Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

So that BeIN TV deal...YIKES (9k combined viewers for two games this season)
Bookmark and Share
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

I Root For: ECU
Link

9k combined viewers during two telecasts this season thus far. ESPNU's non promoted last minute due to Irma game (see pillow fight) on SUNDAY at NOON got 82K. I hope you guys can get some better partners in the near future cause BeIN won't help you guys one bit.
09-27-2017 04:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Magic95Fan Offline
1st String

I Root For: North Texas
RE: So that BeIN TV deal...YIKES (9k combined viewers for two matches this season)
While I do have BeIn, it is a pain in the butt to find when scrolling through channels. It is not something that people will generally stumble on as they surf. It is over a hundred channels past ESPN on my provider.
09-27-2017 04:48 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(09-27-2017 04:48 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  While I do have BeIn, it is a pain in the butt to find when scrolling through channels. It is not something that people will generally stumble on as they surf. It is over a hundred channels past ESPN on my provider.

Yeah and while it’s tried so hard to become more diverse from just Soccer they’ve made some bad/cheap moves and haven’t really gone out there saying in the ad space saying they have college football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
09-27-2017 04:50 PM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
RE: So that BeIN TV deal...YIKES (9k combined viewers for two games this season)
I bet ECU fans wish their team played on beIN this year where no one could see them.
09-27-2017 04:58 PM
PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(09-27-2017 04:58 PM)MTowho Wrote:  I bet ECU fans wish their team played on beIN this year where no one could see them.

Nah we’re fine plus we can still have a decent season. Improbable but we’ve had a bad OOC before and gone 7-1 in conference.

09-27-2017 05:07 PM
zharkins Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: LA Tech
RE: So that BeIN TV deal...YIKES (9k combined viewers for two games this season)
No one watches BeIN. Even for primetime LaLiga soccer matches that are right in the wheelhouse of their target audience, they only draw around 15k viewers.
09-27-2017 05:08 PM
Advertisement

PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(09-27-2017 05:08 PM)zharkins Wrote:  No one watches BeIN. Even for primetime LaLiga soccer matches that are right in the wheelhouse of their target audience, they only draw around 15k viewers.

Their ownership is holding them back sadly given the stigma. If they sold off to say NBCU to become like an NBCSN2 not only will studio shows get and look better the number of households will skyrocket within a year or two.

09-27-2017 05:14 PM
monarx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Oh wow, CUSAs TV package sucks! I had no idea. (sarcasm) This isn't even news. The news will be when the AAC sees their revenue stream from media evaporate and they find they'll be left with nearly the same garbage of BeIn, ASN and E3. Of course at that point, we will likely be exclusively streaming and they'll still troll us.
09-27-2017 05:57 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
if you're a sports fan, you know your channels...it's the nonsports fans that we need to cater too...i know all sports channels by number...very easy if it's something you want to know about
09-27-2017 08:25 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
I enjoy the BeIN games. Production values are fine and announcers, too. Problem is that they don't have an HD channel (at least on Xfinity in Nashville) so when you're browsing the guide for games most people, as I do, stick around the HD channels. I have to intentionally search out BeIN and pretty much only do that if UAB is playing.
09-27-2017 09:15 PM
blazerjay Offline

Donators
Uverse carries their HD channel.
09-27-2017 09:34 PM
Advertisement

PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

(09-27-2017 09:15 PM)blazr Wrote:  I enjoy the BeIN games. Production values are fine and announcers, too. Problem is that they don't have an HD channel (at least on Xfinity in Nashville) so when you're browsing the guide for games most people, as I do, stick around the HD channels. I have to intentionally search out BeIN and pretty much only do that if UAB is playing.

Have you tried their streaming app for HD?

09-27-2017 09:51 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(09-27-2017 09:51 PM)PurpleReigns Wrote:  
(09-27-2017 09:15 PM)blazr Wrote:  I enjoy the BeIN games. Production values are fine and announcers, too. Problem is that they don't have an HD channel (at least on Xfinity in Nashville) so when you're browsing the guide for games most people, as I do, stick around the HD channels. I have to intentionally search out BeIN and pretty much only do that if UAB is playing.

Have you tried their streaming app for HD?

Nah. I could but I'm old.
09-27-2017 09:53 PM
jaminniner Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Charlotte
Wink RE: So that BeIN TV deal...YIKES (9k combined viewers for two games this season)
This will change this weekend with the big FIU vs Charlotte game!
09-28-2017 07:00 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-27-2017 04:48 PM)Magic95Fan Wrote:  While I do have BeIn, it is a pain in the butt to find when scrolling through channels. It is not something that people will generally stumble on as they surf. It is over a hundred channels past ESPN on my provider.

Not sure what provider you have but this is one area Cox does awesome in. They have a sports button. You click it, all scores for all sports pop up on the right side of the screen and you can sort through different leagues to find the game you want and directly tune to the game you want. It also has box scores and drive recaps, which is pretty neat.
09-28-2017 07:39 AM
Monarchist13 Offline

(09-27-2017 09:34 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  Uverse carries their HD channel.

As does Cox.
09-28-2017 07:40 AM
Advertisement

TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
I'm not sure what Comcast/UVerse packages include but if you have DirecTV and you want the BeIn channel you HAVE to get the PREMIER package which is THE most expensive package that DirecTV offers. Which means you have to fork out about $250 a month (minimum)...why can't they include BeIn Sports on the same package that comes with ESPN/2/U/New/CBSSports/FS1/2?????

That's why BeIn sucks.
09-28-2017 08:36 AM
LaTechBanjo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: LaTech
They seem to pick really bad games.
09-28-2017 09:19 AM
WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
(09-28-2017 08:36 AM)TTT Wrote:  I'm not sure what Comcast/UVerse packages include but if you have DirecTV and you want the BeIn channel you HAVE to get the PREMIER package which is THE most expensive package that DirecTV offers. Which means you have to fork out about $250 a month (minimum)...why can't they include BeIn Sports on the same package that comes with ESPN/2/U/New/CBSSports/FS1/2?????

That's why BeIn sucks.

$250 a month, what package do you have? I pay $90 a month and have HBO, Sunday TIcket, and Sports Package for free....YOu just have to negotiate.....Bein is really good production IMO, cool seeing Donvan McNabb doing our games, who cares no one can find it, the people who want to find it know where it is....We are never going to get primetime Saturday nights on ESPN, this deal is much better than playing on ESPNU at 10 on a Wednesday night which is what ESPN would want us on ESPNews....ESPN is dying, just be patient and see...
09-28-2017 09:23 AM
TTT Offline
#SMTTT

I Root For: USM & G5
Is that some type of introductory price? How long have you been paying $90 for all that? I must be getting ripped off...I pay $175 for the Ultimate package with a few boxes in my house which is one package lower than the Premier. I get ESPN/2/u/new, cbs sports, fs 1/2, SEC network, b10 network, nbc sports and a couple of the fox sport south channels but no BeIn Sports. When I first got DirecTV it was awesome because I was only paying like 90 bucks for everything I have now....now all those credits/free for so many months have expired and I'm paying the standard...
09-28-2017 10:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.