omaha
RE: ESPN sleaze?
Now Big 12 fans get to feel how hockey fans felt since the mid-2000s.
10-02-2017 06:26 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-02-2017 05:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  Looking at the schedule this week and ESPN has blanks by all the Big 12 games for its TV. Looking at the schedule, it appears they have chosen not to list Fox or FS1. They do have CBSSN games listed.

Now its possible Fox is really late with its schedule, but it seems just like ESPN being a jerk and providing poor information to its customers.

I have noticed they are late on having those 10 day tv windows listed in their scoreboards.

Conspiracy? I could actually believe it.
10-02-2017 07:12 PM
Wedge Offline

I Root For: California
(10-02-2017 05:30 PM)bullet Wrote:  Looking at the schedule this week and ESPN has blanks by all the Big 12 games for its TV. Looking at the schedule, it appears they have chosen not to list Fox or FS1. They do have CBSSN games listed.

ESPN's website is not picking on the Big 12. They don't identify Fox or FS1 TV coverage for any of the college football games. It just happens that, for this Saturday, there are 4 Big 12 games, 1 on Big Fox and the other 3 on FS1.

For whatever reason, this doesn't extend to pro sports -- ESPN's NFL and MLB listings are showing the TV outlet for all games.

Speculation: The reason for the omission on the CFB listings is that Fox doesn't permit ESPN's website to use video clips from Fox/FS1 CFB games.
10-02-2017 08:51 PM

Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Game
I’m ok with a company not advertising their competitors product.
10-02-2017 10:39 PM
TodgeRodge Offline
All American

I Root For: Todge
they have done this for years including NBC ND games and games on any Fox channel or any other channel

as stated above why let people know where to find the game if they are too stupid to find it themselves
10-02-2017 11:26 PM
tcufrog86 Offline
All American

I Root For: TCU & Wisconsin
Just went to ESPN and on the CFB scoreboard they show Fox by the OU vs. ISU game, FS1 by the TCU vs. WVU game, etc... Must have just been late getting them put up there.
10-03-2017 08:12 AM

BadgerMJ Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Wisconsin / ND
Gamesmanship - the art of winning games by using various ploys and tactics to gain a psychological advantage.

That's all it is. The Eastcoast Sports Programming Network "inadvertently" leaves Fox/FS1 off their list of games.

People express outrage and come up with conspiracy theories when in reality it's most likely nothing more than a little "dig" at the competition.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 08:18 AM by BadgerMJ.)
10-03-2017 08:17 AM
orangefan Online
All American

I Root For: Syracuse
I find it interesting that they list ACC games on Raycom and RSNs as ACCNE, the same reference they use for games shown on ACC Network Extra, ESPN's ACC streaming service..
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 10:37 AM by orangefan.)
10-03-2017 10:35 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-03-2017 10:35 AM)orangefan Wrote:  I find it interesting that they list ACC games on Raycom and RSNs as ACCNE, the same reference they use for games shown on ACC Network Extra, ESPN's ACC streaming service..

That's because they only tell you how to view them through the WatchESPN app... you may be able to get the game on an antenna, but they won't tell you how.

Honestly, I'm ok with that. If you can't figure it out without help, go to theacc.com
10-03-2017 12:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2017 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.