Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT - U of Louisville's had a rough couple of years
Bookmark and Share
crex043 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
OT - U of Louisville's had a rough couple of years
The below article comes from the Chronicle of Higher Education and lays out the last two years of embarrassing U of L history. Good read. Amazingly enough, most of the issues are not related to athletics. This points to a complete lack of institutional integrity.

http://www.chronicle.com/article/It-s-Be...ars/241312

09-28-2017 11:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
RE: OT - U of Louisville's had a rough couple of years
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo...711560001/

Yea, i had to laugh when i read this. Trying to spin it like it was a "Bowen" problem. Anybody believe that? LOL

09-28-2017 11:28 AM
bearcatmark Offline

I Root For: the Deliverator
At least they went the classy/clean route with their football coach.

09-28-2017 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crex043 Offline
All American

(09-28-2017 11:28 AM)dsquare Wrote:  http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo...711560001/

Yea, i had to laugh when i read this. Trying to spin it like it was a "Bowen" problem. Anybody believe that? LOL

They said that in the same breath that they admitted there was a second recruit that is under investigation. U of L should have pumped the breaks a long time ago. This behavior probably all started in the mid to late 00's, resulted in the vacated 2013 championship, and is the reason for why they're where they are now.

09-28-2017 11:35 AM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
Notice how the problems started at about the time they got too uppity for their long-time arch-rival.

09-28-2017 11:35 AM
IULurker Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
(09-28-2017 11:28 AM)dsquare Wrote:  http://www.courier-journal.com/story/spo...711560001/

No doubt. If a "mere complementary piece" gets $100k, I wonder what the others in the class got?

09-28-2017 11:41 AM
Advertisement

MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(09-28-2017 11:35 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Notice how the problems started at about the time they got too uppity for their long-time arch-rival.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone's fans, but there is some vindication in all of this for us. For years, UL fans wouldn't hesitate to look down their noses at us. They'd sing the vision and accomplishments of their university and, specifically, their AD. And on paper, damn they were right. They'd taken the athletic department to heights few could have imagined in the late 90s when UC and UL had little to separation. Now, as you look back on that separation, it's abundantly clear that it only arose from cheating, scandal, blissful ignorance and a win at all costs mentality.

09-28-2017 11:49 AM
applegbt Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC
"We will be looking for someone with integrity."

LOL...ouch.

09-28-2017 11:55 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
Does anyone hear think it was a stripper that changed Chane Behanan from Cincy to Lvl?

09-28-2017 11:56 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
(09-28-2017 11:56 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Does anyone hear think it was a stripper that changed Chane Behanan from Cincy to Lvl?

Maybe a blowup doll stuffed with Benjamins...

09-28-2017 12:00 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

A man I know in the college academics business always said Louisville was a junior college academically with a major college athletic program grafted onto it.

09-28-2017 12:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

The University accreditation issue is huge...and one that has made it damn near impossible for them to find a replacement for their president. That and the fact that Bevin seems to be on a full-service vendetta against any form of learning in the state 03-lmfao

09-28-2017 12:25 PM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
Apparently Louisville doesn't have a board now either.... both Bevin and Beshear claiming victory in this ruling that came out today.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/new...711929001/

09-28-2017 12:33 PM
Bearcat1010 Offline
2nd String

(09-28-2017 12:25 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  The University accreditation issue is huge...and one that has made it damn near impossible for them to find a replacement for their president. That and the fact that Bevin seems to be on a full-service vendetta against any form of learning in the state 03-lmfao

Accreditation is sort of the whole point.

There were some UC CoE accreditation questions/issues when I was in school. I don't know any details but multiple classes were significantly changed after my class took them. The revised classes were significantly harder and honestly probably actually worthwhile. I'm glad UC addressed the issue rather than taking the UL route of lying and falsifying records.

09-28-2017 12:34 PM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

(09-28-2017 11:49 AM)MickMack Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 11:35 AM)Former Lurker Wrote:  Notice how the problems started at about the time they got too uppity for their long-time arch-rival.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone's fans, but there is some vindication in all of this for us. For years, UL fans wouldn't hesitate to look down their noses at us. They'd sing the vision and accomplishments of their university and, specifically, their AD. And on paper, damn they were right. They'd taken the athletic department to heights few could have imagined in the late 90s when UC and UL had little to separation. Now, as you look back on that separation, it's abundantly clear that it only arose from cheating, scandal, blissful ignorance and a win at all costs mentality.

Bolded, I agree with your sentiments on this with one qualification; their university has never come close to UC academically, in research funding, enrollment or endowment. For many years, academic departments there used UC as their benchmark--where they aspired to be.

I also recall a comment from Mick early in his tenure when asked about recruiting for the two schools. He shared that UC feels much more like a university community (Uptown) and more residential. I would compare U of L's setting more to the Mill Creek Valley along I-75.

09-28-2017 12:34 PM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(09-28-2017 12:34 PM)OKIcat Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 11:49 AM)MickMack Wrote:  

Bolded, I agree with your sentiments on this with one qualification; their university has never come close to UC academically, in research funding, enrollment or endowment. For many years, academic departments there used UC as their benchmark--where they aspired to be.

I also recall a comment from Mick early in his tenure when asked about recruiting for the two schools. He shared that UC feels much more like a university community (Uptown) and more residential. I would compare U of L's setting more to the Mill Creek Valley along I-75.

I completely agree with you. Our success was built with better students and faculty. Their success was built with criminal activity.

09-28-2017 12:40 PM
Advertisement

TubaCat Offline
1st Chair

I Root For: Bearcats, tubas
(09-28-2017 12:00 PM)JackieTreehorn Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 11:56 AM)dsquare Wrote:  Does anyone hear think it was a stripper that changed Chane Behanan from Cincy to Lvl?

Or maybe Papa John himself provided some "crust" for Chane to stuff.

09-28-2017 02:23 PM
crex043 Offline
All American

(09-28-2017 02:23 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

That's damn poetic of you.

09-28-2017 02:32 PM
bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(09-28-2017 02:23 PM)TubaCat Wrote:  

or maybe some dough.

09-28-2017 02:39 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
They should change thier endzone graphic to University-6.....own it

09-28-2017 03:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.