Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Charlotte @ FIU
Bookmark and Share
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
Charlotte @ FIU
BeIn Sports 7pm ET kickoff in Miami.

Charlotte (0–4) hasn’t looked good at all this season. The offense has really struggled with a very limited pass game and a turnovers prone QB. An OC change was made earlier this week with the promotion of the O-line coach. We’ll see if the play calling changes to a more run heavy approach. RB Ben LeMay has been one of the few bright spots. I suspect FIU will cover the 10 spread in this game but FIU hasn’t put up a lot of points this season. Charlotte plays better on the road than at home and had a big lead on FIU last season before a 4th quarter implosion. If FIU overlooks this game Charlotte may be able to pull off a surprise.
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2017 01:53 PM by jaminniner.)
09-30-2017 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
RE: Charlotte @ FIU
FIU by 40+, tbh.
09-30-2017 01:10 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-30-2017 01:10 PM)correcamino Wrote:  FIU by 40+, tbh.

From what I've seen, FIUs offense isn't good enough to beat us by that much. I don't see us winning the game though, or even really keeping it close unless the new OC is a magician.
09-30-2017 01:49 PM
FIU Panther Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: FIU
Yeah. I don't think our offense is capable of 30+
09-30-2017 01:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheFIUtheproud Offline
2nd String

Not sure our offense is capable of 21 points. From an FIU perspective this is a battle to determine if we are progressing this season. Actually, it may be a battle of whether we are a mediocre team heading to somewhat good or just a mediocre team heading nowhere. I hope this isn't a team heading south. But you never know.
09-30-2017 03:58 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I'll be keeping up with the game via #charlotte49ers twitter. When they quit posting updates after halftime I'll know we're done.
09-30-2017 03:59 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-30-2017 03:59 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I'll be keeping up with the game via #charlotte49ers twitter. When they quit posting updates after halftime I'll know we're done.

clt is getting ready to smoke some wings for the game
09-30-2017 04:54 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
(09-30-2017 04:54 PM)ghostofclt Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 03:59 PM)49RFootballNow Wrote:  I'll be keeping up with the game via #charlotte49ers twitter. When they quit posting updates after halftime I'll know we're done.

clt is getting ready to smoke some weed for the game

FIFY
09-30-2017 05:03 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
Pillow fight of the week! No one get hurt and it's a win...
09-30-2017 05:38 PM
correcamino Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTSA
Charlotte up 26-14 at halftime.

[Image: is-this-real-life.jpg]
09-30-2017 07:44 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Wow. Charlotte loses 30-29. UNC-C kicker missed an extra point in the 1st half and missed the go-ahead game winning field goal. FIU very gutsy for the comeback.
09-30-2017 09:17 PM
Advertisement

49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

Just one step closer to firing this staff. God I hope they take the AD down with them.
09-30-2017 09:20 PM
Hood-rich Offline
Smarter Than the Average Lib

I Root For: ECU & CSU
(09-30-2017 01:54 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Yeah. I don't think our offense is capable of 30+
LOL

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app
09-30-2017 09:38 PM
FIU4Ever Offline

Wow, 49ers new OC should package and sell his motivational speech because you guys came out firing!

Good luck to y'all the rest of the season.
09-30-2017 09:41 PM
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
(09-30-2017 09:38 PM)Hood-rich Wrote:  
(09-30-2017 01:54 PM)FIU Panther Fan Wrote:  Yeah. I don't think our offense is capable of 30+
LOL

Sent from my SM-J700T using CSNbbs mobile app

It's true they only needed 30. Not 31.
09-30-2017 09:42 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
Congratulations FIU.
09-30-2017 09:43 PM
Advertisement

FIUFan Offline
All American

Charlotte deserves a salute here for changing out their OC and playing to the strengths of their QB. He has a strong arm with good receivers and can run like nobodies business. They will come out of this game with renewed confidence and I don't see them as a push-over for any team remaining on their schedule. I also think they are going to surprise a team or two.

