Rogers urges Packers fans lock arms for unity and equality
09-28-2017 12:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
RE: Rogers urges Packers fans lock arms for unity and equality
(09-28-2017 12:08 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...aab93cbc00

This is going to be awesome.

The boos will be deafening.
09-28-2017 12:15 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
(09-28-2017 12:15 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 12:08 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/earl...aab93cbc00

Why? Do people have something against unity and equality?
09-28-2017 12:16 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(09-28-2017 12:16 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

No nothing against those vague terms, but people will be angry about escalating protests during the anthem.
09-28-2017 12:18 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN

Locking arms? 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao That'll really stick it to the man. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
09-28-2017 12:21 PM
Kronke Offline
Banned

I Root For: Arsenal / StL
Quote:Donald J. Trump‏ Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

Great solidarity for our National Anthem and for our Country. Standing with locked arms is good, kneeling is not acceptable. Bad ratings!
11:20 AM - 24 Sep 2017

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...5158402049
09-28-2017 12:27 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(09-28-2017 12:16 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Why do they hate America?
09-28-2017 12:39 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss

So they're changing the purpose of their personal protests now? I mean which is it..

NFL players protesting because the President said they should be fired for protesting- I assume is unity?

Protesting for racial equality? (if that's the case, then why did it take president Trump to get as many as they did to protest for that? Shouldn't they have been protesting long before the President's tweet?)

It's simple.. the players know their protests backfired with the public... and they're trying to get a few people to step out and _try_ to change the narrative... as I told you from the beginning... they didn't get the response they thought they'd get with the public.

Again, they can't even agree what they want to protest, and what they want fans to protest.
09-28-2017 12:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-28-2017 12:43 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

So they're changing the purpose of their personal protests now? I mean which is it..

NFL players protesting because the President said they should be fired for protesting- I assume is unity?

Protesting for racial equality? (if that's the case, then why did it take president Trump to get as many as they did to protest for that? Shouldn't they have been protesting long before the President's tweet?)

It's simple.. the players know their protests backfired with the public... and they're trying to get a few people to step out and _try_ to change the narrative... as I told you from the beginning... they didn't get the response they thought they'd get with the public.

Again, they can't even agree what they want to protest, and what they want fans to protest.

Is there anything that these football players can do that wouldn't bother you?
09-28-2017 12:59 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-28-2017 12:59 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Well, the football players on the Panthers could maybe score a few touchdowns. That wouldn't bother me at least.
09-28-2017 01:09 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.

Perhaps their jobs?
09-28-2017 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-28-2017 01:11 PM)appst89 Wrote:  

Perhaps their jobs?

Maybe that is why they did it. They want people who don't normally pay attention to the news to become aware of a problem that they see. Breast Cancer awareness is the same way. They wear pink so that average football watcher will become aware of something else in the world that needs to be addressed.

Life is messy that way. We all want to watch tv and not be bothered with other peoples problems but unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.
09-28-2017 01:21 PM
ArmyBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB

I have to give you credit. You've upped your trolling game these last couple of days.
09-28-2017 01:23 PM
appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(09-28-2017 01:21 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  

Perhaps their jobs?

Maybe that is why they did it. They want people who don't normally pay attention to the news to become aware of a problem that they see. Breast Cancer awareness is the same way. They wear pink so that average football watcher will become aware of something else in the world that needs to be addressed.

Life is messy that way. We all want to watch tv and not be bothered with other peoples problems but unfortunately, that doesn't always happen.

What problem is that?

And how will their cause be advanced by pi$$ing of 2/3 of the US?
09-28-2017 01:28 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(09-28-2017 01:28 PM)appst89 Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 01:21 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 12:43 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  So they're changing the purpose of their personal protests now? I mean which is it..

Perhaps their jobs?

What problem is that?

And how will their cause be advanced by pi$$ing of 2/3 of the US?

inequality.

Their cause will be advanced by bringing awareness to the problem. The squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Most people will choose to ignore it at first and then little by little people will start to listen and then eventually it will be an accepted item of reform.

It was that way with segregation, gay marriage, etc. etc.

Eventually people come around and realize they can't ignore the problem anymore.
09-28-2017 01:31 PM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Maybe these idiots should donate their entire contract (not just a game check or even 1 season, but the whole thing) to the less fortunate to eradicate this inequality. See if any of them step up and do that. Kap might, but.............................

he aint got a contract to donate! 03-lmfao
09-28-2017 01:40 PM
Advertisement

ark30inf Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Arkansas State
Rogers urges Packers fans lock arms for unity and equality
Ok, why not just have a 30-minute political correctness lecture before each game. Mandatory for all fans and other customers. Maybe have test afterwards to make sure everyone is thinking right enough to watch football.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
09-28-2017 01:41 PM
Lord Stanley Offline
L'Étoile du Nord

I Root For: NIU
This will not end well for the Packers.
09-28-2017 01:41 PM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(09-28-2017 01:41 PM)Lord Stanley Wrote:  This will not end well for the Packers.

But they're going to be sticking it to "the man". 03-lmfao How can it fail?
09-28-2017 01:43 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
The Packers are fan owned, so I guess they could tell those son of a ******* to get off the field.
09-28-2017 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.