Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The NFL Thinks You're Stupid
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

I Root For: Memphis

Donators
The NFL Thinks You're Stupid
The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 02:45 PM by bubbapt.)
09-25-2017 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
RE: The NFL Thinks You're Stupid
Do you do any research before you post?

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-col...21581.html
09-25-2017 10:35 AM
DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(09-25-2017 10:35 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Do you do any research before you post?

Dang, kneejerk leftist. I was hoping you were going to prove me wrong, but alas you did not.
09-25-2017 10:56 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
Interesting that no advertisers have threatened to stop advertising during NFL games.
09-25-2017 11:02 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

(09-25-2017 10:56 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 10:35 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  Do you do any research before you post?

Dang, kneejerk leftist. I was hoping you were going to prove me wrong, but alas you did not.

So you're okay with the propagation of fake news? 07-coffee3
09-25-2017 11:03 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:02 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Interesting that no advertisers have threatened to stop advertising during NFL games.

More ratings like last night and they'll be asking what they're paying for.
09-25-2017 11:04 AM
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(09-25-2017 11:03 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  

Are you?

Did you read the original post before you linked the article?

The article has nothing to do with the original post.

In fact, the original post actually addresses an issue with RGIII when he was wearing a T-shirt with the slogan, :No Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, Know Peace."

The NFL would not allow him to wear display that message during a press conference. He had to turn his t-shirt inside out.

Report: RGIII Told By NFL Not To Wear ‘Know Jesus, Know Peace’ Shirt For His Press Conference
09-25-2017 11:15 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(09-25-2017 11:02 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  Interesting that no advertisers have threatened to stop advertising during NFL games.

Mostly because their adds will be shown during playoffs for free or MLB playoffs for free or some other major sporting event for free or discounted heavily. It's how these things work and not a barometer.
09-25-2017 11:17 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:04 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  

More ratings like last night and they'll be asking what they're paying for.

Quote:The NFL rule book specifically requires both teams appear on the field for the playing of the anthem, standing, remaining quiet, and holding their helmets in their left hands. Failure to do so can result in fines, suspensions, and the loss of draft picks.

The rules are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:
NOT THE RULEBOOK!!!

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

https://news.grabien.com/story-roger-goo...ng-players

The rules regarding gameday policies are in the "Leagues game operations manual" NOT in the rulebook.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 12:06 PM by TomorrowHerd.)
09-25-2017 11:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
Yes let's keep debating something that every person has a right to do and people died to defend your right to do it.

Meanwhile that dough-boy in NK is about to obliterate the planet...... but you know, this is far more important......

The NFL is right - you are all stupid!
09-25-2017 11:28 AM
Dasville Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UofL
(09-25-2017 11:28 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Yes let's keep debating something that every person has a right to do and people died to defend your right to do it.

Meanwhile that dough-boy in NK is about to obliterate the planet...... but you know, this is far more important......

Isn't that what we deserve though?
09-25-2017 11:32 AM
Advertisement

DefCONNOne Offline
That damn MLS!!

I Root For: UCONN
(09-25-2017 11:28 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  Yes let's keep debating something that every person has a right to do and people died to defend your right to do it.

Thanks for that well-thought out reply.

Here let me play you out...05-sosad
09-25-2017 11:35 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

(09-25-2017 11:15 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Are you?

In fact, the original post actually addresses an issue with RGIII when he was wearing a T-shirt with the slogan, :No Jesus, No Peace. Know Jesus, Know Peace."

The NFL would not allow him to wear display that message during a press conference. He had to turn his t-shirt inside out.

Report: RGIII Told By NFL Not To Wear ‘Know Jesus, Know Peace’ Shirt For His Press Conference

He modified his post after I first commented. See the time stamps.

His original post said something like this:

Quote:The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

"The NFL doesn't follow their own rules. The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

"During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...

"...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So not only is bubba too lazy to do a quick google search before he posts something false online, he's apparently too much of a coward to own up to his mistake.
09-25-2017 11:39 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:39 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  

Are you?

Quote:The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

"The NFL doesn't follow their own rules. The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

"During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition...

"...It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

So not only is bubba too lazy to do a quick google search before he posts something false online, he's apparently too much of a coward to own up to his mistake.

Wow, what a whiner. Just because you hate America is no reason to take it out on me.

I think the rule book is quite clear; don't you?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 11:42 AM by bubbapt.)
09-25-2017 11:41 AM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

(09-25-2017 11:41 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 10:56 AM)DefCONNOne Wrote:  Dang, kneejerk leftist. I was hoping you were going to prove me wrong, but alas you did not.

Are you?

Wow, what a whiner. Just because you hate America is no reason to take it out on me.

LOL! Keep it up bubba!

Posting disingenuous material and then covering up your bull**** by modifying your post.

Just admit that you were doped by some fake facebook meme and I'll let it go.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 11:45 AM by BobcatEngineer.)
09-25-2017 11:44 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:44 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 11:03 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  So you're okay with the propagation of fake news? 07-coffee3

Are you?

LOL! Keep it up bubba!

Posting disingenuous material and then covering up your bull**** by modifying your post.

So what don't you like about the NFL rule book?

And why do you hate America?
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2017 11:52 AM by bubbapt.)
09-25-2017 11:47 AM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(09-25-2017 11:47 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 11:15 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  Are you?

LOL! Keep it up bubba!

Hey Bubba, you mind showing me where that appears in the rule book? Link is below.

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/201...-rules.pdf
09-25-2017 11:53 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:53 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 11:47 AM)bubbapt Wrote:  
(09-25-2017 11:39 AM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  He modified his post after I first commented. See the time stamps.

LOL! Keep it up bubba!

Hey Bubba, you mind showing me where that appears in the rule book? Link is below.

http://operations.nfl.com/media/2646/201...-rules.pdf

Right cherrr. Why the America hatin'?

Throughout the period on game-day that a player is visible to the stadium and television audience (including in pregame warm-ups, in the bench area, and during postgame interviews in the locker room or on the field), players are prohibited from wearing, displaying, or otherwise conveying personal messages either in writing or illustration, unless such message has been approved in advance by the League office. Items to celebrate anniversaries or memorable events, or to honor or commemorate individuals, such as helmet decals, and arm bands and jersey patches on players’ uniforms, are prohibited unless approved in advance by the League office. All such items approved by the League office, if any, must relate to team or League events or personages. The League will not grant permission for any club or player to wear, display, or otherwise convey messages, through helmet decals, arm bands, jersey patches, or other items affixed to game uniforms or equipment, which relate to political activities or causes, other non-football events, causes or campaigns, or charitable causes or campaigns. Further, any such approved items must be modest in size, tasteful, non-commercial, and noncontroversial; must not be worn for more than one football season; and if approved for use by a specific team, must not be worn by players on other teams in the League.
09-25-2017 11:55 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
My bad, I think I didn't follow the quote feature correctly. I thought you were saying the national anthem being played was in the rule book.
09-25-2017 11:57 AM
bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
(09-25-2017 11:57 AM)fsquid Wrote:  My bad, I think I didn't follow the quote feature correctly. I thought you were saying the national anthem being played was in the rule book.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
09-25-2017 11:58 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.