As far as FIU is concerned, I am disappointed with the way we came out of the locker room to start this game on both sides of the ball. The offense did not start performing until their backs were up against the wall, this is surely the sign of an immature football team. I'm also disappointed that our defense took until after the half time break to finally make adjustments to what was clearly an attack they were not expecting.

On the plus side FIU continued to fight and make progress right up until the final whistle. Just like after the UCF game, there are going to be a ton of teaching moments in regard to that inept first half performance.

Finally, I'm not sure what's going on with this Charlotte team but they beat Marshall, FAU and USM last year; arguably the upper half of this conference. They just need a confidence builder, because they are not a bad football team, and this past Saturday may have been the start of their ascension toward a respectable season.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 09:20 AM by FIUFan.)
10-02-2017 09:19 AM
fiuforyou Offline
Water Engineer

(10-02-2017 09:19 AM)FIUFan Wrote:  Charlotte deserves a salute here for changing out their OC and playing to the strengths of their QB. He has a strong arm with good receivers and can run like nobodies business. They will come out of this game with renewed confidence and I don't see them as a push-over for any team remaining on their schedule. I also think they are going to surprise a team or two.

As far as FIU is concerned, I am disappointed with the way we came out of the locker room to start this game on both sides of the ball. The offense did not start performing until their backs were up against the wall, this is surely the sign of an immature football team. I'm also disappointed that our defense took until after the half time break to finally make adjustments to what was clearly an attack they were not expecting.

On the plus side FIU continued to fight and make progress right up until the final whistle. Just like after the UCF game, there are going to be a ton of teaching moments in regard to that inept first half performance.

Finally, I'm not sure what's going on with this Charlotte team but they beat Marshall, FAU and USM last year; arguably the upper half of this conference. They just need a confidence builder, because they are not a bad football team, and this past Saturday may have been the start of their ascension toward a respectable season.

FIU came back from a 19 point deficit. Say what you will about our team, but Coach Butch has instilled a new work ethic and attitude that is clearly paying dividends.

I believe we would have lost to Rice and UNCC if we still had the old coaching staff.

People are forgetting that Charlotte did in fact come in with a different OC and our guys probably didn't know what to expect. The fact that Butch made the half time adjustments necessary to pull the W shows us we're improving.

Some of our C-USA colleagues are jumping the gun and celebrating their early success while belittling schools like FIU and Charlotte, writing us off too early IMO. I also think Charlotte is going to pull off some upsets down the road, just as we will.
10-02-2017 10:03 AM
FIUFan Offline
All American

(10-02-2017 10:03 AM)fiuforyou Wrote:  FIU came back from a 19 point deficit. Say what you will about our team, but Coach Butch has instilled a new work ethic and attitude that is clearly paying dividends.
I believe we would have lost to Rice and UNCC if we still had the old coaching staff.
People are forgetting that Charlotte did in fact come in with a different OC and our guys probably didn't know what to expect. The fact that Butch made the half time adjustments necessary to pull the W shows us we're improving.
Some of our C-USA colleagues are jumping the gun and celebrating their early success while belittling schools like FIU and Charlotte, writing us off too early IMO. I also think Charlotte is going to pull off some upsets down the road, just as we will.

I agree, we would have probably found a way to lose the last two games rather than win them with our previous coaching staff. However, I'm still not sold on either of our coordinators; the upcoming teams are only going to get better and I'm just not sure they have the imagination to keep the other side of the ball off-balance.

As far as 'jumping the gun' on these boards, that's just par for the course around here. No team is as bad or as good as the hype pushed by some of these fans as they try to make their point(s).

And as far as our next game is concerned I'm really worried about how the team leaders (coaches and players) are going to be able to navigate the 'uncharted waters' of the marginal success we've just had.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 10:17 AM by FIUFan.)
10-02-2017 10:15 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

Your coach made adjustments at halftime. Charlotte has lost numerous games because of our inability to adjust to adjustments other teams have made. I firmly believe we have players that can be competitive in CUSA (though probably not the talent necessary to compete for the championship), but we have the worst coaching staff in the conference.
10-02-2017 07:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.